Went to a GTO get-together

Northstar

Some of us organized a get-together over at LS1GTO.com, and we had a pretty good number of GTOs out together today, it was a lot of fun cruising around. We then invaded the Pontiac dealership and took some pics there too, which was cool (except my camera died shortly after that). We went in to the dealership and told them that we had 7 GTOs out front all together, and asked if we could take some pictures.

Anyways, here are some pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sweet, Northie! It had to be fun, terrorizing the streets en masse like that.

I especially like the photo where you're all lined up in front of "Curves"... isn't that an all-women's fitness joint? Were you guys all pressing your noses to the glass? :AH-HA_wink:

Oh wow ... that is AWESOME, Northie :).

I always enjoy getting together with people ... whether it is at a formal cruise/show or something informal like gathering at an eating establishment to share a meal ... and conversation ... and cars, of course :).

Whereabouts did you meet up?

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Loose your blues" ... Kenny Loggins ... 'Footloose'

For some reason I think Curves is a nail salon. Those stores are rather small to be a fitness place, I think.

I thought 'Curves' was a strip club. Oops wrong country, I'm not TDY.

That's one sweet set of Goats, I still want one. Too bad I couldn't convince Tammy to be interested. Couldn't even get to to try a drive. Oh well, lost getting the GTO but got the Vette.

But, I still want a GTO!

It was in Champaign. Actually about 3 minutes from my house.

You been by the old Chanute AFB lately?

That's where I went to tech school for turboprop engines (C-130s) back in the late 80s. I had a lot of fun in that area. Sometimes too much, according to the squadron leaders. :AH-HA_wink:

Sweet, Northie! It had to be fun, terrorizing the streets en masse like that.

I especially like the photo where you're all lined up in front of "Curves"... isn't that an all-women's fitness joint? Were you guys all pressing your noses to the glass? :AH-HA_wink:

Curves is a gym. My mother belongs to one.

sigh... Let the jokes commence.

It was in Champaign. Actually about 3 minutes from my house.

Awesome :).

When my cousin was at UofI, I was in Champaign a few times ... not as many as I would've liked, but enough, I suppose. I also tend to drive through the area when I'm en route to Nashville or other southern areas. Maybe someday we'll finally meet up...he heh.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The curves around midnight aren't easy to see" ... Rosanne Cash ... 'Runaway Train'

I especially like the photo where you're all lined up in front of "Curves"... isn't that an all-women's fitness joint? Were you guys all pressing your noses to the glass?[/b] :AH-HA_wink:

At the local 'Curves' in my area, you do NOT want to press your nose against the glass. Effing old people... <_<:lol:

So Northie and crew were hanging out in front of "Curves" to chase chubbies?.And used the guise of a GTO meet to make it seem like it was O.K.

Next time throw some Quizzno's snack sandwhiches on the hoods you'll increase your odds of scoring a couple of fatties than with the shiny cars.

I dunno...I did see a "curvier" chick eat an '84 Datsun once...