me thinks i might get a saab

Xicer

so im 16 and lookin for a first car. ive seen several 03 9-3 linears in my area in my price range. my thinking is that A: good mpg B:sporty (?) C: practical and D: GM BABY!!

i was basically down to my last resort cars because every other car i like insurance is through the roof.

( me-> :pokeowned: <- insurance company)

i was just about to settle for something mundane when my eyes fall upon a freshly washed black 9-3. i do some research and its lookin all too good but i was wonderin your thoughts.

FYI "me thinks"="seems to me". In this context "think" is a different, although related, word to "think" in "I think" or "he thinks" (the connection highlights the difference between what you think and what you know). Once the spelling and pronunciation of both words became the same the "seem" version dropped out of use except in this particular phrase, however "that Pontiac thinks in need of some work" is at least semantically correct.

Saab with warranty= Good.

Saab without warranty= Get a full time job, which at 16 seems silly.

They are wonderful cars...when operational. The 9-3's are chock full of gremlins and the interiors wear poorly. We've got a bunch on the lot. Their resale value is poor and the remaining '06's have up to $8k rebates!

That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy one, just buy it 'right' i.e. cheap and in manufacturers warranty or CPO.

Why are the first 2 posts (especially the first one) being anal retentive grammar freaks? This isn't English class.

ANyway, I've always had a soft spot for the 9-3...even with the hard plastic dash. I like the looks of it. Saabs are neat cars...just beware of gremlins.

FYI "me thinks"="seems to me". In this context "think" is a different, although related, word to "think" in "I think" or "he thinks" (the connection highlights the difference between what you think and what you know). Once the spelling and pronunciation of both words became the same the "seem" version dropped out of use except in this particular phrase, however "that Pontiac thinks in need of some work" is at least semantically correct.

I can't belive you actually wasted valuable time (and my time for reading it) and effort thinking of that post. No offense, but that's kinda sad.

we have 2 saab 9-3's. 2004 and 2005.

2003 was the first year, just do a little research on the first year,and make sure the "issues" were looked after. If it has a little warranty left , great.

I think there were some noise issues with the radio/speakers and the door, all are fixable.

We've had no real issues with the ones we have(had one speaker replaced).

The current gen. 9\3 is a very eleganty car for a FWD sedan.

That's everything positive I have to say about that. :mellow:

I'm not that familiar with current Saabs, but I liked the old pre-GM 900 (turbo, convertible, etc) and 9000 back in the '80s-90s..they had a certain quirkiness and intellectual cool about them (I always associated them with lefty academicians, which was part of their demographic, I believe). I had a fair bit of seat time in my sister's 900 Turbo that she had in Boston in the '90s and it was a pretty sweet drive (though not as fun as the 300ZX Turbo she had before the Saab).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife had a 9-3 linear and we both really liked it. We drove it from Michigan to Florida twice. It was a great cruiser and very comfortable on long trips. It also got excellent gas mileage. She averaged 26 mpg in mixed driving and it regularly got 32+ mpg on highway trips. It was also very cheap to insure. I say go for it!!!

as an owner (and co owner) of 2 saabs (05 9-2x aero - mine and 05 9-3 linear - her's) i will say they are very nice cars. they are not that expensive to maintain nor to insure.

That's too funny! My wife and I had the exact same combination until her lease ran out on her 9-3 and she replaced it with an Aura.