For those who like hockey..

daves87rs

One of the teams I'm cheering to make the playoffs, the Isles-just lost one of their better players (and a fave of Mine)

What the hell was Chris Simon thinking???!!

Like him or hate him, he is one of the reasons they should make the playoffs this year.

I'm glad the other guy is ok though....though it looks like Simon might not be coming back....ever. :(

Why? :censored:

Edited by daves87rs

I heard about it, but haven't seen footage. Just seemed like a bad retaliation that just happened without him realizing it or wanting it to happen. Just a complete instinctive move the way it sounds.

Too bad though, at least the other guy's alright.

Obviously, I'm pulling for the Isles, but this pisses me off because this is the last thing they need. Ted Nolan pulled a minor miracle in instilling a culture of discipline and hard work on this team, and then this happens. I haven't seen the footage yet, but from the description it does not sound like a premeditated thing, a la the Todd Bertuzzi sucker punch from a couple of years back. He definitely deserves to be punished, but a ban from the game is too harsh

Obviously, I'm pulling for the Isles, but this pisses me off because this is the last thing they need. Ted Nolan pulled a minor miracle in instilling a culture of discipline and hard work on this team, and then this happens. I haven't seen the footage yet, but from the description it does not sound like a premeditated thing, a la the Todd Bertuzzi sucker punch from a couple of years back. He definitely deserves to be punished, but a ban from the game is too harsh

The Bertuzzi deal is done and over. Even Chelios dropped it! :P