Countdown time

76ChevyTrucker

Well y'all, its two weeks to go till I'm a dad. Right now the wife is in the hospital being monitored due to her blood pressure being higher than "normal" They're also looking at her urine to make sure she's not leaching protien (which means probably toximia (sp?), if they find an excessive amount, they're going to induce, if not, she'll come home tomorrow and we'll have to wait for the next thing to happen. Right now I'm just at home about to catch some Z's with hopes of going to work tomorrow and having her come home tomorrow night. I'll try to keep everyone on here informed, and if any of you are religious, the prayers wouldn't hurt. But for right now, that's about it.

You do realize as I read this, its 12:27 AM and I'm too wired to sleep. I'm not really worried that anything will happen, although I really don't want her to have the baby at the particular hospital she's at (the nursing staff just struck me the wrong way), so I'm hoping she comes home.

:CG_all: An update: Amy's still in the hospital, her blood pressure is a little high. Right now she's got preclampsia (sp?), which means that her blood pressure is causing the blood vessels (namely the placenta and umbilical cord) to tighten up, which could cut oxygen, food, and blood flow to the baby. She's on strict bed rest and being monitored at the hospital. Also, she's starting to dialate a little, so we're going to see where she is by this evening, and if she's ready, we're going to go ahead and let things go about their normal course, if not, they'll induce labor (the other alternative is her sitting in the hospital and the condition getting worse). So, I guess needless to say within the next day, I'll be a dad. I'll make sure that as soon as possible, I'll get pictures of our little Heather up. But, thanks everyone for being supportive. :CG_all:

others _linenums:0'>Countdown time, All right ladies, gents, and <strong class='bbc'>others</strong>

Nice to see you accounting for the few of us who have landed on Earth due to accidental extra-terrestrial space transmogrification.

We appreciate it! :AH-HA_wink:

Congratulations! Hope everything goes well. :thumbsup:

well another update, its late, I'm sleepy, won't be long simply cause there isn't much to say. Right now, they've started the two drugs that are used to induce labor on Amy, so hopefully things will start to progress from there. Thanks again for all the support, its really appreciated. I'm getting a little nervous about the whole thing, but I probably won't be once I see that little screaming, squealing, poopin' bundle of joy finally get here.

No, but a another little screaming, squealing, poopin' bundle did come on Sunday, January 7th, at 10:07am. Its official, I'm a dad!! She weighed 8lbs, 10oz, and was 20-1/2 inches long with a head full of black hair. We just got home today, and so far things are going great. I've changed two diapers so far and being a dad is a wonderful thing. Lookin' into those blue-gray eyes just makes me feel all proud and happy. Mom is doing just fine, her blood pressure came down just like it was supposed to. Other than that, no more updates with the exception of pictures, which will be coming soon. Again, thanks everyone for your support.