PHRUQQING COMPUTERS!

regfootball

Haven't been able to get sound out of my iTunes for videos for quite awhile now.

My DVD burner is hosed in every application.

Trying to get into explorer is a 30 second to 1 minute debacle.

I downloaded new iTunes7 today, thinking it would solve the sound problem.

NO.

I am incensed, and tired of windows and their shetty operating system.

C'mon people, show your hate for Windows, and computers in general. Other digital devices are fair game too.

hmm... I have no complaints towards windows. My computer starts up in 20 secnonds flat. so at 20 seconds from the push of the on button i can bee on C and G's homepage. no lag no ticking from the the computer. All my programs start up fast and easy. no wait. My playlist from Shareaza plays crystal clear. so i dont have complaints.

I spent a bloody fortune on my computer last September to upgrade it. It works fine; however, I can't figure out how to copy, paste or post pictures on C&G - it just doesn't work Nor can I figure out why I have some pictures blocked and all of the emoticons, etc. My computer at work has none of those problems. Probably to do with my Norton settings.

I threw my Lexmark computer down the garbage chute (satisfying crashing for 26 floors) last October when it continuously jammed. My HP printer is faster, better and uses half the ink. (shoulda smashed it sooner!)

what kind of computer do you have? and do you know the proceesor speed?

192688[/snapback]

homebuilt/barebones kit amd 2.something ghz AMD with 1 gig of ram. 3 years old. 2 hard drives totalling 200gb. SB audigy sound card with digital and analog audio in and out and ATI All in wonder video card with TV tuner and remote. Win XP home (upgrade) w SP2. DVD-Rom and DVD+-R drives. Ipod dock, 9 in one media reader through USB. USB printer and mouse. Keyboard is PS2.

You know I installed a new direct x and new sound card drivers and I'll be frikking damned, i have video with sound now in Itunes and I just burned a disc in I tunes too!

Now I'm gonna try the DVD ripper again and see if it works. It hasn't worked for like a month.

I've been DYING to get a MAC. And a new video Ipod. I know its throwing money away but the Imacs and mac minis are so nice. I want a new video Ipod too to rip videos to Itunes. Apple just put out new Imacs again last week so I have been drooling. I looked at the new 24" iMac today. BIG ASS SCREEN.

Or I could just buy a new copy of windows and wipe this beeoch clean and start over. I'd get media center. But then its almost like 200 bucks wasted.

Edited by regfootball

Media Center is NOT 200 bucks wasted. NEVER say Media Center is 200 bucks wasted!

I have it on my Laptop, and it's awesome to record crap on here instead of using VHS tapes. No more having to rotate that EFFING tracking button.

192823[/snapback]

my ATI video card software did what media center does now, like 4-5 years ago. no pay esstra

Windows XP has never crashed on me, never froze either. If you want reliable version of windows make sure to use 2000 or XP, but avoid at all costs ME...blue screen of death is bad...

I built my computer, I had some issues with the original motherboard (never buy Chaintech), so a year later I replaced with an ABIT and I haven't had problems since. i also have a gig of ram and an upgaded graphics card running with an Althon XP (AMD rocks, f@#k Intel). Anyway, I love my comp, it runs great and is very fast.

Media Center is a waist money, ATI TV Wonder does the same stuff for a hell of a lot less.

Also, Macs suck.

Edited by Dodgefan

homebuilt/barebones kit amd 2.something ghz AMD with 1 gig of ram.  3 years old.  2 hard drives totalling 200gb.  SB audigy sound card with digital and analog audio in and out and ATI All in wonder video card with TV tuner and remote.  Win XP home (upgrade) w SP2.  DVD-Rom and DVD+-R drives.  Ipod dock, 9 in one media reader through USB.  USB printer and mouse.  Keyboard is PS2.

You know I installed a new direct x and new sound card drivers and I'll be frikking damned, i have video with sound now in Itunes and I just burned a disc in I tunes too!

Now I'm gonna try the DVD ripper again and see if it works.  It hasn't worked for like a month.

I've been DYING to get a MAC.  And a new video Ipod.  I know its throwing money away but the Imacs and mac minis are so nice.  I want a new video Ipod too to rip videos to Itunes.  Apple just put out new Imacs again last week so I have been drooling.  I looked at the new 24" iMac today.  BIG ASS SCREEN.

Or I could just buy a new copy of windows and wipe this beeoch clean and start over.  I'd get media center.  But then its almost like 200 bucks wasted.

192805[/snapback]

That's basically the system I have, and I love it. Although I do love that Mac went Unix-based, so I can get my beloved Unix prompt, I still don't see any real reason to choose it over Windows and Linux, dual booted, as I have now.

I miss the Blue Screen of Death, Viva Windows 98.

192839[/snapback]

i've seen at least one on XP.... on my system...

no real problems with my compy or windows.  It's a DIY job with an Athlon XP 3200+ processor.  Unfortunately, only 512m ram - the other 512 stick crapped out on me.  <_<

192851[/snapback]

your ram prolly came w/ a life time warranty... or buy one that's the same and send the dead one back :lol:

asus mobo, 2600+ XP proc, ocz psu, 2x512 mushkin ram, SATAs 160gb hitatchi and 250gb seagate, dvd-rom and one burner,...used to have my 9600 AIW in but uped to a x800pro, and a wifi card... never given me expensive($ or time) problems other than crashes in civ4 for not enough V.ram

You're thinking P IV.  Celerons are newer than PIII.

193286[/snapback]

Last I checked, the Celeron name was first used on a completely stripped down Pentium II with no cache (Celeron 266, codename Covington). The name is still used today for stripped down value processors, based on Pentium 4s. The Celeron I mentioned here is a stripped down Pentium III.

http://www.cpu-world.com/info/Intel/Celeron-vs-Pentium.html