In Bloom

ocnblu

I love the song jump by VH Captain. Nickleback sales alot of albums...and?? I used to like they're older stuff, but they've gone very mainstream and everytime I hear photograph I wanna dip my head in acid. You don't hear alot of Deftones becuase they don't fit into a specific genre and every album is an evolution in there sound, something most bands claim to do but rarely deliver.

When can I expect delivery of my Camaro YJ? :P

Guest YellowJacket894

I love the song jump by VH Captain. Nickleback sales alot of albums...and?? I used to like they're older stuff, but they've gone very mainstream and everytime I hear photograph I wanna dip my head in acid. You don't hear alot of Deftones becuase they don't fit into a specific genre and every album is an evolution in there sound, something most bands claim to do but rarely deliver.

Same goes for Tool (I know my local rock station doesn't play them much at all, and when they do, it's usually "Sober").

When can I expect delivery of my Camaro YJ? :P

It's already been delivered. :D

I've been following the Halen news on an almost day to day basis.  :lol:

Whether or not I want to see them on tour is the question, because, I don't care how great Wolfie is on the base, I'd rather still see Michael Anthony on stage.

Anthony put up with a lot of $h! in the past few years, like taking reduced royalties, and not even playing songs on VH3 and Best of Both Worlds, and yet he was there from the beginning.

Eddie's gone to hell as well, apparently he cured his mouth cancer using "alternative means" (meth) and he looks like a wreck.

As much as I enjoy Roth, I think I'd rather see Hagar and Anthony on their "Other 1/2 tour"

220341[/snapback]

I've been tossing around the idea of going on Hagar's "Are We Having Any Fun Yet?" cruise next year. I'd love to go if I can afford it.

VH's implosion just blows my mind, if only because the whole situation can be fixed using the same techniques that you'd use to get along with people you don't like at work. If they ever got their act together for good, they could really knock the music scene on its ass. It's all Eddie, and I think even Alex admitted that once. He's just very...um...controlling. He just has no idea how to do what's best for the band, and insists that his fingerprints be on everything. Sammy's a great guitarist, yet you'll never see him pick one up any time other than his allotted three songs from his solo career.

*pops VH-II in the CD player and proceeds to rock out*

Yellowjacket, you are so off on so many things.

"power cords" use of 1st and dom 5th dates back to who knows when, for my history lets say Hendrix, Zeppelin, Sabbath big time, Montrose, Deep Purple, how about Mississippi Queen - Mountain, how about ZZ Top, and you know what genre pushed it over the top - Metal.........Van Halen, Priest, Maiden, Crue, and hundreds and hundreds of metal band. It aint gonna leave rock/metal music. Power cords are suited for distortion, some of the grunge bands like Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins thought it would be cool to use massive amounts of distortion and full cords, no palm mute and just let them ring out in a massive puddle of mud. Have the drummers ridin full time on a crash cymbal........give me a break....everyone knows full cords, tasteless talent rings full minor 7ths at full distortion...thank goodness power metal bands have more taste and talent.

Grunge hit mainstream 91 with Nirvana...... and Alice in Chain, Soundgarden, STP, Pearl Jam were all grunge

The rest of your rants were just attacks based on assumption.

I was talking about Roth when I was talking about Blues

I was talking about future influence when I mentioned Soundgarden and STP ........not influences on Nickleback

I did not say anywhere that I was hyped up on Nickleback, just simply that I liked them and their groove and many of their hard drivin songs. Get over it. I listen to all kinds of $h!, from pop rock/metal to soft jazz, from classical to country. But my main stay has always been progressive, from prog hard rock to fusion to prog metal, most of which would make your head ache.

funny someone who was & is into Hendrix, Page, Blackmore, Barre, Montrose, Lifeson, Livgren, Witkowski/Griffiths, Beck, Morse, Di Meola, McLaughlin, Bolin, Vaughan, Van Halen, Vai, Satriani, Oliva, Pitrelli, Caffery, Petrucci and Romeo is being told what constitutes a guitar player by referencing grunge players..........

I could make a list of vocalists too.........

just seems kinda pointless, it just seems Im more open to........more

I've been tossing around the idea of going on Hagar's "Are We Having Any Fun Yet?" cruise next year. I'd love to go if I can afford it.

VH's implosion just blows my mind, if only because the whole situation can be fixed using the same techniques that you'd use to get along with people you don't like at work. If they ever got their act together for good, they could really knock the music scene on its ass. It's all Eddie, and I think even Alex admitted that once. He's just very...um...controlling. He just has no idea how to do what's best for the band, and insists that his fingerprints be on everything. Sammy's a great guitarist, yet you'll never see him pick one up any time other than his allotted three songs from his solo career.

*pops VH-II in the CD player and proceeds to rock out*

220413[/snapback]

Z, I went to see Sam Halen for the From Unlawfull Carnal Knowledge tour.......Alice in Chain opend for them and were still mostly unknown, I think "Man in the Box" was just getting air play.

Anyhow Sammy got some shredin' in, they even did a dual. Alex did a solo and the riser rose probably 20 feet into the air. I swear Sammy put his arm around Eddie and said "this is my best friend right here".

My understanding is Eddie only used to play, play and play - the guitar that is and Sammy has a real laid back lifestyle and just likes to let the music happen. Theres a song on F.U.C.K. called "Judgement Day" and I swear this song is about this very conflict. Regardless you could hear Sammy song writting influence in the band, riffs, lyrics and attitude. Eddies a strong talent that was very influencial in music, that kind of person, a pioneer, is going to have some control issues.......I think the drugs were a bigger problem.

I wouldnt say they could set the music world on fire again but they could have a few more efforts left in them. Sammy does not seem interested, he quite happy with the Waboritas. Do you have "Not 4 Sale" ? I listen to that from time to time but....hey........its Sammy !

I wouldnt say they could set the music world on fire again but they could have a few more efforts left in them. Sammy does not seem interested, he quite happy with the Waboritas. Do you have "Not 4 Sale" ? I listen to that from time to time but....hey........its Sammy !

220431[/snapback]

I don't have that one. It's kinda hard to find in my area.

I do have:

Standing Hampton

Three Lock Box

VOA

Marching to Mars

and his newest one,

Livin' it Up. <- This one is all about his laid back personality and his love for Cabo. It's one fun listen :thumbsup:

My favorite Deftones albums are White Pony and s/t (fourth one).

If you thought the tabs above were pathetic...

Nickelback - Leader of men

e---------------------------------------------------------
B---------------------------------------------------------
G---------------------------------------------------------
D---0-0-2-2-2-2-2-----------------------------------------
A---0-0-2-2-2-2-2-----------------------------------------
E---0-0-2-2-2-2-2-----------------------------------------
Clean Tone Power Chords 4X

The first guitar is doing a muted clean power chord thing while the second guitar is doing this.......
G----0----------------------------------------------------
D-------0-------------------------------------------------
A----------0----------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------------------
(This is done right after each the 1st and 2cd Muted Power chords in the verse pattern)

D-----0---------------------------------------------------
A--------0------------------------------------------------
E-----------0---------------------------------------------
(This is done right after each 3rd and 4th Muted Power Chords In the Verse Pattern)

The chorus is simple too.....It is the same as the First Guitar part

D---0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0---------------------------------------
A---0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0---------------------------------------
E---0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0---------------------------------------
This is done with distortion 4X

D-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0-0-5-5-5-5-5-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0-
A-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0-0-5-5-5-5-5-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0-
E-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0-0-5-5-5-5-5-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-2-2-2-2-2-0-

That's right kids. Drop D, meaning the entire song can be played with one finger on the left hand. Some part use the open bottom three strings, which means you just strum the guitar with nothing held on the left hand. To make it even worse, the chorus is the only part where you even move your one finger on the left hand. The intro and verse it's either on the 2nd fret or nothing.

This is one of the first guitar songs I ever learned, because it's so dirt simple.

I never got into Nirvana..they were big my junior and senior year in college, but as far as Seattle bands, I was more into Pearl Jam and Soundgarden at the time..

Edited by moltar

Thanks for the apologies, YJ. Now, let's have no more continuation of this argument in this thread. Thanks.

Have you guys heard of Lynam? I got wind of them via XM, and I've got to say they're a pretty good modern interpretation of a classic rock band. If nothing else, check out the video for some nice shots of a 66-67 Chevelle SS convertible 8)

Thanks for the apologies, YJ. Now, let's have no more continuation of this argument in this thread. Thanks.

Have you guys heard of Lynam? I got wind of them via XM, and I've got to say they're a pretty good modern interpretation of a classic rock band. If nothing else, check out the video for some nice shots of a 66-67 Chevelle SS convertible 8)

220684[/snapback]

Never heard of them. Ill check it out.

Um.........Im having a bit of a problem with this so called argument first there was nothing to argue about, just simple facts. I was just posting on this thread, and next thing I know Im getting attacked because I have no problem with Nickleback...........like, hey, just read back and then explain to me what I said that warranted the &#036;h&#33; written by Yellowjacket ? ? ? ? Maybe Im a little more observant than others but it seems to me theres some bully / anger issues going on with this dude........Like someone needs to get a grip. There was no apology and who wants ones. The attitude and approach of the posts speak for themselves......theres something wrong going on in there.

I sure hope no one would think I'd come home at night to find a speal like that thrown at me and just ignore it......hell with a WTF on the side.

Its still funny as hell though :rolleyes:

now Im moving on.........or so I hope........we'll see

I saw a copy of White Pony last night in Walmart but it said "edited", so I passed, I actually dont know what an "edited" CD sounds like..........what is there a big skip or something........ :scratchchin: There was some Nirvan too but I figured I didnt buy them in the early 90's why start now ? What about "Dragonforce" ? I almost grabed that but was unsure. I have to check tonight but I read Dragon(something or other) was pretty awsome. I just dont want to wind up with some recording thats all growling vocals.

These songs are taking awhile......could someone else check Amazon.com and explain to me why, just this weak, instead of samples simply playing on our windows media player like it was. A little screen pops up and says "connecting" and "done" at the same time and nothing happens, ever. Is it our computer or did Amazon just mutate ?

Well "7 words" just failed.........that was some pretty silly stuff. Good groove, excellent bass lines, great drum cadence in the opening, had some of that limited reach on guitar someone mentioned. The vocalists verse approach sounded a bit like that guy from ......Rage Against the Machine, right ? The "chorus" was really, really, deep, progressive and catchy...... :lol: and the bridge, he wanted someone to die because they didnt know him ? Not really bad, Im just bustin in a critical way, dont think I want to purchase it though.

now loading "Be Quite and Drive"

"Be Quite and Drive" This is more commercial, probably pushed by some producer, he seems stressed about the singing performance. The first guitar change up emphasizes on that Smashing Pumpkins "note", once again the riffs do not reach very far. He can sing but not like Geoff Tate or Ray Alder. I dont understand the little fit in there but he was definantly feeling something. What I like most about this music is the drum groove. The beats uses are much better than constant double bass drum metal and far better than pop metal in my opinion.

Think Ill pop in my Gamalon CD

Well "7 words" just failed.........that was some pretty silly stuff. Good groove, excellent bass lines, great drum cadence in the opening, had some of that limited reach on guitar someone mentioned. The vocalists verse approach sounded a bit like that guy from ......Rage Against the Machine, right ? The "chorus" was really, really, deep, progressive and catchy...... :lol: and the bridge, he wanted someone to die because they didnt know him ? Not really bad, Im just bustin in a critical way, dont think I want to purchase it though. 

now loading "Be Quite and Drive"

220755[/snapback]

No RATM influence what-so-ever, Chino has been doing this since 1988, before the whole "nu-metal" movement....also white pony has maybe 2 curse words in the whole album.

"Be Quite and Drive" This is more commercial, probably pushed by some producer, he seems stressed about the singing performance. The first guitar change up emphasizes on that Smashing Pumpkins "note", once again the riffs do not reach very far. He can sing but not like Geoff Tate or Ray Alder. I dont understand the little fit in there but he was definantly feeling something. What I like most about this music is the drum groove. The beats uses are much better than constant double bass drum metal and far better than pop metal in my opinion.

Think Ill pop in my Gamalon CD

220817[/snapback]

Razor-- do yourself a favor and get In Utero. Crack it open grab the jacket have a seat and actually listen to whats coming out of the speakers. Ypu might be surprised. Then if you like it, check out bleach. You might be able to heat where the sound was coming from... Dont get me started ill be here forecer busll&#036;h&#33;ting about this.

No RATM influence what-so-ever, Chino has been doing this since 1988, before the whole "nu-metal" movement....also white pony has maybe 2 curse words in the whole album.

220837[/snapback]

So if I get white pony over there it wont be all cut up ?

I see that verse approach very similar to RATM either way. I just wanted ot point it out, I was not crying "rip off" or anything.

So "In Utero" is the newest one ? I'll listen to more tomorow night. Those two took awhile.

Then I found a Symphony X and it took along time. This is one type of heavy music I crank out, down in the shop while molesting cars. Michael Romeo plays a larger variety of notes, time signatures and modes in the first 2 1/2 minutes than the entire Nickleback and Nirvana collection put together, but somehow Im alright with that. Russel Allen is considered by their fan base and many to be one of the best vocalists in this genre, but here live and obvoiusly getting older 8) seems to stuggle some for the top of his range and general feel and melody, but.....oh well........the studio recordings are awsome. AND YES this music does give most people headaches, at least thats what they tell me:lol: The anti Grunge, from The Odyssey '02 based on some old writting called "The Odyssey"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...ymphony+X&hl=en

Thanks for the link to this video thing BTW..........I had no idea.