Any Ideas???

american_revolution_2005

My mom is going to move out and we get to keep our house so I want to turn the room that was once promised for me but taken by my aunt and then my mom. I FINALLY get my 2nd room back. This time I want to make it fun. I want to make it have a nostagic look with Hubcaps, etc. Any ideas on what I should use or anyone recommend anyhting or have anyhting laying around. I am already planning a trip to the wrecking yard to find a bench seat to convert into a sofa. I also want to find old license plates. I have some posters to put up as well as car models. I will have a Mopar wall, GM wall and a Ford wall. I tried that in my room and it didnt quite work. Any ideas or what colour would look good because the room is kind of icky now. It is two tone and I dont like it. I also plan to get more tin signs. I have a Mustang one and a Dodge HWY sign. Most of my stuff is Mopar so I need to pick up on the GM stuff. I regret not buying many GM memorablilia but I plan too. ANy ideas or suggestions? The room is 13 by 12 ft so I have quite a bit of room to work with. Any suggestions are welcome!

Start with something like this. I've also seen replicas of C4 and C5 rear bumpers, but I can't find them right now. Heck, you can probably get an actual bumper from the junkyard for around that much.

Then, there's always this

And add a few of these

And add one of the "Service" signs, (Chevrolet Service, Oldsmobile Service, etc). And a replica old-time gas pump.

Guest YellowJacket894

Try the following.

-Walls: White paint works. Or try to find photos of an old service department for some inspiration. Maybe a gallon of GM DuPont paint might do the trick? :scratchchin:

-Floor: What's in there now? Hardwood? Keep it if so. Carpet? Ditch it and find some hardwood or tile. (Just a suggestion. Don't bother with this part if you know it wouldn't work in any way.)

As for everything else, here are a few suggestions.

-Find a wall clock. I have a nostalgic Chevrolet Service Department wall clock myself. The main color is yellow with a aged white ring around it. Try to find something similar.

-Find a calender. Try something nostalgic here, too. I don't know if you can buy a wall calender with cars and pinups, but if you can, go for it.

-Buy a stool. For example, one with a vinyl, automotive-related cover and a chrome frame. It goes with the next suggestion.

-Find something car-related suitable for a desk. Like an old Craftsman toolbox on rollers. The stool will be parked here.

-The bench seat idea, keep it. Interesting idea, here: try to find a bench seat with a 60/40 split, like from a Buick Century or Chevy Impala. The flip down console would be handy for storing something like a T.V. remote control or a bag of Doritos.

-More tin signs. Can't have enough of these. Make sure the number of tin ones outnumber the posters. These things may cost a little, but the price is worth it. These things outlast any paper poster hands down.

-Neon or Lighted Signs: This doesn't have to be auto-related. Hell, I almost purchased an old Exit door sign for twenty bucks once. (Too bad it didn't light up.)

-The old license plates idea is great. :thumbsup:

-Captain Chairs, try to find some. Just single seating to go along with the bench seat.

-How about a picture frame full of assorted car badges? Just a thought.

Let us know how it turns out. 8)

Edited by YellowJacket894

I have to keep it not pricey. I have some Dodge badges. If anybody has some extra badges or anything could you tell me. Any of the Big 3 is perfect. No Japanese allowed. DetroitNut90 that would be great. If anybody else has anything laying around not in use or will never come in use then please tell me. Thanks for the tips. I like that table but all those are still too expensive. I want to go to a Junkyard for a reason, cheap parts. I have a wall clock that I will use. NASCAR lamp. I have 3 car calendars in my room alone as well as one car calendar in my bathroom, ran out of space. I will probably get a desk. Anybody remember how they made that desk on Extreme Makeove:HE? It was built by 2005 Mustang parts and it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. It was the parts from the rear quarter and rear I believe. They got to take parts from the Mustang plant. I want a drafting table though to do my drawings. I will probably just get one of those.

What are your budget constraints? I'm finding some stuff on ChevyMall.com and PontiacMall.com right now that is (relatively) inexpensive. They have a few tin signs and posters/prints from US$15, and you could ask for some of the more expensive items as birthday/Christmas/other gifts.

And if you like the license plates, PM me an adress and I'll see what I can do.

The problem with the Chevy Mall and etc. is that I dont buy online but I would like to. I also dont know if they ship to Canada. I am not American, yet. I will probably end up being a dual citizen like my uncle but oh well. I'll PM you an address later DetroitNut90. Thanks.