Toyota Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition

Variance

Toyota Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition

February 20, 2007 - Torrance, CA - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today announced manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2007 Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition. The limited edition Camry Hybrid celebrates Toyota's 50 years of business in the United States.

This specially badged Camry Hybrid comes with features exclusive only to the 50th Anniversary Edition. Its stunning Blizzard Pearl paint, unique 16-inch alloy wheels with a graphite finish, and exterior "50th Anniversary Edition" badging are just some of the 50th Anniversary exclusives not available on any other Camry. A power moonroof and heated power outside mirrors are also standard.

Inside, the Camry Hybrid is equipped with a voice-activated DVD navigation system with a four-disc changer, leather-trimmed bisque-colored interior, heated front seats, and a carpeted cargo mat. Unique interior features include brushed stainless dash appliqué, illuminated front door sills, and carpeted floor mats with the "50th Anniversary Edition" logo.

Only 3,000 units will be built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing in Kentucky. The 50th Anniversary Edition will carry a base manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $31,680 and will start arriving at Toyota dealerships in March.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[source: Toyota Motor Sales]

I don't want to talk about Toyota being in America for 50 years...so I'll mention that in the Flint Journal yesterday there was a story about the Sloan Museum restoring a 1953 Buick Skylark...which was built to commemorate Buick's 50th anniversary.

The Camry looks fat.

Edited by AxelTheRed

Better scoop these up while you can, fellas. 50 years from now we'll be seeing someone at a Barrett-Jackson auction pay millions for one :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with them acknowledging 50 years of business in North America. What's weird is that they chose to make the Hybrid the recipient of this edition.

Why didn't they just offer it as an option on all Camry's? That IS the car that helped get them to where they are today in North America.

toyoda brought (I believe) 6 units to America in '57. They were put right back on the boat and toyoda was shamed from reappearing for 2 more years. Therefore, celebrating "50 years of business in America" will have to wait until 2009.

Not that toyota has made a policy of bothering with the Whole Truth...

This is the vehicle that the grey-haired set were swarming over at the Toronto Auto Show. Sadly, white paint and all, this car will sell well. Then again, the Smart Car has sold a few thousand in the Toronto area..............................

$31K for a Camry Hybrid? :huh: They should be buy one get one free!

haha..niice

As for the car, it's a little weird to me that they call it the Toy Camry HYBRID 50th Ed

It almost as if they are trying to make it sounds like they have been making hybrids for 50 years...

I don't mean to overanalyze it, but it IS a little weird.

Thats the whole point. You got thier little mind game. :thumbsup:

It should be called a Toyopet like the first POS they imported here.

Ahh, but the Camry was never a Toyopet. It was originally sold through the Corolla channel. The Avalon succeeds a Toyopet, being the fat American cousin to the Mark X, both descendents of the Toyopet Corona's sportier offspring, the Corona Mark II. The other Toyopets sold in the US are the RX350, and the Yaris (sedan shareed with Corolla, hatch shared with Netz).

Ahh, but the Camry was never a Toyopet. It was originally sold through the Corolla channel. The Avalon succeeds a Toyopet, being the fat American cousin to the Mark X, both descendents of the Toyopet Corona's sportier offspring, the Corona Mark II. The other Toyopets sold in the US are the RX350, and the Yaris (sedan shareed with Corolla, hatch shared with Netz).

You're not a person. You're some kind of forum bot attached to an automotive information database.

:scratchchin:

"wow, I am impressed that toyota has been selling hybrid camry's in the US for 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

again, another attempt at a PR snowjob on the American dimwits. truth be told half our country is a bunch of dumbasses when it comes to buying PR spin so i guess this will work.

how effing dumb do those toyo pricks make us out to be?

GM has had airbags on their cars for like 100 years now. they are made of rubber and there was one at each corner of the car attached to the wheels.

Edited by regfootball

Better scoop these up while you can, fellas. 50 years from now we'll be seeing someone at a Barrett-Jackson auction pay millions for one :rolleyes:

Only if they legalize a LOT of drugs, :lol:

Oh wow, a special edition blandmobile, which is made special by being extra bland. I mean come on, white?