Now THIS is cool!!!

FUTURE_OF_GM

No way, antique fire engines are an awesome choice, and Studebaker used to make some of the sharpest trucks going! I've always wanted an antique fire engine to restore, if nothing else but so I could tell people I owned a classic convertible and then pull up in something like this 1923 American LaFrance:

Posted Image

Blood red with intricate gold leaf, mahogany hose beds and brass pump valves, nickel-plated this and copper-plated that is a look that can never and will never be topped by anything; antique fire engines are the coolest!

I almost forgot...

I snaped these at Auto Fair at Lowes Motor Speedway last fall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought I had a better picture of the newer truck, but I guess not. (I'll look to make sure though, as both were beautifully restored) A closer look revealed that it still had the chain drive rear end under it. Pretty cool! I'm not sure if they were owned by a private collector or Charlotte FD.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

1931 Studebaker Fire Truck. (1 of 4 produced)

I seem to gravitate toward odd things like this. Of course, my family has been in the fire fighting business for years now.

Maybe someday I can either afford this, an old school bus or a Futurliner.

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

If it were just a firetruck I probably wouldn't care so much, but its a Studebaker firetruck, which makes worlds of difference to me.

Edited by AxelTheRed