Lambda mini for Chevy and GMC!!

prototype66

Check this out,(credit to Popular Mechanics) a mini on the lambda platform with real form! a great improvement over the (really) outdated uplander that has been dissapointing to say the least. Great clean euro looking sheet metal, vibe style arched roofline and what seems to be great visability.This shot gives us a glimps of what should prove to be a jump into hyperspace for the twin upcoming people movers.It goes without saying that GM will undoubtably have a world class interior as well. Keep your eyes peeled!! 8)

Posted Image

Edited by prototype66

I really don't know what to say when looking at it. Looks very European. Maybe GM is hoping to make these vans global instead of being limited to the North American and Chinese markets.

Upon closer inspection of the van, it appears that this is the GMC version when looking at the grill. I'm sure the Chevy version will have similar styling to the new malibu in the front end.

Though, I think I'll wait and see more spy photos of the vans because something about this vehicle makes me think it may not be a GM product.

quote=Cadillacfan,Nov 15 2006, 03:49 PM]I really don't know what to say when looking at it.  Looks very European.  Maybe GM is hoping to make these vans global instead of being limited to the North American and Chinese markets.

Upon closer inspection of the van, it appears that this is the GMC version when looking at the grill.  I'm sure the Chevy version will have similar styling to the new malibu in the front end.

Though, I think I'll wait and see more spy photos of the vans because something about this vehicle makes me think it may not be a GM product.

216145[/snapback]

Posted Image

Its been said it looks like an Opel

post-78-1163610315_thumb.jpg

Edited by prototype66

I know GM can do some things right-this isn't one of them, though I guess I'd need more views.

Well, I hope you are wrong - we desperately need a fuel efficient 7 passenger truck of some sort NOW. If this is a Chevy Lambda and IF we get it late next year, that would be great. Frankly, this catches us by suprise. The minivan is very important to GM's continued survival in the Canadian market - and I dare say it will become more important in the American market when gas prices soar again.

That arched roofline is worthless in a minivan. Cuts down on the cargo space terribly. I an very disappointed if these reports are true. . .

216158[/snapback]

Not if the arch provides more headroom for the passengers but still having the same amount of cargo space behind the rear seats as any present minivan. Theatre-style seating would require an arch to provide better headroom.

The Quest has had an arched roof and I think it is one of the better looking minivans on the market. It is the type of roof in the Magnum that seriously detracts from interior space.

The last 2 companies have bought minivans instead of panel vans because they use it to move both equipment (whith the seats removed) or people (with all the seating in). So there is definitely a “professional” market out there for it.

I've seen what smallish families can do to a minivan. I have no doubt some families NEED a professional grade minivan too.

Not if the arch provides more headroom for the passengers but still having the same amount of cargo space behind the rear seats as any present minivan. Theatre-style seating would require an arch to provide better headroom.

216163[/snapback]

see QUEST. raise roof + arch = more headroom and cargo room.

edit- carbiz beat me to it.

just looks excessive.

Edited by regfootball

Griffon, are you alluding to a European Ford Galaxy and Renault Espace-type Opel/Vauxhall rival based on the Vectra's Epsilon II architecture? I recommend a Ford S-MAX rival, like a next-generation Signum? Call the Galaxy rival Sintra, style both after Insignia and Antara GTC concept cars. Or is this the real deal?

Griffon, are you alluding to a European Ford Galaxy and Renault Espace-type Opel/Vauxhall rival based on the Vectra's Epsilon II architecture? I recommend a Ford S-MAX rival, like a next-generation Signum? Call the Galaxy rival Sintra, style both after Insignia and Antara GTC concept cars. Or is this the real deal?

217662[/snapback]

that would be great. thegriffon said "there's another minivan....aside from the Chevy fullsize van." I hope this means there is a small fuel efficient van coming, something like the Mazda 5, which I happen to think is a great package. It can be made even better looking and with better engine choices, and crack a segment that is waiting to explode in the U.S. especially when gas prices rise again.

Safari?  :banghead:

216202[/snapback]

In my mind RWD BOF V8 does not make a minivan. If you believe it is then the Savana is all GMC needs. I believe GMC does not need a traditional minivan, a Sienna/Odyssey clone, especially because it has the opportunity to steal sales from the Acadia. The Acadia can be GMC's minivan, IMO. The only thing it is lacking is sliding doors.

Chevy obviously needs a minivan. We can all argue about Buick having one but I believe Saturn would benefit the most from having one and it would have higher sales than a Buick minivan. Chevy can battle the Dodge and Nissan vans, Saturn can go up against the ones with better reputation/higher luxury quotient (Sienna, Odyssey, T&C).

In my mind RWD BOF V8 does not make a minivan.  If you believe it is then the Savana is all GMC needs.  I believe GMC does not need a traditional minivan, a Sienna/Odyssey clone, especially because it has the opportunity to steal sales from the Acadia.  The Acadia can be GMC's minivan, IMO.  The only thing it is lacking is sliding doors.

Chevy obviously needs a minivan.  We can all argue about Buick having one but I believe Saturn would benefit the most from having one and it would have higher sales than a Buick minivan.  Chevy can battle the Dodge and Nissan vans, Saturn can go up against the ones with better reputation/higher luxury quotient (Sienna, Odyssey, T&C).

217985[/snapback]

see my comment above as per why I think GMC needs a minivan on top of the Acadia. As for the sliding door, it comes in handy when you are trying to get boxes in through the side.

Actually Safari had a V-6, and in 1985-89 or so variations, the Iron Duke 2.5-liter I-4 out of the A-Body cars (Celebrity/6000/Cutlass Ciera/Century) as well.