Bring Me The Chevy TAVERA NEO Now!

Oracle of Delphi

Well, the steering wheel is on the wrong side....guess they were really drunk that day. I sure hope those prices are in pesos or something...... :AH-HA_wink:

Sooo Sexy!

Things may be bad in India now for GM, but I guarantee you in a few years or at least shortly into the next decade, the vehicles there will reflect what GM shanghai has done in recent years. What I mean by that is the vehicles will not only be new, but will be styled to reflect Indian tastes. As opposed to now where they just use old vehicles and platforms and slap a Chevy badge on it. India is one of several emerging economies that is really going to take off soon. Because of that, the cars will reflect that growth.

Sooo Sexy!

Things may be bad in India now for GM, but I guarantee you in a few years or at least shortly into the next decade, the vehicles there will reflect what GM shanghai has done in recent years. What I mean by that is the vehicles will not only be new, but will be styled to reflect Indian tastes. As opposed to now where they just use old vehicles and platforms and slap a Chevy badge on it. India is one of several emerging economies that is really going to take off soon. Because of that, the cars will reflect that growth.

Yes. It's all well and good to have nice designs, but it doesn't help you if nobody can afford them.

Ummm...No.

It's tough to tell how big this is, but it looks like it would make a better minivan replacement than Equinox replacement.

It's no where near that big. These are essentially pickup-based compact MPVs, commonly called AUVs (Asian Utility Vehicles), about the same size as the Zafira, Mazda5 or Kia Rondo. The old models are represented by the Isuzu Panther/Tavera, and the Mitsubishi Freeca. The longer, wider new generation are represented by the Toyota (Kijang) Innova and the Taiwanese Mitsubishi Zinger. The Tavera Neo is an Indian upgrade of the original Panther/Tavera built in Indonesia and related to the earlier Isuzu compact pickup/SUV platform. Its success in India forced Toyota to introduce the Innova to India to replace the 1st generation Kijang, not part of the original plan. Isn't competition wonderful? GM is expected to lead development of a new-generation Tavera (probably in India) based on the next generation pickup platform being developed by Isuzu under the LPEC joint venture.

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/press/2006/p_0613.html

BTW it's no coincidence the only running minicar concept was built in India.