2008 VUE pricing

pow

You don't feel it at all. When you drive even the 215hp XE, its feels swift as hell, even with the weight and the AWD. Seriously, its fast.

We are still waiting........................ for something from the Michigan returned gentleman.

CR-V LX 2WD: $21,195

VUE equivalent: $21,395

CR-V LX AWD: $22,395

VUE equivalent: $24,515

CR-V EX 2WD: $23,445

VUE equivalent: $22,715

CR-V EX AWD: $24,645

VUE equivalent: $25,835

CR-V EX-L 2WD: $25,395

VUE equivalent: $24,530

CR-V EX-L AWD: $26,595

VUE equivalent: $27,650

CR-V EX-L 2WD + NAV: $27,395

VUE equivalent: $26,705

CR-V EX-L AWD + NAV: $28,595

VUE equivalent: $29,825

2WD CR-Vs are generally more expensive than comparable 2WD VUEs (both with 2.4L I4s), while AWD VUEs are more expensive (by $1,055 to $2,120, depending on trim) than comparable AWD CR-Vs (mandatory V6 on the VUE AWD).

CR-V 2WD: 20.4 lb/hp

VUE 2WD: 23.3 lb/hp

CR-V AWD: 21.1 lb/hp

VUE AWD: 20.1 lb/hp (V6)

Of course there are some equipment disparities, though I tried to keep them as close as possible. For example, the CR-V gets a rear view camera with the navigation system; the VUE doesn't. The VUE offers OnStar; the CR-V doesn't. LX CR-Vs get 17" steelies, while XE (the trim level I used throughout) VUEs get 16" alloys. EX CR-Vs get 17" alloys. But overall, the VUE is priced neck-and-neck with the CR-V; any differences in performance are accounted by price.

MPG-wise, the '08 VUE Green Line will probably be comparable to the regular 2.4 CR-V -- hopefully the BAS system can cancel out the extra 500+ lbs. It should be interesting to see how the GL is priced; the extra cost will probably bring it to CR-V 2WD pricing.

Edited by empowah

There has been a few on the roads here in Michigan, and they look alot better in person. I wasn't sold on it at the Detroit show..yet. It probably had something to do with the easter egg blue color. But I've seen a few other colors on it and they look quite nice. The tailights still scream generic Japanese to me though.

Isn't the VUE way smaller?

Yes, Vue is small but not too small.

Length

Vue 180.1

Edge 186.5

Width

Vue 72.8

Edge 75.8

Height

Vue 67.0

Edge 67.0

Wheelbase