Gas prices?

capriceman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.79....PSYCHE.....a litre!!! Ha, ha,......That's about $3.17 a U.S. gallon...and that's cheap for us! Was about .89 a litre a few weeks ago.

$1.98 here. Which is good, since I already blew all my money on tuition. :(

I thought you would save up and buy some of that St. Cloud Gas bank crap sounds like a good time to buy.

$1.99 but because of the storm a lot of stations have been running out of gas due to people powering generators and such. It took until Tuesday night to get my power back on, partly because my town's public works department ran out of diesel for the trucks and had to keep sending people to Arkansas to get fuel because pumps were dry here.

According to gasbuddy.com, the range here is $1.88 - 1.99. It seems as though when the college students go back to school the price goes down because there is less demand. Last semester the same thing happened; gas dropped about $.20 in the couple weeks following school starting.

Around $2.50 for regular give or take depending on the station...the lowest it has dropped since going over the $3 mark last year has been in the $2.30 range, now its back on the rise here in lower NY

Around $2.50 for regular give or take depending on the station...the lowest it has dropped since going over the $3 mark last year has been in the $2.30 range, now its back on the rise here in lower NY

I still remember last summer... paying $3.79/gal for premium. :o

I still remember last summer... paying $3.79/gal for premium. :o

It was insanity...and I was forced to put 87 in my Riviera b/c the price for 93 was just too high for me, and as a result I think it has resulted in some serious problems with the car...and now that I notice a lack of power and rough running I am going to be forced to use premium and yet I can't accept the price for it. BTW where are you in NY? if you are in fact in NY.

It was insanity...and I was forced to put 87 in my Riviera b/c the price for 93 was just too high for me, and as a result I think it has resulted in some serious problems with the car...and now that I notice a lack of power and rough running I am going to be forced to use premium and yet I can't accept the price for it. BTW where are you in NY? if you are in fact in NY.

Suburbs of CA

Yep. :thumbsup:

Though it's getting better, you should see all the new houses going up....

well new house went up in Detroit but did anyone buy them?

Theres enough house for sale now why do we need to build future vacant houses?

well new house went up in Detroit but did anyone buy them?

Theres enough house for sale now why do we need to build future vacant houses?

True, but at least it's not near the D.....

Besides, if the city doesn't do something soon, either the cities of Dearborn heights or Garden City will try to burn it town...

I swear the G.C. complains about it at their meetings... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

$1.01 a litre in the hinterland. That's about $3.67 an American gallon. THe oil companies are blaming a fire from two weeks ago at an oil refinery in Ontario. Nice. Could be worse, though: in Brazil where I was recently they are paying about 2.30 a litre!

I'm paying $3/gallon again. A downside of living on the west coast.

Through a historical measurement of oil prices, there is absolutely no reason - on the relative scale of things - for gas prices to be this high. 10 years ago, gas prices would not be as greatly affected by supposed fears of Iran or something mentioned overseas by a retired & senile Fed official. Back then, such "fears" would result in a rise of 10 cents, from 1.20 to 1.30...and yes, we'd still be complaining.

However, oil companies are making record-setting profits and not investing anything into new refineries...on the guise that future demand will not suffice such an expansion. Government is increasingly tied to such companies...where's their incentive? An extremely paranoid view would point out the lowering of oil prices 3 months before the election...and there subsequent rise thereafter...but I can't back this up.

Either way, something needs to be done with the high cost of oil - since there is no real reason to justify it.

if oil comapanies want to be competitive, they have to keep building, i know my boss's son's company has been trying to expand, or just be more efficient with what they have and not been used for a long time, equipment and pipes

the problem is tree hugging hippies shut down refinery's. And they control the price at the pump more than the oil drillers.