That's IT!

ocnblu

So OK, my neighbor (20-something with a wife and kid) comes running over and slams my doorbell.

"Dude! Come look at my new car!"

Poor kid's been trying to get out of an '88 Festiva he's been driving since his ZX2 engine died, which is fine... but he got... a...Scion xB. Dark blue. I mean, at least it's not one of those "special" colors, but omg.

He told me to jump in, we took a ride around the block. I was hanging on to the "oh $h!" handle the whole time. He's happier 'n a hog in $h!. I'm kinda sad.

You know that old joke about the kid on Christmas morning, throwing the toy aside while playing with the box? :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by ocnblu

So OK, my neighbor (20-something with a wife and kid) comes running over and slams my doorbell.

"Dude! Come look at my new car!"

Poor kid's been trying to get out of an '88 Festiva he's been driving since his ZX2 engine died, which is fine... but he got... a...Scion xB. Dark blue. I mean, at least it's not one of those "special" colors, but omg.

He told me to jump in, we took a ride around the block. I was hanging on to the "oh $h!" handle the whole time. He's happier 'n a hog in $h!. I'm kinda sad.

You know that old joke about the kid on Christmas morning, throwing the toy aside while playing with the box? :AH-HA_wink:

Having ridden in one(ex gf Brittnie's step-dad owns a dealer moded out one) I feel your pain.

You should ask him that he plans on buying a car after he is done with the driver's ed booth.

Didn't we have a conversation somewhere on this forum where we discussed whether the xB was either the box Toyota sent parts to the Us in or a prefabbed bathromm?

On a similar thread, one of my coworkers came up to me today and was excited...'You have to see my new car! I'll drive to lunch'. Ok...he didn't say what it was, but ok. So four of us leave at 11:30 with him, and walk to the parking garage...and get in his shiny new... '07 Corolla. White with a gray interior, automatic. Replaced his '99 that was white with a gray interior, automatic. Very exciting. Not.

On a similar thread, one of my coworkers came up to me today and was excited...'You have to see my new car! I'll drive to lunch'. Ok...he didn't say what it was, but ok. So four of us leave at 11:30 with him, and walk to the parking garage...and get in his shiny new... '07 Corolla. White with a gray interior, automatic. Replaced his '99 that was white with a gray interior, automatic. Very exciting. Not.

First thing in the morning, I'm taking two slices of bread over and slam his doorbell. When he answers, I'll motion toward the xB with the bread and simply say "toast please". :scratchchin:

Holy crap that was funny. :lol:

Edited by Solar Max

Yeah, I'm just bustin' on the kid. I'm happy for him, actually. He was so desperate for a new vehicle... he took a day off work because he was a "finalist" in a radio contest to win a VW Touareg (sp?). He went all the way down to Philadelphia, but his "key" didn't work. The guy behind him in line won.

Better than his old car at least.

I'd be excited to own any new car after an '88 Festiva.

I've had the displeasure of riding in one.

The way a Festiva shakes when trying to go 120 km/h is rather well... condusive to $h!ting oneself.

I know a girl who used to own one. It was green, with a big pink factory vinyl 'splash' up the side. Yikes.