Winter Storm

ToniCipriani

for this $h!? pfft We had worse weather in London and I don't remember Western ever shutting down. Hell, back in Barrie this was the norm :(

It only took 15min longer for me to get to work (Miss - Square 1 > 404 & 7 in Richmond Hill), and thats only because of all the other slow drivers. I was passing people left right and center in my $h!fire this morning on the highway. Snowtires OWN!

We got our asses kicked, kinda. The roads are fine, put power is out just about everywhere. I lost power Friday night, it came back on for a couple of hours Saturday then died again, as far as I know its still off. Right now I'm in downtown Springfield, MO using the WiFi the city has set up, nowhere else has internet access. Luckily my laptop had some battery left in it. This place looks like a Serbian war zone or something, ice everywhere, trees in the streets, hardly any people. I'm staying at my sister's place, she's had electricity since yesterday morning, which is better than Saturday morning when she woke up to find a tree had fallen over on her husband's F-150 which had been parked in the back yard since he's out of town. The windshield is broken but that about it. Thanks for the concern, I'll try to check in again later tonight if I make it over this way again.

It's been a lousy winter so far here...snow four weeks in a row, snow staying on the ground (not something I'm used to seeing in Denver), and sub-zero temps this past weekend...and I've got a cold again.. ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

It's been a lousy winter so far here...snow four weeks in a row, snow staying on the ground (not something I'm used to seeing in Denver), and sub-zero temps this past weekend...and I've got a cold again.. ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Bingo. The Intermountain West is cold right now. Las Vegas has been cold. Two years ago, Reno got its worst winter on record in terms of snowfall in about 80 years, collapsing a lot of apartment car canopies and crushing a lot of cars. Sacramento and towns west of the Sierra have been spared, but all Lake Tahoe (CA and NV) ski resorts have had great snowfall. Lately, the South Central area including Dallas was dealt an arctic blast.

I was thinking about "global warming"....hmmmm.

Edited by trinacriabob

The weather is screwed up. Its snowing where its not supposed to and not snowing where it should. Today this little storm is giving Montreal its first real snow ( 5 inches) of the winter and winter is half over. I had to laugh watching the U.S. news yesterday when they said 25 degrees was bitterly cold and the CNN guy has his parka on.

Here in southern Michigan the meteorologists once again overestimated the "storm" as they call it. The Weather Channel was calling for 6 inches of snow today. Hmm. We have a slight glazing of ice on everything. My mom called me from work to say that the power had gone out, but still have power at home. Now, the weather dweebs are saying only 1-3 inches of snow today and another 1-2 inches of snow tomorrow. Bull. I'll believe it when I see it.

It was 72 degrees when ABC 7 said we'd see around an inch of snow. Western MD's seen some accumulation, but everywhere east of Hagerstown's been untouched so far. The temps are supposed to take a nosedive after today (64°), bottoming out at 36° on Wednesday. It's been a warm winter so far, and I can't complain.

The weather is screwed up. Its snowing where its not supposed to and not snowing where it should. Today this little storm is giving Montreal its first real snow ( 5 inches) of the winter and winter is half over. I had to laugh watching the U.S. news yesterday when they said 25 degrees was bitterly cold and the CNN guy has his parka on.

I didn't know you lived in Montreal. There's a lot of Toronto representation on the board, but you're the first Quebecois I know of. Cool.

We got our asses kicked, kinda. The roads are fine, put power is out just about everywhere. I lost power Friday night, it came back on for a couple of hours Saturday then died again, as far as I know its still off. Right now I'm in downtown Springfield, MO using the WiFi the city has set up, nowhere else has internet access. Luckily my laptop had some battery left in it. This place looks like a Serbian war zone or something, ice everywhere, trees in the streets, hardly any people. I'm staying at my sister's place, she's had electricity since yesterday morning, which is better than Saturday morning when she woke up to find a tree had fallen over on her husband's F-150 which had been parked in the back yard since he's out of town. The windshield is broken but that about it. Thanks for the concern, I'll try to check in again later tonight if I make it over this way again.

Yeah you guys west and south got your butts kicked. Chesterfield got a little ice but it is all gone since this morning's rain.

===================================================================================

Glad you are doin ok Satty. Keep us updated if ya can.

I didn't know you lived in Montreal. There's a lot of Toronto representation on the board, but you're the first Quebecois I know of. Cool.

I asked you once before why you knew so much about Montreal but you probably didn't see my post. We got about 15cm or 5 inches of snow today. Like earlier people said the weather network tends to preach the worst and then it turns out to be nothing. Your university closing because of a little snow is lame. I just hope it doesn't snow Thursday night or my 9 hour drive to Detroit will be a lot longer.

Heh ... yeah, Chicagoland has had a weird winter, too. Lots of snow around Dec 1 ... then the temps got warm ... and no snow until yesterday when we got a dusting or so (from the forecasted 5-7 inches ... heh). We got some more earlier tonight, but not near the totals they had been calling for to come down.

*shrugs*

Who knows.....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Those windshield wipers slappin out a tempo" ... Eddie Rabbit ... 'Driving My Life Away'