Is It Wrong. . .

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

You guys wouldn't kill me if I put a 2006 C6 steering wheel (with a GMC logo in the center since I am installing an Envoy bumper with Sonoma lamps and grille) and shift knob and boot in my truck, right?

Guest YellowJacket894

This is the wheel I'm talking about, by the way.

Posted Image

Also, will a 4.3 V6 work with the transmission in the 2.2L equipped trucks?

Edited by YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Woah down... You're thinking big for a beat up old S10. :P

192780[/snapback]

You have to when it's in the state it's in now. <_<

:D :AH-HA_wink:

Seriously, though, if I don't get those seats out of there by next year, I'm going to faint behind the wheel. Damn, I wish there was a way you guys could smell the inside of that truck. :puke:

Guest YellowJacket894

Okay, I just checked and the transmission in Yellowanorexorcistjacket's truck is an NV1500, which was used only with the 2.2 and no one makes an adapter to mate the 4.3 to it, so he is out of luck there.

However, the NV3500 manual used behind the 4.3 in 1988 and up trucks. So if you wanted to swap in a 4.3, you would have to get the dfferent engine as well as all the related wiring as well and the NV3500 manual transmission behind it. Best of all, this is all bolt in, so nothing has to be modified.

Damn. I really got boned on this truck. The cost of a new engine and transmission is, well, just. . . :banghead:

But it's good to know that I can put another engine in it if I have the money without any pain.

I guess I'll know if another engine is going in after the truck gets stripped down and painted.

Guest YellowJacket894

Sweet, Blu. I'll try to find a salvage yard special S-10 with a six and a stick, maybe. . . :scratchchin:

If you want to see the &#036;h&#33;-Dime yourself, go look in the Member's Rides section.

It's your truck.... either one will work so long as you're happy.

LEDs are a great way to customize AND increase safety.

I'm a big fan of LEDs simply because they last longer and when one lighting element burns out you're still going to be casting a shadow back there because you don't have a "bulb" per-se. And be glad you haven't been thinking about LED's for as long as I have. I looked into getting the six (yes, I said 6) LED lights for the tail of my truck and they were roughly 100 a piece, but the price has come down nicely with time.

Guest YellowJacket894

That would look pretty cool, 76. 8)

Regardless if I manage to get another vehicle, I'm putting some work into my S-10. I'd like to drive this truck for another 100,000 miles.

Oh, another part of the truck is FUBAR: the wipers. They won't shut off. The chintsy switch at the end of the stalk is busted now. To turn them off, I have to pull the fuse.