Wall Street Journal review of LS460

Nodnarb

oh, so Lexus is God because they make a car so some fat ass exec doesn't have to park it himself. I suppose this turkey who wrote the article has an espresso machine at home that starts and runs by itself, so Mr. Coffee is going to go under now.

and nowhere does he say, 'and GM pays for a lot of people's health care in this country and toyota does not'.

Edited by regfootball

an autostart espresso machine that runs by itself is one thing, no one is really gonna mind too much if it falters. a car that parks itself is just asking for trouble.

what happens when it starts to get old or if god only knows what else interferes with something like that.

a microwave? a shadow? theres not one electronic product i have that hasnt

given me trouble at some point. but at what cost?

are we trying to make ourselves as people--the human race feeble? whats going on here. why doesnt someone wake up and say what the hell do we need this for instead of praising it as some kind of cure for mankind....oh lordy jebus how in the hell did we ever park a car before now?

there are some things that i dont want a computer to do for me. i bet if this was some sort of sex robot this guy would be thrilled because he didnt have to anything but push some buttons. in the literal sense.

products like this wont bury detroit. this guy is a tw*t. a wanker. some tosser that is licking in all the wrong spots. im sorry i read it.

i cant wait for the first " well it seems as if the auto park assist feature malfunctured and killed a family of four" story to appear.

if this keeps up the next few generations are going to have the most

muscular index fingers and thumbs and not much else.

i saw a guy walk into traffic while playing his psp the other day.

when will this stop?

like people with lexii 4 whatevers drive themselves around anyway.

and if they do an auto parking feature is one more reason why they

shouldnt be.

ok. im done now.

Pass the barf bag

So what if the 380 hp V-8 gets 27 MPG, the 505 HP Zo6 gets 26 MPG

I would love for some one to audit the books at place like the WSJ, Motor Trend, Car and driver, The New York Times Etc... I bet there would lots of payments from Toyota.

198506[/snapback]

The z06 weighs over a 1,000 lbs less.

Pass the barf bag

So what if the 380 hp V-8 gets 27 MPG, the 505 HP Zo6 gets 26 MPG

I would love for some one to audit the books at place like the WSJ, Motor Trend, Car and driver, The New York Times Etc... I bet there would lots of payments from Toyota.

198506[/snapback]

BECAUSE OF GREAT ENGINEERING, YES.

198664[/snapback]

You people take off those GM goggles already, you're comparing two different cars in two drifferent classes... I dunno about you, but I think a business man would love to cruise with his/her associates down Bay St. in a Lexus, rather than in a tight two seater sport's car...

It really ticks me off that the car parks itself. Only cause I'm really sick of people not putting any effort into their driving. Park your f@#king car yourself. I swear, it's one thing to have your car alert you of how close you are to things behind you--it's another to rely on it to drive it for you. I swear, there should be mandatory driving tests everytime you have to renew your license. I guarantee some would fail.

Then again, when it comes to parallel parking, I wonder if you can just put the auto-park feature on during your road test and still pass?

You people take off those GM goggles already, you're comparing two different cars in two drifferent classes... I dunno about you, but I think a business man would love to cruise with his/her associates down Bay St. in a Lexus, rather than in a tight two seater sport's car...

198920[/snapback]

the z06's lack of weight is commendable when you consider that inferior similar cars like the 350z weigh much more and perform far less.

198920[/snapback]

Umm, you just did the same thing you ridiculed them for doing. Obviously a business man isn't going to be driving a Z06 every day, but I know I would sure have a Z06 if I could afford it.

the z06's lack of weight is commendable when you consider that inferior similar cars like the 350z weigh much more and perform far less.

199033[/snapback]

The 350z weighs 160-225 lbs more, and seats 4 with a lot more interior. It also lacks the fiberglass body and costs a heck of a lot less.

The 350z weighs 160-225 lbs more, and seats 4 with a lot more interior. It also lacks the fiberglass body and costs a heck of a lot less.

199133[/snapback]

Since when did the 350Z have four seats? That's news to me. The Z06 also only lacks .3 inches in headroom, offers .5 inches more legroom, 1.6 inches more shoulder room, and .4 inches more hip room. You were saying?

The Z06 is over 5 inches longer and over 4 inches wider. It also has a much bigger engine, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, and a dry sump system that adds a significant amount of weight.

If you want to compare a regular Corvette to the 350Z, then the Corvette still spanks the Z in any performance category, and the price difference is not so great.

This sad little article reads more like a press release from Lexus. I am disappointed. I thought the WSJ was little more "hard news" than this crap.

OH, and didn't VW try out a vehicle a few years back that parked itself?

The lawyers in the STates would crap themselves! Who can you sue if nobody is in the car when it is parking itself?

Since when did the 350Z have four seats? That's news to me. The Z06 also only lacks .3 inches in headroom, offers .5 inches more legroom, 1.6 inches more shoulder room, and .4 inches more hip room. You were saying?

The Z06 is over 5 inches longer and over 4 inches wider. It also has a much bigger engine, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, and a dry sump system that adds a significant amount of weight.

If you want to compare a regular Corvette to the 350Z, then the Corvette still spanks the Z in any performance category, and the price difference is not so great.

199270[/snapback]

Shows you how much I know (and care) about Nissan :AH-HA_wink: