Retro

HarleyEarl

Guest YellowJacket894

Wow. Thanks for finding these, Harl. I love this truck. 8)

I know for a fact GM had a solid roof GMT-800 Tahoe Sport mule in development. I just wish I could find the photos.

What kind of other content does NetCarShow.com have?

Wow. Thanks for finding these, Harl. I love this truck. 8)

I know for a fact GM had a solid roof GMT-800 Tahoe Sport mule in development. I just wish I could find the photos.

What kind of other content does NetCarShow.com have?

194477[/snapback]

It's a mix of models, past, present and concepts. Wallpaper sized....nice site for photos.

Guest YellowJacket894

Dart: I'm pretty sure there is a top for the K5 and Blazer concepts in this thread. I can't find one for the K5, but here's a photo that shows that there's a top for the Blazer.

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

It's a mix of models, past, present and concepts.  Wallpaper sized....nice site for photos.

I'm checking it out right now, and I think it's a cool site. I'm bookmarking it. 8)

The K5 was very cool but almost a little too short in wheelbase.

It's amazing how dated this looks now that the 900s are imminent. I'd like to see a two-door 900 Tahoe Z71, but it would have to have a sporty-looking greenhouse, maybe with lift-off hard rear roof sections like the new Wranger, and removable quarter windows.

If I ever take ownership of another SUV again, I'll only do so if it's a 2dr. Both of these are great looking concepts (the K5 more so than the Shark) that should have made production. Hell, if I were running the show, I'd have approced these ahead of the Avalanche at the time.

I honestly wish that the Tahoe would have never entered production and the K5 would have remained. Because if we all think back to yester-year, then we know that the Tahoe was spawned from the K5 (and I personally don't like the Tahoe because it = short-wheel-base Suburban, and what's the point of that?).

I honestly wish that the Tahoe would have never entered production and the K5 would have remained.  Because if we all think back to yester-year, then we know that the Tahoe was spawned from the K5 (and I personally don't like the Tahoe because it = short-wheel-base Suburban, and what's the point of that?).

194870[/snapback]

Completely agree. If I wanted anything the size of the Tahoe, I would just buy a Suburban for the extra space. But, the Tahoe hit the spot for thousands of SUV buyers and couldn't be built fast enough when it debuted. Can't say I understand why those folks bought it instead of the Suburban, but they did. Suburbans are miraculous in how easy they are to drive and park, extremely tight turning radius for such a big vehicle. I don't need one, but I love 'em and would buy one over a Tahoe any day.

That is until they make a 2-door again.

No, no, no 76ChevyTrucker... remember that we are against GM using alphanumerics for any vehicle names. This is regardless of the fact that the original 1969 BLAZER (yup, it had a real name), was also known as the K5 Blazer (4wd, 1/2 ton is what the K5 stands for - which I'm sure you know that already, being a GM truck fan!). With the TrailBlazer soon departing dealership lots, I think "Tahoe" for the 4-door SUV and "Blazer" for the 2-door SUV wopuld be appropriate enough.

And if I haven't said it enough, come on General Motors - bring back these full-size 2-door SUVs again. Even in limited numbers, I'm sure everyone of them built will sell out.

Yeh, but even YOU have to admit that the alphanumeric of K5 DOES have a little warm spot in your heart (Hell, I know it does in mine, I would love to have my friend's 1985 K5 Blazer with its wonderfully fuel-injected 572 rat with 8-71 blower on top running on 33s). I wouldn't mind seeing the Blazer nameplate come back, I really wouldn't and have it be STRICTLY a two-door model, 4wd only, and V8-powered only. But we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Oh, I agree with you that K5 does bring that warm feeling to my heart. But in today's world where every car manufacturer uses alphanumerics for names, it would just blend in with all the other ones. I'd say go for the Blazer name for the Tahoe's 2-door version, and leave Yukon for the GMC version (I mean, can you really see a "Jimmy" being offered again?) or use TED's suggested nameplate - Brigadier.