C&G Exclusive: 2008 Cadillac STS-V Spyshots

Flybrian

C&G Spies! 2008 Cadillac STS-V

Posted Image

C&G member Frank Budzyn (NOS2006) was lucky enough to both see the next STS-V without camo and have a means to photograph it on hand. Check out the photos below.

Posted Image

The unclad exterior shot exposes what we've already seen to be identifiers of the refreshed 2008 STS line - cleared 'international' LED taillamp clusters. The decklid retains the same aggressive spoiler treatment as the current STS-V, but the lower bumper valance houses what appear to be new dual Euro-style reflectors, perhaps rear foglamps. The interior appears largely unchanged from what we see today.

With the current STS-V pushing 469hp from a supercharged 4.4l Northstar, it wouldn't be surprising to see the next iteration pushing the 600hp envelope.

So, is this really our next STS-V or simply a ready-for-export variant of the current model? Time will tell, but feel free to discuss below.

Well, if this is indeed a prototype for the next STS-V, I guess we'll have to wait a few more years for a newer SLS styled interior. Damn.

Another guess: could this just be a Euro-spec STS-V testing in the US? Sounds like they could be expanding the V-series line outside of North America.

Wow. 2008 STS doesn't get the new SLS interior. If that isn't the biggest disappointment ever, I don't know what is. We are talking about an interior that is a 6/10 compared to a 10/10, and GM doesn't even have the sense to make the change. Sometimes I just don't know if there is any hope.

Don't be jumping to conclusions already people. It's clearly a mule of some sort, and often those are just a mishmash of parts OR almost complete cars just testing new guts. This looks to be more of the latter, and if the same guts, just trying out some new trim pieces and such.

As dealers who have attended the meeting have said, bigger and better changes are coming before long, so just hold the brash commentary for a little bit at least :AH-HA_wink:

Interesting - anyone notice the plastic trim piece around the nav screen and radio is missing?

220819[/snapback]

Yes, it was definitely missing.

Everything looked very complete and it had "manufacturer" stickers all over it. The front end looked just like that of the current STS-V. It was just weird that the front end and interior looked unchanged (and automatic shifter if I remember correctly)... but it had a slightly different rear end.

Hey Nos...where did you take this pic? I couldnt imagine someone testing a top secret prototype stopping off to grab a cinnabon in what looks to be a mall parking lot.

Just me maybe, but there is nothing there that indicates its anything more than an STS-V. Hate to sound skeptical but perhaps its just a zelous owners who has touched it up a bit? I think zealous is a word...or is it like combobulate and discombabilate...hmmmm not sure.

nevertheless...good eyes but they usually take more precaution than taking a breather in such a populated area when testing these things....

not to sound too cynical, but the only other spy shot i can recall in the past year or so that wasnt on some desolate road or proving grounds was an Holden parked on what looked like some guys driveway. And it still had the camo on it if i recall correctly. I surmised he just ran in to take a wiz....this seems too obvious.

Sweet and its really getting more power? Who needs that? It already has darn near 500! And I bet its a mule I am almost sure it will get the new interior and I wouldn't be suprised if the new SLS model shows up stateside. Don't being doing this yet guys... :banghead: I love my :CG_all:

Edited by gm4life

I've seen that car before.

Actually, a few times. :)

Guys-it is NOT an 08....but an 06...

Though it is a mule...an actual V mule...testing for the "Future" model.

It has a lot of "mashed" parts on it....

How do I know this, you ask?

It's been parked at D-ham more than a few times....

And seen at its home plant too..and at the tech center...... :P

This car gets around... :P

Well, considering the just released details and pictures of the '08 STS Platinum, I guess I spoke too soon.

Interior and just about everything are virtually identical to '07, so I guess we won't see much of any significant changes or upgrades until '09.

This car very well must be a slightly revised '08 -V mule, as originally stated.

Well, considering the just released details and pictures of the '08 STS Platinum, I guess I spoke too soon.

Interior and just about everything are virtually identical to '07, so I guess we won't see much of any significant changes or upgrades until '09.

221070[/snapback]

One of the stupidest decisions I've seen GM make in quite awhile.

I hate to disappoint everyone but what you are all looking at is simply a European homologation version of the STS-V which GM begins selling in Europe next spring. The tail lenses are identical to those found on the regular STS sold here in Europe. The reflectors under the bumper, likewise, are simply a European requirement. The US is the only country in the world that goes its own way in matters of lighting. The rest of the world including China, Japan and all of Europe follow the European approach to lighting which means principally that turn signals need to be amber (yellow). In the US, there is no rule but then again in the US there is no respect for lane changing.

We will all recognise the upgrades to the 08 STS beause there will be changes made to the front grille and rear light clusters. Furthermore there will be a (needed) upgrade to the interior. The original 05 interior was good but not great - hopefully Bob Lutz has finally been able to stamp his desire for Audi-quality interiors on the STS. My big question to all of you out there is whether we will be seeing an 08 STS V?