GM 8-Speed Automatic?

HarleyEarl

yea, what a novel idea......something GM's OHV engines have always had

it is good to see DOHC finally comming around, about time. To bad they need low finals and extre gears to prove it............ :lol:

202238[/snapback]

You are so totally clueless, it's not even funny.

I truly feel sorry for you....

People on here with any smidgeon of knowledge of what the real world is like outside of the General Motors unbrella knows and understands the points I've been making.

Your posts that I've read don't even make any sense relative to my comments...

If MAYBE you had significant experience with non-GM products maybe you'd realize the difference in power delivery between GM's pushrod V6s (which most assuredly DON'T "rip to the redline") and most import engines.

Get your head out of your ass.......

:lol: whats in whos ass ?

Anyhow Im not clueless in the slightest bit. Nor am I inexperienced with all the different engine designs. Your just such an easy pick with your one sided, have "credentials", "what I say is gospel", "not opinion", "no compromise". "not two sides to every coin" attitude.

1. DOHC in most but not all cases has just finally come around in the torque department............FACT !

2. DOHC has always required a lower final drive.........FACT !

3. DOHC has in most but not all cases finally come around in the gas mileage department........FACT !

4. All domestic OHV V8's and V6's have always had more torque than horse power.....FACT !

5. This (#4) has been changed in recent years where HP now mostly matches the lowered torque values of said engines....FACT !

6. Anyone that doesnt understand this statement or see where it is reletive to your comment is clueless and sad......FACT !

Is the "absolute powerhouse off the line" one of those low final drive ratio, close ratio multi speed tranny cars ? If Im not mistaken that would actually prove my point, they kinda need this extra edge, Anyone that pays attention will alway notice a low final ratio on the OHC engines compared to the OHV engines.........you'll never hear them refer to it however. I am glad to see DOHC is finally getting more comparable mileage these days...HP/gallon ratio, if positive, negates lower final drive ratio needed to get performance out of DOHC engines. Efficiency is all that matters in this department.

I did just simply ask a question and then made some true comments concerning the matter........no answer

I did just simply ask what these number/letter cars or engines your throwing at me were........no answer

I realize others should be impressed with your shunning and ignoring me for not knowing.......but Im not....Im not here for a fan club. I never assumed most here would or should automatically know what I was talking about when I say L27, LG3, L32, LN7.......even LS7 for that matter.

I remember the time I commented/complimented after you bought your C6. I said something regarding myself also being the proud owner of the same family tree. You asked with interest what I owned, obviously expecting C4 or C5 but when I said "no I have a L67 powered Olds" you ended the conversation right there, I was not worthy............ :lol: So funny being how just a few weeks prior I got out of our LSS and straight into my buddys C5 6 speed and took it for a spin. All the while not believeing how similar both cars felt in power delievery as well as steering and seating ergonomics. No learning curve what so ever, one could easily teel they were built within the same company under the same set of values. Same strong torque pull, bla bla bla. He also has an A6, sold his 84ish 560? SLC, and just replaced that with a 535 or some such 5 series car for his girlfriend. He doesnt look down his nose at my LSS, in fact he likes it, but can afford big dollar AWD cars for his girl and goes that route. ........His work trucks ? New....... every 3-4 years...fully loaded Silverados...cash... Oh and he says the 535 is a little in his words "gutless" compared to the A6 but has more newer features. He would have picked another BMW but it was for her not him...

This actually isnt a friend, I have known him my whole life, he is more on brother status. We fight, we laugh, we argue, we agree.. His Mom and mine were best friends in school and that is how we ended up growing up on the same street. Still not clueless but do enjoy a good laugh.

So funny being how just a few weeks prior I got out of our LSS and straight into my buddys C5 6 speed and took it for a spin. All the while not believeing how similar both cars felt in power delievery as well as steering and seating ergonomics. No learning curve what so ever, one could easily teel they were built within the same company under the same set of values.

Funny I noticed the same relationship between my buddies Lexus SC 400 and my '64 Dodge Dart. :AH-HA_wink:

Funny I noticed the same relationship between my buddies Lexus SC 400 and my '64 Dodge Dart.    :AH-HA_wink:

203067[/snapback]

If thats the way you want to see it and present it to others..........good for you

Myself I think thats a streach and my comparision is in no way a streach.

If thats the way you want to see it and present it to others..........good for you

203085[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with your comparison, nor mine. The question is how significant these comparison are to others. Of course I once spent 20 minutes staring at the panel gaps on a Saturn sedan trying to figure out the significance to that.

203085[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with your comparison, nor mine. The question is how significant these comparison are to others. Of course I once spent 20 minutes staring at the panel gaps on a Saturn sedan trying to figure out the significance to that.

you said

same relationship between a new Lexus and 64 Dart as a late 90's vintage GM luxury sports sedan to a late 90's GM sports car. Sorry but a slant 6 Dart to a Lexus does not equal a supercharged LSS to a LS1 C5. The similarities in characteristic between the two cars was remarkable as well as surprising to me and no one would have a bit of problem seeing that they both came from the same stable. I somehow dont think one could mistake your hoax as stable mates.

For me the ultimate GM two car garage from the late 90's would be a LSS for the serious stuff and a C5 for the fun summer days. One could comfortably jump from one car to the other and feel right at home.

Uh......we have an '06 X5 right now.....and it's a small V8, 4.4 litres.....and it's an absolute powerhouse right off the line.

But you know what else?  It rips to redline very quickly as well.

202127[/snapback]

My manager has an '02 X5..pretty sweet wagon.. I've ridden in it a couple of times, driven it once...I love the interior design and the exterior, very smooth driving.. he bought as a certified pre-owned... I'm thinking of trading my '00 Grand Cherokee on one, maybe an '04 or '05.