Need some help, please!

ToniCipriani

I'm starting my grad engineering design project this term, and I'm meeting up with my group to finalize the topic, and submit to a consultant for approval. But right now, we need ideas. We're focusing out topic on in-car entertainment

Any ideas? Say, what would be great to have in the car audio/video system?

Thanks for any input in advance!

Well, this is a thing I'd actually like to see. As far as the audio system, have the vehicle readily able to expand the existing audio system (instead of cutting and splicing wires, have a couple of extra, unused speaker circuits that you could just tap into without having to gouge into your existing wiring. Or have the car be readily able to accept aftermarket amplifiers. Anyway, just some ideas since I don't see that happening in the current factory audio setups.

basically all audio and video now is digital. your best bet is to design an architecture that is basically a computer, and can process all audio and video formats. I would then have add on drives for optical media etc. you also need inputs, analog and digital. USB, flash, Ipods, hard drives.

your display should be touch screen and show movies and tv as well

you want to be capable of harnessing

cd's

dvd's

dvd-audio

sacd

HD-DVD and Bluray

video game systems

Sat tv

air tv

sat radio

wireless internet

phone

email

itunes

rhapsody

bluetooth for interacting with near proximity gadgets

wireless network transfer of digital sata to sync home and car hard drives

nav

on star

for starters

Edited by regfootball

this would be overboard but try to have a surround system for each front seat and the side rear seats...

i've never been in an SQ car, but trying to make a great buget car, say less than 1 grand....

in my 99 monte i have 5 1/4 polk db's in the front and 6 1/2s in the rear, all stock locations + 2 adapter plates and a deh-p7600mp (using 50hz highpass it has) it's missing some bass but i think it sounds quite good other than a rattle in the drivers side rear shelf at certain times. really like listening to music before all the dynamic range was killed aka about 2001, i ccan crank it up to some pink floyd, days of the new and blue man group. just ideas

you could always try to make something like a speaker or sub.....and then test it in the real world....?