**Want to make a quick $75? (No, really.)**

Chris_Doane

So the deal is I finally want to make a website for...uhmmm.....whatever this is that I'm doing as a career lately. Only every front door design I've come up with....well....sucks.

So here is what you'd be designing. Basically all I need is a front door for "Chris Doane Automotive." I dont have a logo or anything yet. I'd also need some kind of buttons (or some design element) linking off the front door to pages for "Prototype Spy Photography," "Automotive Product Photography" and "Future Product Information."

As for tech specs...I assume anyone doing this will have Photoshop. Please keep all the design elements in seperate layers so I can adjust them afterwards if I want. Save as a .PSD file. 72dpi. Dimensions around 950-600 pixels.

I've got some photos for you to work with as the main design elements on the front page.

There are 3 regular photos of cars. The Bugatti Veyron, the Audi Q7 and the Jeep Liberty.

There are 5 spy photos. The Dodge Calibers, the CTS, the VW Tiguan, the Mercedes C class and the Chrysler Sebring.

Probably want you to use equal amounts of both, so if you use one regular car, use one spy pic. 2 regular, 2 spy. Doubt there is room for more than 4 pics anyway. I'll post the photos below.

All that said, Im more than willing to look at any design that's "wicked pissah cool yo."

Post any other questions here or PM me.

Edited by CD/BP

Do whatever you need to do to the photos to make it fit your design as far as resizing, but try not to stray too far from the crops I have on the photos:

**These photos MAY NOT be re-posted ANYWHERE outside of this thread.**

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

**These photos MAY NOT be re-posted ANYWHERE outside of this thread.**

Edited by CD/BP

Here's my shot at it:

Posted Image

The transparency of the three "link" photos could go away when you move the cursor over the pic if you want. I was also thinking about the possibility of the link title appearing only when the cursor is on top of the link.

I had to crop the outside photos so things would look balanced.

Hope ya like it!

If nothing else, this was a fun exercise in making an emblem-like metallic logo. :) That thing by itself took like 90 minutes to render.

The more I look at it, the more I dislike the use and placement of the Mercedes camo shot. It can very easily be removed, or with a little effort, integrated elsewhere.

Hmm. Well that picture almost looks like a professional did it..

haha :P Just kidding. Maybe it just looks similar to a Jeep ad I've seen? IDK. I've got an idea brewing, and I've put the idea on paper. Not sure how it'll turn out, but I may have it by the end of the weekend.

There's always a way around that, though. I guess disabling right-click makes it a little bit harder, but I could just as easily (1) capture the screen, or (2) view the source and grab the image URL, or (3) click and drag the image to where I want to save it.

To prevent #3, you can overlay the image with a blank translucent image. I'm not sure how to prevent #2, but I believe it's possible. And there's no way around #1 that I know of.

Edited by aaaantoine

"Contact Me" also needs to be a link. Sorry, forgot about that.

Erm, so far I dont think I see anything that'll work. Hoping for something really modern, sleek and professional looking. Wish I could give you more direction than that, but Im not really sure what to tell ya.