Amish School Shooting

ocnblu

And everything that came out today about the shooter... it's so sickening and heartbreaking. His poor wife and kids...

I found out that the shooter and his family were members of a church that a cousin of mine goes to, so I guess she sort of knew the guy. :(

It's really sad because it all seemed to be preplanned. He "took out" some school kids and them kills himself. If someone's not happy, they should just take themselves out....but, no, they feel the need to involve innocent bystanders. I don't know what kind of statement that was supposed to make. Very sad and very wrong.

It just goes to show how you just never know in life. Did people going to work on the subway at 7:30 am on 9/11/01 know what would happen within the next two hours? Could these young kids have ever imagined that the school day would bring this? I pointed out this kind of stuff to my Mom who was procrastinating with her estate plan because she was "cocky" about her good health. You never know. We are all pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, it seems.

The survivors and families need everyone to keep them in their thoughts and prayers.

i find it amazing how the parents have basically forgiven and forgotten already.

no time to grieve or be upset just...god's will i suppose without the slightest sense of resentment. and so soon is what gets me.

i just wonder if they think theyre children were evil or wicked and thats why they were smitten? or (smote)?

Want to know what's even sicker? These cocksuckers wanting to picket outside the funeral...

Westboro "Baptist" Church

201356[/snapback]

There is a motorcycle "gang" that frequently follows the WBC around to the funeral they attend and drown out and visibly block the Phelps gang. It originally consisted of just veterans, but now has grown to a national network of motorcyclists who gather simply to thwart Fred Phelps.

There is a motorcycle "gang" that frequently follows the WBC around to the funeral they attend and drown out and visibly block the Phelps gang. It originally consisted of just veterans, but now has grown to a national network of motorcyclists who gather simply to thwart Fred Phelps.

201669[/snapback]

Yeah, the Reedom Riders. Love those guys.

i find it amazing how the parents have basically forgiven and forgotten already.

no time to grieve or be upset just...god's will i suppose without the slightest sense of resentment. 

201657[/snapback]

Man 'o' man, I would not make a good Amish person at all. I guess I am Sicilian to the bone, meaning that I have to show trespassers where the boundaries are. I am way too vigilant in this regard. I think there's a happy medium, though.

Mr. Krinkle, no, they don't believe their daughters were evil, they just completely believe in what they call "God's will". They firmly believe it is not their place to judge anyone, they believe judgment of others falls on God's shoulders. That is how they immediately and without a thought, forgive and move on.

I am not a particularly religious man, but the serenity with which they've dealt with this unimaginable blow is truly inspiring.

The thing about Westboro is that those people have absolutely no rational or logical thought process. The sad part is that they are infecting their kids with this hatred, kids that could go somewhere in life. I find it hard to even call them human beings.

Fred Phelps and the gang are on the same level as the KKK, Nazis, and the Taliban.

The thing about Westboro is that those people have absolutely no rational or logical thought process.  The sad part is that they are infecting their kids with this hatred, kids that could go somewhere in life.  I find it hard to even call them human beings.

Fred Phelps and the gang are on the same level as the KKK, Nazis, and the Taliban.

201850[/snapback]

its painful to watch those people speak. so closed off and full of mis and disinformation. as an offshoot to a major religion its not hard to imagine the kind of wackjob that started it, and as you say, continues to infect and poison peoples

minds...

blu- i was just speculating. no one understands gods will and cant explain it.

its just accepted. some rationalize it though. either they were wicked, or the it

could be a test of the parents strength, or as a reminder of the evils of the "outside" world...i think most realize it was just some sick son of a bitch

who preyed on an easy target probably because girls gave him a hard time while he was growing up and never adjusted...or is sick in some other way physically or mentally...

and just for your consideration, those attention seeking nutbars who are exploiting this whole situation thought that the guy was doing those girls a favor.

yeah, you believe that $h!? he saved them from the pain of this life, and helped them avoid growing up to be whores and outcasts so when he killed them they wont be subjected to the hottest parts of hell... someone did a good job of scaring the $h! out of those people.