First Thing I'd Cut

Guest buickman

I can't believe the outrage. If I wanted to piss people off, I'd say cut everything that is not Chevrolet and Cadillac. If you can turn Pontiac into an all RWD BMW-style performace company, keep it, otherwise, axe. After the initial cost of closing dealers, its hard to see how this wouldn't be profitable for GM. They'd have a mainline brand, a luxury division, and a RWD performace car division. That would be what I'd suggest if I wanted to piss people off. I actually like the Buick brand historically, and the Lucern is, in fact, a nice peice of work. Saturn has done nothing to move me, 30 years ago, it was called Oldsmobile, and GMC has always sruck me as redundant to a fault, even though it has its fans.My point, for those of you who haven't had a stroke reading the first paragraphs, is I've seen little in the way of actual arguments against Buickman. Mostly its been the "Buickman must die!" vein. And some people seem to have rose colored glasses about the state of GM. I'm for turning GM around. I think every aspect of the company must be looked at for possibilities of returning to profitability. But I think the bottom line must be, we gotta get people to buy our cars. If people buy the cars, you don't have change your brands at all. Right now, not enough people want to buy the cars, and its hard to see the resources needed to build 8 distinct products that people will want to buy.

Guest buickman

Sounds to me like Buickman can't meet the SFE! There for no one should have a shot.????? :wacko:

199853[/snapback]

At Suski we made SFE each month and quarter and will soon be collecting the payoff. My point is that the program is a complete waste of corporate resources in a time when capital is needed for product development. Additionally, GM needs to keep out of retail and let the dealers do what they do best.

Buickman

the voice...

GM needs to keep out of retail and let the dealers do what they do best.

Buickman

the voice...

199866[/snapback]

On the same note, maybe you should stick to retail and keep out of the business of building cars.

WCCPSGM, most of us here are just tired of the broken record that is BM. All he ever seems able to do is badmouth GMs management. Most of us know and understand that GM is still struggling but can see the progress being made. If he would concede that just possibly Rick & Company just might be doing the right thing but things could be improved, more people would be willing to listen to him. But to continue the insults and insisting that only his plan can save GM is old and will continue to erase whatever credibility he might have once had. Further to even suggest that an investor like Kerkorkian has GMs long term future in mind and those working at GM want to destroy it is disingenious. But, he'll continue as long as he lives. I can easily see him walking down the street mumbling to himself, "It's the Plan, the Plan is right, the Plan is good, Wagoner is evil, I know it, now to find the mind control crystal."

Guest buickman

Bottom line is that Wagoner and Company have absolutely no clue about how to sell cars. That is exactly why we have been cutting employees by the tens of thousands for decades now. The lack of understanding has cost us divisions, assets, our credit rating, and very soon our status as the world's largest automaker. In fact, a strong case can be made that these inept individuals at GM have done serious harm to the entire social and economic fabric of America. The insular stupitidy at the top of GM guarantees they'll never listen, not even to their very best salesman.

Buickman

the voice...

Guest buickman

I would not buy a micro-RC car from an arrogant tosser like you.

199960[/snapback]

You don't have to do business with me, agree with me, or even like me. Feel free to challenge me, correct me, or ignore me. All I expect is that you save the childish insults, they make you look bad. That aside, welcome to Cheers and Gears.

Buickman