(QY3) 18" machined aluminum flangeless wheels on LTZ

(QR2) 18" chrome aluminum wheels on SS

E85 FlexFuel capability on the 3.9L engine

(JL4) StabiliTrak stability control system on 2LT, LTZ and SS

Changes

1WT19 2LT equipment group deleted; 1WC19 3LT equipment group is renamed 2LT

(U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on all models

6-way power driver seat on LS and LT

(PCK) Luxury Edition Package now includes (AR9) front bucket seats with leather-appointed seating, (AM9) flip-and-fold-flat rear seat, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (DCP) OnStar Directions and Connections service package, (D81) rear spoiler and (JL9) 4-wheel antilock disc brakes with Traction Control

(B86) Body-color bodyside moldings are now an orderable option

(FE3) Performance suspension is now standard on LTZ

I love those new G5 wheels. What is the base engine in these. Is it still the 3.5L or is the 3.9 the base engine now? If not, then what model has the 3.9L Flex Fuel. My grandparents would like FlexFuel but they want a lower end Impala like the LS or LT.

if it's like the 07 the 3lt and ltz will have the 3.9L

Ok thanks. I am guessing the 3.5L wont be Flexfuel? Also Northstar, Laser Blue was a very popular colour up here too. I see it everywhere.

The 3.5L is Flex-Fuel capable as well...my grandparents got an '07 LS, you can't miss the FFV badge on the trunk.

Deletions

(21U) Laser Blue Metallic

(49U) Bordeaux Red exterior color

(53U) Amber Bronze Metallic exterior color

(PFH) 17" machined aluminum wheels

(NW1) 18" polished aluminum wheels

New Features

(51U) Gold Mist Metallic exterior color

(76U) Mocha Bronze Metallic exterior color

(87U) Slate Metallic exterior color

(QR5) 17" high-vent steel wheels with chrome wheel covers on 2LT

(QY3) 18" machined aluminum flangeless wheels on LTZ

(QR2) 18" chrome aluminum wheels on SS

E85 FlexFuel capability on the 3.9L engine

(JL4) StabiliTrak stability control system on 2LT, LTZ and SS

Changes

1WT19 2LT equipment group deleted; 1WC19 3LT equipment group is renamed 2LT

(U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on all models

6-way power driver seat on LS and LT

(PCK) Luxury Edition Package now includes (AR9) front bucket seats with leather-appointed seating, (AM9) flip-and-fold-flat rear seat, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (DCP) OnStar Directions and Connections service package, (D81) rear spoiler and (JL9) 4-wheel antilock disc brakes with Traction Control

(B86) Body-color bodyside moldings are now an orderable option

(FE3) Performance suspension is now standard on LTZ

Shame about the Laser Blue Metallic Bordeaux Red exterior colors. Why delete the best looking wheels? Why make XM Satellite standard and then go and delete the 8 -way power driver's seat on LS and LT models? Making stabilitrak std was an obvious move as we constantly need big brother looking over our shoulders. And it sounds like GM is making the same stupid ass dumb dumb move of deleting bodyside moldings like the Asian manufacturers are doing which makes the cars look very plain and takes away side protection! At least it will still be an option, unlike the genric looking 08 Malibu. The performance suspension on the LTZ looks to be the only sensible thing to have happened to the 08 Impala!

Why does Chevy keep replacing aluminum wheels with these plastic-steel wheels? Its so dumb!! Most Impala's I see are Silverstone, though some are Laser Blue, some the Dark Silver, I'm surprised the Light Amethyst (14U) Metallic didn't get added-I was expecting the Gold Mist to come since it hasn't had Sandstone (15U) in a while.

Yeah I liked Laser Blue too! I just like blue colored cars in general. My Grand Prix GT is Blue-Green Crystal Met. 8)

Agreed. They are dip$h!s. A metallic light steel blue is also a great car color, having had several. It may not work for the GP, but it belongs on the Impala and the Buick stable (LaX, Lucerne, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad they firmed up the LTZ suspension. The rental I had in Vegas awhile back was pretty sloppy......although it didn't float that much, if you took it anywhere aggressively through a turn, it hit the bump stops and exhibited major understeer....

you're too used to the CTS ;-)

The laser blue never sold around here - we still have a couple 2006 LTZs in that color sitting on the lot. I am always very careful in assessing a customer's needs before we jump into an LTZ or LT. The Impala buyer is not the same as a BMW-wannabee buyer. They want a nice, soft ride and comfort. There is quite a difference in the ride (and of course the handling, too) between the LTZ and LT. Ontario's roads are becoming a horror, especially this time of year when the frost starts coming out of the ground. The LTZ is noticeably stiffer on the frost heaves!

We've just gone through the worst February in 10 years and the roads are showing it. I am concerned about the sudden addiction to 17" wheels. Except to the well-heeled customer (who wouldn't buy an Impala anyway, I suspect), the extra cost is not worth it. I am talking about replacement time. But it seems that 17 is becoming the new 15.

People on this board seem to be pretty well divided into the under 20 camp who are stitching together their first rust buckets and hoping they start, and those who have BMWs and old GM's from "back in the day." The average consumer falls somewhere in the middle of this and they don't necessarily want all the gadgetry and expense of power this and power that. I still get people whining that they can't get a cassette player in the Malibu or Impala any more!

I just wish GM would skip the four models of the Impala and boil it down to LT, LTZ and SS. Too much over lapping of the LS/LT and it creates confusion on the lot.

you're too used to the CTS ;-)

Awwww.......12,000 miles into it and I LOVE my CTS.....!

(However, the body around my sunroof flexes and creaks really bad when you "twist" the suspension, say when pulling from a level road onto a raised driveway, etc.)

Other than that, it has a great ride-and-handling compromise.

Only thing is....EVERYONE tries to "race" me.....they must think it's a v-Series.

• 2 weeks later...