I was going to mention this sooner or later!!!!!

I got a car last week on Monday the 7th. It was a clean, blue 1993 Beretta GT auto with the 3.1 V6. It had one spot of rust that was only on the surface and it only had 165,000kms on it. I got it for $1200 as is. Now I would've posted pictures if my camera wasn't on the fritz. One problem now, on the way to get the car emission tested, my dad was driving up the street in our neighbourhood when our neighbour's 4Runner veered into his lane. The 4Runner (1998) hit my car while on the way to Canadian Tire. My dad tried to turn out of the way but it had snowed the night before and the rear of the Beretta just slid out and the 4Runner hit the driver side door and the rear quarter panel. She was doing about 65 km/h and it bent the frame. The driver-side door and rear 1/4 are pushed in pretty good and the rear wheel was bent in because the suspension broke. We need wider roads in our neighbourhood and the plow needs to come more often. I am so mad because the car was totalled and now it is sitting in the towing yard all covered up. Luckily my dad was OK but his back and shoulder are hurting him quite a bit. I found out what happened when the hospital called and I saw the car at the accident when we were going to the hospital. My week has been ruined. Our neighbour being a good friend and all put in the report that she caused the accident so we are getting the insurance money to cover most of the car. So now after finding the car I wanted, I am going to have to find another one. So far, I am looking at a 93 Shadow and a 1991 Dodge Colt 500E hatchback. I should've gotten a picture of this one before but my camera wouldn't do it. I fixed it before Detroit but my card couldn't hold many more pictures and I just never thought of getting a picture right away. It was such a nice car. So my first car was totalled within a week and I only got to drive it twice. BTW, what is it with Toyotas hitting GMs. Flybrian, now I know how you feel lol.

I was never planning to buy a Toyota and now I definitely am not. I'll stick with American, or Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Mazda. Notice one thing. Those three foreign car companies are have a share in them owned by an American car company. Mazdas are nice but not the older ones before 99 and the Millenia I do not like. All newer Hyundais I would except because they have earned a status with having good vehicles.

I got a car last week on Monday the 7th. It was a clean, blue 1993 Beretta GT auto with the 3.1 V6. It had one spot of rust that was only on the surface and it only had 165,000kms on it. I got it for $1200 as is. Now I would've posted pictures if my camera wasn't on the fritz. One problem now, on the way to get the car emission tested, my dad was driving up the street in our neighbourhood when our neighbour's 4Runner veered into his lane. The 4Runner (1998) hit my car while on the way to Canadian Tire. My dad tried to turn out of the way but it had snowed the night before and the rear of the Beretta just slid out and the 4Runner hit the driver side door and the rear quarter panel. She was doing about 65 km/h and it bent the frame. The driver-side door and rear 1/4 are pushed in pretty good and the rear wheel was bent in because the suspension broke. We need wider roads in our neighbourhood and the plow needs to come more often. I am so mad because the car was totalled and now it is sitting in the towing yard all covered up. Luckily my dad was OK but his back and shoulder are hurting him quite a bit. I found out what happened when the hospital called and I saw the car at the accident when we were going to the hospital. My week has been ruined. Our neighbour being a good friend and all put in the report that she caused the accident so we are getting the insurance money to cover most of the car. So now after finding the car I wanted, I am going to have to find another one. So far, I am looking at a 93 Shadow and a 1991 Dodge Colt 500E hatchback. I should've gotten a picture of this one before but my camera wouldn't do it. I fixed it before Detroit but my card couldn't hold many more pictures and I just never thought of getting a picture right away. It was such a nice car. So my first car was totalled within a week and I only got to drive it twice. BTW, what is it with Toyotas hitting GMs. Flybrian, now I know how you feel lol.

Sucks...sorry. on the bright side your dad will be OK, you weren't at fault, and odds are you won't have an accident for a while now.

My dad also got hit by a driver who crossed over the line! wierd

Dodgefan, the Shadow has the 2.2L and is a 1993 4 door auto. My teacher heard about my incident and she may sell me her 1998 Sunfire 2door 2.2L for $2grand. She bought a 2006 Saturn Vue and the dealer would only give her $300 for it. To sell it, she put it in our shop and she had new brakes all around and more done to it. I know because I installed the brakes and I found out after it was hers and it was for sale. It has no rust at all. Tire pressure is full. I filled them. Yep. Lol. Oh well, maybe things do happen for a reason.

Dodgefan, the Shadow has the 2.2L and is a 1993 4 door auto. My teacher heard about my incident and she may sell me her 1998 Sunfire 2door 2.2L for $2grand. She bought a 2006 Saturn Vue and the dealer would only give her $300 for it. To sell it, she put it in our shop and she had new brakes all around and more done to it. I know because I installed the brakes and I found out after it was hers and it was for sale. It has no rust at all. Tire pressure is full. I filled them. Yep. Lol. Oh well, maybe things do happen for a reason.

2 Grand is way too much for a Sunfire, even if it's in good shape. The 2.2L Shadows aren't bad..they're not pocket rockets (unless they've got teh Turbo), but they're pretty reliable. My Dad has an `87 Shadow 2.2L Turbo. Unlike our `89 Shadow's 2.5L...it has no leaks, and the engine itself has been pretty trouble free (it's gone through 2 exhaust systems though, due to rust). How much are they asking for the Shadow and how many miles has it got on it? Make sure to test drive it...some Shadows have a habit of shuddering when going in reverse...I dunno why.

Edited by Dodgefan