What a laff

Shantanu

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3013016&page=1

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they know that it was the Fuhrer himself who started VW, as the "people's car"? Ah, a car for the master race, no wonder VW's are so good.

That and most Jewish people to this day will still not drive Mercedes and BMW's either, because these companies used slave laborers from the death camps.

I don't even know how much of the above article is true, as it's widely known that the Germans stole Opel from GM during WWII, but were made to give it back after the war.

The internet provides both good information and bad information, whether we like it or not. Sadly, many Jewish people I know do drive M-B. Just as Chinese flock to Japanese cars. People have very short memories on historical facts. Nissan was also formed as a branch of the Japanese military to build military vehicles in Manchuria using slave Chinese labor. I don't suppose you see that on their website either.

The internet provides both good information and bad information, whether we like it or not. Sadly, many Jewish people I know do drive M-B. Just as Chinese flock to Japanese cars. People have very short memories on historical facts. Nissan was also formed as a branch of the Japanese military to build military vehicles in Manchuria using slave Chinese labor. I don't suppose you see that on their website either.

Sure I can see why some people would take offense to driving vehicles from certain countries of origin that did some pretty horrible things in the past. However, I don't think that we should hold grudges against other countries. No country is perfect, certainly not us.

Sure I can see why some people would take offense to driving vehicles from certain countries of origin that did some pretty horrible things in the past. However, I don't think that we should hold grudges against other countries. No country is perfect, certainly not us.

Israel has a lot of trade with Germany, but there are few German car dealers there and few Jewish people here in the states drive German cars.

In the case of Volkswagen, MB, and BMW, it's not so much the national origin of the company, but specific atrocities that these companies themselves committed against Jews during WWII, that they never really apologized or made reparations for. And even if they did, it's a hard thing to forgive.

That's not the point of this discussion though. What made me laugh is the utter hypocrisy of a Volkswagen forum of all places, accuses GM of being Nazi's for some tenuous link that they supposedly had, when VW itself exists because of Hitler.

I think the people on the VW forum are ridiculing it as much as they can.. its the SF Chronicle that is the nut job.

Yeah... someone merely cut-and-pasted it from the SF Chronicle. The fact it was a VW board is merely a coincidence...

This thread's title is misleading, offensive, and untrue, btw.

Edited by empowah

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3013016&page=1

That and most Jewish people to this day will still not drive Mercedes and BMW's either, because these companies used slave laborers from the death camps.

Have you ever seen the parking lot at a synagogue? :)

Seriously, my step-Dad is a Rabbi. He had a M-B E430 Sport. Big piece of turd. Blew a tranny at 60K and was in the shop constantly for electrical issues. Traded it for a '04 Escalade and is looking to upgrade to an '07.

He did have some reservations about driving a German car, but the reality of the unreliability of the car was what persuaded him to dump it.