What Are You Listening To?

Delta Force79

"A Little Piece of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold.

FWIW, their new album is probably one of my favorite albums of all time now. It's pretty much everything my vision for my metal band is; dark, theatric, twisted and experimental (mixing in all of the extras from violins to pianos to steel guitar, etc.) EXCEPT I'd probably go heavier with the music.

M. Shadows (their lead singer) sounds so good now that he actually sings as opposed to screaming like a lil' bitch (ala their first albums --- which I hate for the most part) I guess blowing your vocal cords will do that for you :)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

"A Little Piece of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold.

FWIW, their new album is probably one of my favorite albums of all time now. It's pretty much everything my vision for my metal band is; dark, theatric, twisted and experimental (mixing in all of the extras from violins to pianos to steel guitar, etc.) EXCEPT I'd probably go heavier with the music.

M. Shadows (their lead singer) sounds so good now that he actually sings as opposed to screaming like a lil' bitch (ala their first albums --- which I hate for the most part) I guess blowing your vocal cords will do that for you :)

You mean... I'm not the only one who likes "A Little Piece of Heaven?" :P

As for their previous albums, I will say Matt's vocals were more powerful in those, before he blew his cords. The screaming does bring the album down, though.

Maybe I should revisit the first albums.

Everyone I talk to says: "What, I can't beleive you don't like the old stuff" especially given my tastes.

Oh well, "A Little Piece of Heaven" is a masterpiece IMO despite what people say. I'm sure it'll cause a huge backlash from the hardcore fans -- which IMO, is all the better and a lot of the appeal. Music, especially metal, is supposed to inspire emotion.

If you can look past the screaming, the instrumentals, arrangements, and song writing in "Waking the Fallen" are without many faults. It's very dark and definitely heavier. It's a little one-sided, though. There's not much range in sound besides "I Won't See You Tonight, Part 1" which is without screaming and ties in piano throughout the entire song. If you check out any song other than the one mentioned, check out "Chapter Four", "Clairvoyant Disease" as well as "And All Things Will End". They have the least amount of screaming and the first one is just an awesome song. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

• 1 month later...
Feel - Robbie Williams

I LOVE that song. It is beautiful! Download Road to Mandalay. It is a beautiful Robbie track!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest YellowJacket894

"Lost" - Avenged Sevenfold

What can I say? I'm with the consensus view here; the new stuff is better.

Edited by YellowJacket894