The Lucky Spotter's Thread

ocnblu

Man, I haven't seen 4 leaves like this since... the 1987 Chevy K10 pickup! :AH-HA_wink:

So, let us know what you're seeing out there.

I saw my first Tadpole on the road (bleh, some dummy), and we got an '08 Mariner, silver. Not a bad package, but silver just dint grab me.

A guy's been coming to work a lot recently to buy stuff for his '67 Plymouth GTX and we've been talking about how close he's getting to being done with its restoration. Well, today he finally pulled up with it and let me look it over; what a sweet car it is! Blue with black stripes, a black vinyl top and black leather interior. It has a 440 with a Hurst 4-speed and a ton of other goodies. Wish I was able to get a picture.....

Couldn't get a picture, but I did see a 2007 Camry with a canvas roof. Hillarious.

Also, saw my first new Tundra. It was red and looked like a slightly larger Tacoma. Whoop-de-doo.

A new X-Trail today.

I saw one white one with beige roof while driving on I-4 from Tampa. That thing looked eh- hideous.

I haven't seen the Turd yet.

Saw a S600, and ML63 AMG.

A Lambo Gallardo. That V-10 sounds awesome.

I saw one white one with beige roof while driving on I-4 from Tampa. That thing looked eh- hideous.

I really, really think you may have the one I have. I don't think there are that many around...yet.

You from the Tampa Bay area too?

No I am from Orlando, but was out with my GF to Clearwater beach on the weekend. I mean my GF who does not like cars just rolled her eyes after she saw it.

It was like watching Rosie in a G-string.

Saw a yellow 1974-1975ish Mercury Marquis sedan and an Acura NSX. It hurt much more to see the mighty Mercury being exposed to the salt and $h! than that stupid ass Honda.

2 red Sebrings

a couple CRVs

a black `97 Silverado

a black C6 Corvette

a black, a red, and a gray Altima

a silver, a white, and a black Compass

a white Porsche Boxter (with the top down!) :stupid:

a silver Toyota MR2 Spyder

a white Dodge Ram MegaCab with aftermarket wheels...my friend knows it as the "Paul Bunyan truck" and commented how it's like 3 times the size of his Corolla.

a dark red Wrangler Unlimited hardtop...man I want one of those.

Edited by Dodgefan

Silver VW Eos--first one I've seen in person, and I loved it. After that I swung by the VW dealership to see if I could get a closer look at one (they didn't have any in stock) and I saw a bright orange GTI with a sticker price of $28k. Later on I saw a red Eos at a high-end used car place.

The Canucks are coming! The Canucks are coming!

Nissan X-Trail

Posted Image

SWB Montana SV6

Posted Image

Allure CXL - the guy driving this one looked like Norm Macdonald

Posted Image

Mary Kay DTS - I know its 'pink,' but the pearlescent hue is very lovely

Posted Image

Have you realigned a Ford...Lately?

Posted Image

Posted Image

This morning, just before getting to work, I saw a car pass. I just got a glance of it, but the front end was covered in a white vinyl. I could’ve sworn it was a new Malibu (although it didn’t have any badges on the front). The headlights, grille, and everything looked like the Malibu’s. However, I looked in my rear view, and it was an Aura body and rear end. Weird..?

My eyes are still virgin when it comes to seeing the Turd in person.

I know someday they will be brutally raped by it and it is not going to be a pretty sight.

Edited by smallchevy

A silver/dark grey roof 1st-gen Monte Carlo SS454. It sounded rather bad while idling in the Lowe's parking lot, but amazing taking off onto US-1.

Also saw my first Tundra the other day, a silver double cab with the 5.7L unit. It looked extremely ugly next to the new dark blue Silverado LTZ ext. cab 6.0L to its left, the new black Sierra Denali to its right, and my truck behind it.

I saw a really clean yellow Mustang coupe in my sister's neighborhood in Phoenix when I was out walking the dogs Sunday..it was a 6cyl (4 lug wheels) and was missing the grille trim and had no backup lights, which makes me think it was an early '65 (aka '64 1/2 in some circles)...

Saw a very clean '71 Caprice coupe, white w/ black vinyl top...not a lowrider either, but granny style with whitewalls and stock hubcaps.

I've seen 3 Bentley Continental GTs since the weekend also...a black one in Phoenix, a silver and a blue one near my office yesterday... saw a silver Bentley Flying Spur sedan in Phoenix also...

I saw a new silver Amanti on Sunday and forgot all about it until I saw the thread in the Other Guys section about car depreciation. The rear is...unflattering, to say the least.

Also saw another Sierra, an SLE crew cab in stealth grey. Looked good.

4 Auras; 2 sliver, 1 red, one gray

4 Sebring; 2 red, one white, 1 dark blue (i have yet to see a base model Sebring..all of them are touring or limited and none are rentals..how odd)

2 Avalanches; 1 gray, 1 white

My first 3 Tundras; 2 black 1 silver...all extended cab or whatever they call it and 4x4. In that form they look ok, but not in any other configuration.

a gray Silverado extended cab

a previous gen Tundra decked out like the racing trucks...spoiler included...gaudy

A lot of Compasses

Even more Calibers

Edited by Dodgefan

A f'ing gorgeous black ('62?) Studebaker GT Hawk (Walt- you know this one)

Corvair 95 panel van- white with a red insert: US Route 1

'69-70 Nova coupe with Front Runners/slicks and a parachute (NHRA requirement for over 150MPH in the quarter)- on the street & haulin ass.

'29 Ford Model AA 1-Ton truck project

Spring is in the air; time to blow the cobwebs out of the vintage iron.

Picked up 2 extra 20" Budds for my '40 COE, hope like hell to get it on the road this summer- should be fun to pull up reee-eal close to brand new 7-series' and S-classes at the light... in the mirror: nutin' but grille. BEATINU