Cadillac cts-v 2009 (spy shots)

dado

Damn, Chris is on fire.

Where are we getting this non-supercharged 4.6L Northstar info for the V-Series? That would likely give it less HP than the current CTS-V.

Also, I don't think a midrange V8 is really needed if we're going to have a 300+HP V6 that will be able to rip the car to 60 in the mid 5-second range.

The CTS-V is going to look totally badass in black.

I like the concept of another CTS-v although I would be fine with a twin turbo direct inject v6.  Lighter on the front end than a nose heavy v8.  The CTSv has not come close to a 50/50 weight dist.....they need to watch that.

201690[/snapback]

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A twin turbo setup is going to need a pretty big intercooler, and all of the tubing, etc., is going to add a lot of weight. I would actually bet that a TT HF V6 would weigh more than a NA 6.2L V8, but if the 6.2 is supercharged and intercooled, then that's going to add a lot of weight too. So, I'd say you'd be at a pretty similar weight.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A twin turbo setup is going to need a pretty big intercooler, and all of the tubing, etc., is going to add a lot of weight. I would actually bet that a TT HF V6 would weigh more than a NA 6.2L V8, but if the 6.2 is supercharged and intercooled, then that's going to add a lot of weight too. So, I'd say you'd be at a pretty similar weight.

201695[/snapback]

unless the turbo's were mounted inplace of the mufflers. like some aftermarket is doing

Maybe compact turbos...like BMW is doing with the 335i..

205941[/snapback]

interesting conjecture.

but i think we can all agree that the possibility of a turbo CTS in the short term is pretty much non-existent.

if BLS comes to market on ep2 with AWD, turbo V6 seems possible given that it's already in the 9-3