What The F$#& Is A Razr?

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

[From Engadget.]

Posted Image

Capping literally years of speculation on perhaps the most intensely followed unconfirmed product in Apple's history -- and that's saying a lot -- the iPhone has been announced today. Yeah, we said it: "iPhone," the name the entire free world had all but unanimously christened it from the time it'd been nothing more than a twinkle in Stevie J's eye (comments, Cisco?). Sweet, glorious specs of the 11.6 millimeter device (that's frickin' thin, by the way) include a 3.5-inch 480 x 320 touchscreen display with multi-touch support and a proximity sensor to turn off the sensor when it's close to your face, 2 megapixel cam, 4GB or 8 GB of storage, Bluetooth with EDR and A2DP, WiFi that automatically engages when in range, and quadband GSM radio with EDGE. Perhaps most amazingly, though, it somehow runs OS X with support for Widgets, Google Maps, and Safari, and iTunes (of course) with CoverFlow out of the gate. A partnership with Yahoo will allow all iPhone customers to hook up with free push IMAP email. Apple quotes 5 hours of battery life for talk or video, with a full 16 hours in music mode -- no word on standby time yet. The 4GB iPhone will go out the door in the US as a Cingular exclusive for $499 on a two-year contract, 8GB for $599. Ships Stateside in June, Europe in fourth quarter, Asia in 2008.

What the f@#k is a Razr?

touch screen with no buttons I can feel so I can dial while driving without taking my eyes off the road? no thanks

Voice command? I just hit the button on the side of my phone, say "Dial", and then speak the telephone number. Don't need to look down for voice dialing.

I'm definitely looking into this when it comes out. I've been looking for something to replace my pos razr with, and I think this is it.

Dude wait for pricing to go down on this. I just got a Blackberry Pearl, and it rocks. Recommended.

Looks amazing. Too bad it's Cingular exclusive. They probably would've cleaned house if they went with Verizon which has some of the best service nationwide. Either that or Sprint since that's my carrier.

Well, I'm not tooo excited since I just got my brand new 30G iPod for christmas this year and I'm not a huge phone addict so it serves my needs just find.

Okay, so, like I was in the Eaton Center (why do they still call it that when Eaton's went bankrupt 5 or 6 years ago?) at the Apple store, buying my 3rd iPod in as many months (a 30gb as a birthday present for my partner a couple months ago, a 2gb for myself and another 2gb as a present for his brother when we go to Brazil in 2 weeks), and the clerk is asking if I"ve heard about the new phone. Okay, I may be old enough to be her father, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck either (not that she probably knew what that means!) I said, yes, I"ve heard of it, but I will stick to my 2 year old flip phone that has no camera, no MP3 capablity, no custom ring tones (it has no download capability at all - HORRORS!) and no text messaging. She stared at me like I was from Mars.

I have a portable XM, a cellphone, an iPod, a computer, 2 digital cameras (one MPEG-4 movie camera and a regular digital that just died, actually), a new Hitachi 42" plasma TV, Yamaha 6.1 surround system...........I am exhausted just typing this. The last thing I need is a cellphone that records music, plays movies, takes pictures...okay, maybe I could use a cell phone that does all of that, but not after I just spent so much f$@king money on all the rest of the electronics!

We are on a treadmill, boys and girls. I have gone through 5 VCRs (starting with my first in 1984), 3 stereo systems (from '77 to my new current one), I just threw out a Dual turntable that I paid $400 for in 1982 when I only made $4 an hour, I have had laserdisc, DVD (and am currently taking pills to resist BueRay) and can brag to my kids (if I had any) that I narrowly avoided Beta and 8-track. (I am proud to admit that I talked my mother OUT of 8-tracks because I knew they broke easily and did NOT rewind.)

It is an EVIL CONSPIRACY, this technology treadmill. Now let me log off so I can get to the store and buy ANOTHER 2 gig SD card for my movie camera so I don't run out when I am holidays. (And I can hear my father, who used to bitch about our wind-up movie camera running out of film - the reels were, like 5 minutes long!) Ha! Take that, Dad.

I saw this earlier when it was unveiled.. the price and the service are the only things that really force me to wait on it.

If I'm not mistaken it has the iPod harness jack on the bottom right.. If so, then I can use this for my pioneer iPod adapter and I can replace my Samsung A920 :scratchchin: