New Year Car Spotting

XP715

Red Solstice GXP at the local BPG dealership. (Yeah, I cruised through at lunchtime today to see if they had any more new Sierras. They did.) Anyway, Solstice GXP HOT! Edited by ocnblu

A riced-out, yellow, previous gen Avalanche. Oh. Your. God. It was hideous! It had a stupid spoiler that looked like it came off a Civic. It was tall and swoopy but narrower (by like a foot) than the tailgate. It made a Ram Daytona look like an elegant piece of artwork.

While in Boston today I saw, honest to god, a 1999 Buick Riviera Silver Arrow. Me and the girlfriend were in the city for the day and we're walking down State Street and she points and goes "look honey, a car like yours!" So I look and see a silverish looking last-gen Riviera, but then I do a double take as I notice the special emblems on the quarter panel in place of the standard Riviera script, as well as the car proudly wearing the Maine vanity plate SLVARW. This thing is obviously daily driven because it was FILTHY! If I didn't know any better I'd say the car just got back from mudding. Sad to see it so scummy, but very cool to see one out on the road being used. Also saw a late 70's Oldsmobile Omega sedan in Chinatown and a '74 Cadillac Eldorado convertible in front of the Museum of Science.

Speaking of Acadias, I was trolling the local BPG dealership (again!) today, and they have a silver, AWD SLT. I parked and got out to take a look. My salesguy came out and asked if I wanted to drive it. I said "can I?" like a little kid given permission to play with the siren in a 9C1 Caprice.

All I can say is, every positive thing that has been said about the Lambdas and the way they drive has been well-deserved. This thing drives just great. The 3.6L is punchy, and the 6 speed auto shifts soo smoothly, thank God for GM's unmatched experience with automatic transmissions. Yay, Hydramatic! And the interior? Top notch. I mean, I dint go around poking my finger into every surface to see how squishy it was, but the design and function of everything is superb.

Also, they just got in a new-style, regular cab longbed Sierra Work Truck. Proof that Regular Cabs exist and are being built... which makes me happy because I am anxiously awaiting my new one.

1980-3 Cadillac coupe deVille lowrider

& much less exciting: 1980s Rolls Royce Flying Continental Goatse or whatever the hell they're called.*

* Looks just like any 60s or 70s RR but it's got quad SQUARE headlights. :rolleyes

Solsti

Solstices.

Today, I saw someone driving a Nissan X-Trail (the SUV the rest of the world gets instead of our X-Terra) over on Fig (short for Figueroa) and Washington. Baja California plates.

And an E-Type Jag this morning.

I know it's not the new year anymore, but I saw my, like third ever Volkswagen Phaeton on Tuesday headed West bound on I-94.

Last week, on back to back days heading down the second-to-home stretch from the schoolhouse, saw a 68 Bonneville hardtop (sadly adorned with puny-looking 80s Camaro wheels painted magenta to match the car) and a 68 LeSabre hardtop.

Plenty of Sebrings all month, and the street angles bring me to disagree with the lot of you saying it looks bad....I think it looks great. An SRT-6 would definitely be nice.

Also, the new Mercedes CL, on the street two days after seeing it on the lot. It's OK.

Edited by LosAngeles

The Today show:

This bakkie-style truck made by Volkswagen called a Pointer (and you KNOW it's Mexican-market) A lot of people driving Baja California plated cars near downtown, it seems....

FOUR Priuses (Prii?) in the intersection, aiming different directions, of course. Man, when a vehicle gets hot, it gets hot.

Lastly, how are you gonna throw a cowl-induction hood on an Escalade? (it was a '98, I think)

A red VW Golf GT 5-door with Michigan manufacturer's plates on the Beltway this morning. Not sure what it was doing there.

Also: a white Aura XE, an Impala LS (last body style) w/Ontario plates, and a 900 Silverado base crew cab.

Hmm...

A silver Lincoln Zephyer

A black Lincoln Zephyer

A black Lincoln MKZ

A new dark gray Acura MDX (it looks quite good in person)

A gray Saturn Aura

A new black Ford Expedition

A red Ford Freestyle

A silver Chrysler Sebring

A dark blue Chrysler Sebring

Some mystery car for sale on R110...it looks like it's from the 60's..a bit like a Mustang but it's not...I'll have to check it out tomorrow or next week.

Edited by Dodgefan

since Saturday...

2 Chrysler Sebrings (both blue)

4 Nissan Sentras (one gray the other 3 silver)

5 Calibers (all different colors...and a gold one no less...I didn't know they came in gold)

a Toyota MR2 Spyder

2 Saturn Auras (one dark blue, the other was gray XR)

a black Zephyer/MKZ

a sliver Suzuki SX4

2 FJ Cruisers

I didn't see a new one for February, maybe I'm blind...

Yesterday going to work: 2008 Magnum R/T (engineer testing it)

Going to work: Maserati Quattroporte (black)

Going to Milford to pick up some parts: Saturn Aura 3 door (black)

Coming from Milford: GMT900 fully covered in camo (you could tell it had HIDs in the headlights)

Also coming from Milford: Silverado HD (engineer testing it) (I've got a couple pics on my phone)

Not bad!