NINTENDO!

Satty

Recently I have come into posession of a Nintendo Entertainment System circa 1985. I've wanted one for a while, but couldn't justify the $60+s&h for one on eBay. I found a used game place that had one so I traded my N64 (hasn't been used regularly in years) and some games for it. I've got Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 as well as Duck Hunt. OH MY GOD THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME! (Sorry, I just went reg on you guys) I didn't have one when I was younger (went straight into the Sega Genesis) so I didn't get to spend a lot of time with the NES back in the day and am making up for it now. My one problem (other than sucking at the games) is the fact that I cannot find Zelda anywhere.

Thank you Mario! But the Princess is in another castle.

yeah im slightly addicted to games

Posted Image

plus i have a PSP

But you must get a the duck hunt rifle its a must. Also the best Game is Contra!!!

Or Startropics. Those games were designed not to be beat easily except Mario 3 and kids games. they kept kids entertained. but Game genie helped with beating games. Excite bike is a classic to.

But i hate to break the bad news you could of played all the classic games on your computer. NES to Sega.

http://www.everyvideogame.com/

Lets see, I've got Mario 1,2,3, Duck Hunt, Flight of the Intruder (hell of a lot easier than Top Gun), Contra, Paperboy, and one other game, although I can't remember the name. I got a Nintendo when I turned 5, which would be 1988, so I guess part of me was late too because shortly thereafter I got a Sega Genesis and got the Road Rash series of games. I still play both of the systems, along wiht the N64. My brother-in-law has ever game system so far with the exception of the Comodore 64. All of them still work and just for giggles, we'll still get around to playing them all. Right now though, he's got a Wii and quite happy with it.

yeah im slightly addicted to games

Posted Image

plus i have a PSP

But you must get a the duck hunt rifle its a must. Also the best Game is Contra!!!

Or Startropics. Those games were designed not to be beat easily except Mario 3 and kids games. they kept kids entertained. but Game genie helped with beating games. Excite bike is a classic to.

But i hate to break the bad news you could of played all the classic games on your computer. NES to Sega.

http://www.everyvideogame.com/

You lucky bastard! So how''s the PS3?

So Satty do you have the gun that goes with Duck Hunt? I used to play when I was younger..so much fun. But if you want to play the classics get an Emulator and roms. It's free and plays well on the PC.

I have the regular NES that I bought just before they came out with the Super Nintendo. I also have one of the last ones of the Super Nintendos and I also have a Sony Playstation. Also a regular Gameboy and a Gameboy Color. Plus a few games for the computer.

Satty: Zelda is out there if you look for it. As for the people who say Zelda II: The Adventure of Link sucks...don't listen to them. It's different, because it is an RPG and features a lot of side-scrolling 2D scenes. A lot of classic Zelda characters come from this game, and it is pretty challenging. Again, different doesn't equal bad.

You lucky bastard! So how''s the PS3?

So Satty do you have the gun that goes with Duck Hunt? I used to play when I was younger..so much fun. But if you want to play the classics get an Emulator and roms. It's free and plays well on the PC.

Its ok I think games will get better. Madden 07 is pretty sweet. surfing the web is pretty cool. they have demos you can download. like Gran tursimo 5 demo. thats going to be a sweet game plus they will have Ferrari's now.

Paperboy is a bad ass game.

http://www.everyvideogame.com/play-nes-Pap...U)_%5Bo1%5D.htm

Edited by capriceman

The first system I got was a Super Nintendo, but our neighbors had the NES, and I loved that system.

I've been using ROM's to play the games I never got to play, and strangely, I seem to get more pleasure out of playing the oldies more than the games on, my PS2.

Startropics.

OH MY GAUD! I haven't thought about that game in years. I remember my brothers and I finally beating it. We saved it right before facing the alien at the end so we could video tape the skit right after it. LOL! wow...

Satty... definitely get this game if you want to have some fun. It's not as complax as it appeared when new, but it's definitely entertaining, and you won't finish it in a day or two. :thumbsup:

OH MY GAUD! I haven't thought about that game in years. I remember my brothers and I finally beating it. We saved it right before facing the alien at the end so we could video tape the skit right after it. LOL! wow...

Satty... definitely get this game if you want to have some fun. It's not as complax as it appeared when new, but it's definitely entertaining, and you won't finish it in a day or two. :thumbsup:

Especically the board thats all dark and you have to walk through it. how did you beat that level?

Its ok I think games will get better. Madden 07 is pretty sweet. surfing the web is pretty cool. they have demos you can download. like Gran tursimo 5 demo. thats going to be a sweet game plus they will have Ferrari's now.

Paperboy is a bad ass game.

http://www.everyvideogame.com/play-nes-Pap...U)_%5Bo1%5D.htm

Can't wait for MGS4 to come out, and yeah Gran Turismo 5 is gonna be amazing...will they have damage this time around? I'm also looking forward to the next Final Fantasy to be released on it. You can always rely on the PlayStation to come out with the best selection of some of the best games. I'm waiting to buy one till all the bugs are fixed, and until I have the money to get an HDTV as well...cuz that's they only way to truly appreciate the hi-res gaming the PS3 is capable of.

I've yet to find a game for Xbox 360 I find worth the price of admission...except, of course, Halo 3...but that's only one game and that system costs too much to be bought for just that.

Right now I have a Seaga Genesis, Gameboy Advance, PlayStation, PSOne, 2 Dreamcasts (I got one of them for dirt cheap when they were on clearance) and...get this...4 PS2s! One was an original model I got for my birthjday...I got real lucky and found one at Target...this was back when they were hard to find. The disk reader stopped working, so my brother and I pitched and bought a new one. Then I got one for free cuz a friend has dropped it and broke it, but I managed to fix it enough so it could be used...we use it soley for Final Fantasy X, and last X-mas my brother got one of the slim PS2s...which hardly gets used but it does from time to time. I had a PSP but it got stolen :( Someday I'll buy a new one.

Guest YellowJacket894

I've still got my SNES. Love it. I could kick myself for selling about 5 or 6 of the games I had for it when I was eleven, though. (Don't worry -- I've still got Super Mario Word, Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Word or whatever you call it, and a bunch of others.)

In addition to that I have a PS2.

I have to say, since the end of N64, Nintendo has lost it's appeal to me. There's just something about the games and the new consoles that I don't like that I just can't put my finger on. Don't get me wrong -- I like the Wii and wouldn't really mind having one. But would I buy one? I can't say that I really would.

I know where I can pick up an Atari for sixty bucks. :D

Especically the board thats all dark and you have to walk through it. how did you beat that level?

Yikes! I vaguely remember that... We're talking 15-16 years ago. lol. If memory serves me, I think there's a pattern to it. I'll see if I can find something online...

Edit: Here's a walk through... http://www.classicgaming.com/startropics/w.../stwalkthru.txt

This page appears to be entirely dedicated to the game :thumbsup:

That's a blast... I heard the theme song and laughed! I actually recognized it!

Yikes! I vaguely remember that... We're talking 15-16 years ago. lol. If memory serves me, I think there's a pattern to it. I'll see if I can find something online...

Edit: Here's a walk through... http://www.classicgaming.com/startropics/w.../stwalkthru.txt

This page appears to be entirely dedicated to the game :thumbsup:

That's a blast... I heard the theme song and laughed! I actually recognized it!

yeah I broke a couple of controllers with that game. I might go try and beat it now just for principle. Thanks i might be finaily put this game to rest.

Nope, $5 for NES, $6 for TurboGrafx, $8 for SNES and Genesis, and $10 for N64

Of course. I remember hearing that at one point.

TurboGrafix, eh? How about Genesis?

Also, are those Wii Points cards for the Virtual Console games or are they something else entirely?