The Swiss accidentally invade Liechtenstein

Chris_Doane

Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army.

:scratchchin:

So... What stops them from being forcibly taken over, exactly?

Or should I say, who do they rely upon for military might?

Edited by aaaantoine

I have been distrustful of the Swiss for years.

How can some little nation in the middle of Europe somehow remain neutral for, like, centuries. The Swiss are plotting evil things for all of us. We all think of the Swiss having such a friendly disposition, and being totally impartial. That's the perfect illusion.

One minute, a Swiss guy is giving you a big piece of nougat, the next, he is eating your spleen after disemboweling you. Forget the Iranians, North Koreans or al-Qaeda... the real threat to our way of lives is the Swiss.

I'm not joking either. :unsure:

I have been distrustful of the Swiss for years.

How can some little nation in the middle of Europe somehow remain neutral for, like, centuries. The Swiss are plotting evil things for all of us. We all think of the Swiss having such a friendly disposition, and being totally impartial. That's the perfect illusion.

One minute, a Swiss guy is giving you a big piece of nougat, the next, he is eating your spleen after disemboweling you. Forget the Iranians, North Koreans or al-Qaeda... the real threat to our way of lives is the Swiss.

I'm not joking either. :unsure:

While we were fighting all the big wars the Swiss are busy hording all the good chocolate, watchs and pocket knives my guess is they have a complex MacGyver plan in the works.

Funny thing about the Swiss they require all men over 18 to join the army for 2 years and all men over 20 to keep an AUTOMATIC WEAPON in there homes in case a war breaks out.

I read this yesterday on www.digg.com you can find the wierdist storys there.

I've been there before... It's a nice little country... but don't blink, you'll miss it.

Here are a few of my pics from back in 2003:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course, we had to stop by the local Opel dealership and check this out:

Posted Image

Oh, and to answer your question aaaantoine:

http://ec.europa.eu/comm/external_relation...intro/index.htm

With respect to the free movement of goods, Liechtenstein enjoys parallel marketability in relation to the Community and Switzerland, as a consequence of the 1972 EU-Switzerland Free Trade Agreement, which is extended to Liechtenstein. Among the areas where Liechtenstein relies on Switzerland are currency, defence and certain regulatory functions, e.g. in the area of civil aviation.

I met a guy, during a summer trip through Europe, who spent 3 weeks of his 5 week trip in Liechtenstein!

This guy also called Munich, Munchen (pronounced like it's spelled, not like the Germans do).