What Are You Listening To?

Delta Force79

Coldplay.... clocks

I have both Bad English and Backlash...pretty good discs, definitely ballad rock but a nice change of pace sometimes. I've never heard anything by Hardline though...what's a good album(s) by them?

I just got done listening to Animal by Rogue Male. They were a UK hard rock band that were supposed to be the "next big thing" but quietly faded away after their second album. They almost sound like a hard rock version of the Clash.

Guest YellowJacket894

"Self Destructive Pattern" - Spineshank

Boring nu-metal with a so-so sound. But, hey, I'm pulling a bunch of old mp3s out of mothballs on my computer so don't hate. :P

I bought Winger IV...after about four listens I'm really beginning to like it. The first time I listened to it I was regretting the purchase and thinking I should've just waited to buy a used copy, but after each one I began to like it more and more. The sound is a lot different (much heavier than old Winger), but the lyrics really grab you.

Overall: 4/5

Posted Image

Edited by mustang84

The first six minutes of "Free Bird" - over and over again.

Trying to pass it on Guitar Hero on Expert, its the only song left and it's going to kill me.

The intro lulls you into submission and then the insane solo comes and shoves the stars and bars up... there.

Correction... Done! The whole thing! WOOT!

listening: Radiohead - Lucky.

Unlike most Radiohead fans, I've always liked OK Computer better than The Bends.

Can't believe OK Computer is over 10 years old now.

Anybody else pick up the new Smashing Pumpkins?

It's pretty good.

My only major complaint is that they compressed the sound WAY too much. It's a trend in recording now to make the music as loud as possible, which compresses the peaks and sounds bad when you turn it up. I love turning up loud music in my Cobalt because of the sound system, but that album I keep fairly low.

Billy Talent*, on the other hand, is recorded very well with minimal compression so it sounds GREAT when you turn it up.

* cue teh bitching...

I bought Winger IV...after about four listens I'm really beginning to like it. The first time I listened to it I was regretting the purchase and thinking I should've just waited to buy a used copy, but after each one I began to like it more and more. The sound is a lot different (much heavier than old Winger), but the lyrics really grab you.

Overall: 4/5

Posted Image

Cool.

Now, I'm patiently waiting for Winger V. 8)

Dokken - The Hunter.