BEEF JERKY

regfootball

oh my sweet stick of meat, you are such wholesome goodness.

meat, on demand, and SALTY.

Will it ever go bad?

If I want, you can SPICE IT UP.

sometimes in order for it to go down, you gotta chew it till your jaw hurts.

I AM A CARNIVORE.

c'mon C & G'ers let's have some love for BEEF JERKY!

what is your favorite brand / kind?

Edited by regfootball

Please don't tell us you looked down to write that first sentence, reg.

I am a jerky fan as well... however, I cannot follow FDA guidelines for serving size... I usually end up eating the whole damn bag at one sitting. Therefore I only buy it every few months.

I don't have a favorite brand, but I like the teryaki (sp?) flavor.

I am a jerky fan as well... however, I cannot follow FDA guidelines for serving size... I usually end up eating the whole damn bag at one sitting.  Therefore I only buy it every few months.

189997[/snapback]

Wait... you're not supposed to? :blink:

anybody ever ate Sturgis Jerky? that is the best stuff...they dont sell it east of the missippi though i think most of the time....that stuff is processes in Sturgis, SD 8 miles away...

Please don't tell us you looked down to write that first sentence, reg.

I am a jerky fan as well... however, I cannot follow FDA guidelines for serving size... I usually end up eating the whole damn bag at one sitting.  Therefore I only buy it every few months.

I don't have a favorite brand, but I like the teryaki (sp?) flavor.

189997[/snapback]

just to confirm, i did not look down. :P

the stuff i (can afford to) buy is at the local grocery store and is called 'world kitchens' or something. its 8 bucks for a one pound bag and its really good. and its tender, not that hard to chew. the last couple bags i bought were 'peppered' and the hot stuff (with crushed red pepper and hot sauce flavor). both are excellent. their teriyaki is alright and the plain stuff is very good.

i've had 'jalapeno' flavored jerky before and its different than the hot version i mentioned above. I'm not big on Jalepeno flavored jerky, even though i like the peppers myself.

the one pound bag, its big enough so you HAVE to do more than one sitting. I try to make it in one though!

only downfall to the WK jerky, i think it might be imported. I should dbl check that.

Edited by regfootball

• 2 months later...

big NO-NO this evening. went to the grocery store for 'a couple of things' when i was hungry.

came back with many things, including two pounds of some world kitchens beef jerky!

OH MY GOD it hit the spot. First, peppered. Then, hot and spicy. nothing else for dinner except a big meat explosion!

I LOVE BEEF JERKY!

I love beef jerky. For that matter any kind of jerky... My grandparents make killer deer jerky using a family recipie they developed years ago. It's really good and it has a pretty considerable popularity amongst the locals (unfortunately, they wont shut up asking me for it). lol.