Gas prices?

capriceman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is tree hugging hippies shut down refinery's. And they control the price at the pump more than the oil drillers.

That's pretty much it.

We don't want refineries.

We don't want atomic power.

We don't want waste-to-energy incinerators.

How exactly do you people think the espresso machine gets power, good vibes?

I'm just throwing this out....

I'm thinking 3.50 this summer

Last summer for the oil companies to really cash in....

Before what? What do you think is on the horizon that will stop that sort of thing?

Everything I've heard here lets me know everyone in the US is glad they don't live in L.A. There's all kinds of raging 2.83s and 2.90s in this town. Only down in the South Bay was I seeing more palatable numbers of 2.74.

We'll be back in three-buck hell by the ides of March.

Gulf in Westford Mass yesterday, payed $2.42 and that's for regular.

Back in the days of $1.39 - $1.59 for Sunoco 94 I would not even

buy regular for my daily driver S10 Blazer. My Camaro got

Sunoco 94 every songle fillup except for emergencies, like when

I drove to the beach and there was no Sunoco around so we got

Gulf 93 instead.

Before what? What do you think is on the horizon that will stop that sort of thing?

Everything I've heard here lets me know everyone in the US is glad they don't live in L.A. There's all kinds of raging 2.83s and 2.90s in this town. Only down in the South Bay was I seeing more palatable numbers of 2.74.

We'll be back in three-buck hell by the ides of March.

Before we hunt for a new president, of course. :scratchchin: :AH-HA_wink:

With next year being an election year- I don't think they want to have gas prices as a major issue.

Then again.... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

3.599 * 23 gallons = a $85 fill up gahhh...

this is outrageous. i wish gas was 1.90 like in the start of this.

A+ post uppage.

What a difference a year makes.

Most of SoCal's about $3.90 on average right now, but the Westside is deep in four buck hell. I saw regular going for $4.30 the other day over there.

This passed Saturday ( the last time I put gas in my car) 87 octane was $3.89, with 93 octane ON SALE at $4.05 a gallon.....I'll be filling up tomorrow and I'll update the figures, as they have been going up by 10 cents every couple days. No doubt it's hit $4.00 for 87 by now... <_<

This passed Saturday ( the last time I put gas in my car) 87 octane was $3.89, with 93 octane ON SALE at $4.05 a gallon.....I'll be filling up tomorrow and I'll update the figures, as they have been going up by 10 cents every couple days. No doubt it's hit $4.00 for 87 by now... <_<

You guys should try liters! A 5 cent increase on the sign is more than 20 cents a gallon! We experience those kind of spikes all the time. $1.18 a liter today, down about 3 cents since the weekend. That's $4.72 a gallon, to you guys. ($5.36 in the larger Imperial gallon.) It looks like some of the locales south of the border are catching up to us!

Welcome to the soon to be world of the Smart Car and Aveo! :smilewide:

$3.69 here in Michigan for 87. It cost me $62 to fill up the tank in my truck which has a 19gal tank. Thank god I don't drive a fullsize truck, my cost alone was enough of a beating for one day!!

85 octane is a high altitude thing..that's regular in Colorado (I think Wyoming and Utah has it also).

How does the high altitude allow for lower octane?

What's the octane number of premium there?

This year's fill-ups for me... price per gal, premium unleaded:

1/14 - $3.39

1/26 - $3.25

2/7 - $3.25

2/16 - $3.33

3/2 - $3.55

3/15 - $3.79

3/30 - $3.79

4/12 - $3.99

4/27 - $4.09

Next time I need gas it'll probably be at $4.29.

About a year ago (5/7/07), I filled up at $3.69/gal.

I can't imagine paying $12-$15 a day in gas money. There are so many things I'd rather blow cash on. A hybrid is suddenly looking like an option within 3 years time :-(. Filled up today at ~$4.70 a gallon.

Edited by frogger

Welcome to the soon to be world of the Smart Car and Aveo! :smilewide:

:rolleyes:

If you replace "Smart Car" with "Ford Fiesta" and "Aveo" with "Chevrolet Chevette," you will hear that same bunk mantra that was being spread about in the late '70s and the early '80s.

I have said this once in light of this statement: as it was before, technology will rise up and yet again build a better, more efficient, more powerful car. The days of cars like the Bugatti Veyron and Corvette ZR-1 may see a brief hiatus as a result of the new CAFE regulations, but they will be back, and probably better than we can imagine right now, in this moment.

I do not understand why what you have just said bears repeating over and over. And I do not understand why you do not understand the plan and simple truth I have just spoke of.

I do not fear the future you speak of, because it is actually impossible. The new CAFE regulations may have caused a new damage, but it is not irreversible by any means.

It is much the same with global warming and it's predecessor of the same era, that the world would be in another ice age by the late '80s/early '90s. Again, it was nothing but a badly told fairy tale that shook environmental, political, and scientific values.

It is the same here. That worn-out line that goes, "You will be driving a cramped car that you do not want to live with on a daily basis, mark my words, like it or not," is another badly told pile of BS that ignorant pseudo-environuts will buy into and that will ruffle the feathers of anyone that has a passion for the automobile.

At least, as a result of the global warming scare (and crude oil woes), we have finally begun to make the push to pioneering renewable fuel sources and making them available for purchase, as well as making better performing and more efficient cars.

This "smaller by force" future has no benefit for anyone. It only promotes ignorant facts and limits choice.

Yes, a new day might be indeed dawning upon the automobile industry and for the automobile enthusiast, but it is not going to be the way you believe it will be.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I can't imagine paying $12-$15 a day in gas money. There are so many things I'd rather blow cash on. A hybrid is suddenly looking like an option within 3 years time :-(. Filled up today at ~$4.70 a gallon.

I'm spending $50-60 a week or so now, which isn't bad at all...I figure it's about 2 gallons a day to get to work and back (about 19 miles to work, 19 mpg). Now if I could a reasonably sized and well-equipped car (i.e. something like a CTS diesel) that gets 40 mpg or better, then I'd consider something smaller than my Jeep for my next daily driver...

Edited by moltar

:rolleyes:

If you replace "Smart Car" with "Ford Fiesta" and "Aveo" with "Chevrolet Chevette," you will hear that same bunk mantra that was being spread about in the late '70s and the early '80s.

I have said this once in light of this statement: as it was before, technology will rise up and yet again build a better, more efficient, more powerful car. The days of cars like the Bugatti Veyron and Corvette ZR-1 may see a brief hiatus as a result of the new CAFE regulations, but they will be back, and probably better than we can imagine right now, in this moment.

I do not understand why what you have just said bears repeating over and over. And I do not understand why you do not understand the plan and simple truth I have just spoke of.

I do not fear the future you speak of, because it is actually impossible. The new CAFE regulations may have caused a new damage, but it is not irreversible by any means.

It is much the same with global warming and it's predecessor of the same era, that the world would be in another ice age by the late '80s/early '90s. Again, it was nothing but a badly told fairy tale that shook environmental, political, and scientific values.

It is the same here. That worn-out line that goes, "You will be driving a cramped car that you do not want to live with on a daily basis, mark my words, like it or not," is another badly told pile of BS that ignorant pseudo-environuts will buy into and that will ruffle the feathers of anyone that has a passion for the automobile.

At least, as a result of the global warming scare (and crude oil woes), we have finally begun to make the push to pioneering renewable fuel sources and making them available for purchase, as well as making better performing and more efficient cars.

This "smaller by force" future has no benefit for anyone. It only promotes ignorant facts and limits choice.

Yes, a new day might be indeed dawning upon the automobile industry and for the automobile enthusiast, but it is not going to be the way you believe it will be.

Yes, but I think it could be diiferent in a global market....

Yes, but I think it could be diiferent in a global market....

I am not so sure about that.

Because of America (and maybe even China) the "executive saloons" will live on. They are the mainstream standard here in the U.S. Because of that, I think that those cars will be engineered to survive, adapt, evolve, and grow stronger. So, as a result, they will still be available here and abroad, because they will be engineered to survive the changes brought about due to CAFE and other global regulations.

Yes, there are differences in each individual market. What is a top selling car (I will exclude trucks here) in Germany is just another good selling car in the United States. And vice versa.

I think that the differences in each individual market will ensure that what sells well over here will be available over there, because, like I said, they will be engineered to adapt to these new regulations. And, once again, vice versa.

The mid-sized and large sedan and coupe (even wagon) is a particular form of car that America holds dear to its heart. And it will not give those cars up so easily without trying to honestly save them first, in my opinion.

Perhaps I misunderstood you there, but I felt like this is something that bared clarification.

I am not so sure about that.

Because of America (and maybe even China) the "executive saloons" will live on. They are the mainstream standard here in the U.S. Because of that, I think that those cars will be engineered to survive, adapt, evolve, and grow stronger. So, as a result, they will still be available here and abroad, because they will be engineered to survive the changes brought about due to CAFE and other global regulations.

Yes, there are differences in each individual market. What is a top selling car (I will exclude trucks here) in Germany is just another good selling car in the United States. And vice versa.

I think that the differences in each individual market will ensure that what sells well over here will be available over there, because, like I said, they will be engineered to adapt to these new regulations. And, once again, vice versa.

The mid-sized and large sedan and coupe (even wagon) is a particular form of car that America holds dear to its heart. And it will not give those cars up so easily without trying to honestly save them first, in my opinion.

Perhaps I misunderstood you there, but I felt like this is something that bared clarification.

THe difference in this country is most people are sheep.

Back in the 70s, 80s, maybe even part of the 90s, people weren't afraid to do their own thing.

Now everyone wants to be like the "Joneses"...

They buy their car like they buy their toasters....

Back then, one may have thought a little harder about their decision before, because you kept in for a while...

Make a mistake? Trade it on in.....

THe difference in this country is most people are sheep.

Back in the 70s, 80s, maybe even part of the 90s, people weren't afraid to do their own thing.

Now everyone wants to be like the "Joneses"...

I won't disagree with this, that there seems to be a vanishing desire to "blaze your own trail" here in this country.

Everyone follows some sort of trend anymore. It is pathetic.

They buy their car like they buy their toasters....

Back then, one may have thought a little harder about their decision before, because you kept in for a while...

Make a mistake? Trade it on in.....

But I also want you consider what most people trade that "mistake" in for.

It is usually a vehicle in the same segment as their trade-in.

Edited by YellowJacket894