Software or website to download music?

pow

Any suggestions? Preferably legally, if such a thing exists.

189244[/snapback]

The only way I know to legally download music is if you pay for it. In that case, you can pay $0.99/song in iTunes. I think Yahoo was trying to do some sort of music service (dunno if they're still doing it or if it's complete--heard about this a long while ago).

A popular software for downloading songs illegally is LimeWire.

If you do download LimeWire... just try not to go nuts on the site... like downloading 50 songs in one shot. You're surely to get noticed if you do that. A song a day or per week is nothing, and you'll probably never get noticed.

possibly best way to do it is through the indie sites that are free... not sure of any off hand,

if i was to do that, look for a torrent client you like, list here, and use a site like thepiratebay.org maynot have thing you want, but has TONS of other things to d/l

also, they have stuff in albums , not individual songs

shareaza is the best in my book. http://www.Shareaza.com

From what i know its legal to download things as long as you dont not give them away or sell them. so its like personal use only. Since i get games this way. like Toca 3 NFS most wanted and so on.

just be smart dont download files that are less than 1mb or ones that suspicous names in it like the following XXX, Crack, EXE, full, naked those are most likely viruses.

There's BitTorrent, which is excellent if you want to download complete albums. No, it's not legal, BUT, it uses a decentralized system, so it's tricky for the authorities to nab you.

Full CD's often have very good to excellent quality (192-320kbps)

A program I recommend and use is Azereus.

Edited by Captainbooyah

i find torrents hard to use for small files like that of music. Torrents are great for big files tho like games and programs.

about getting a whole album tho somtimes there is no breaks between songs tho so you cant skip some songs.

I haven't had those problems before, but I'll take your word for it.

There's also another way to get files that doesn't use a file-sharing or P2P program.

It's called www.projectw.org

This place also has full albums plus pretty much any program you can think of.

I've had good luck there too.

I haven't had those problems before, but I'll take your word for it.

There's also another way to get files that doesn't use a file-sharing or P2P program.

It's called www.projectw.org

This place also has full albums plus pretty much any program you can think of.

I've had good luck there too.

189312[/snapback]

hmm... I will have to check that out somtime. How are the download speeds?

Guest YellowJacket894

www.mp3$h!s.com has a few good downloads of popular music, if that's your speed.

I use Azureus to download albums (although I download them a song at a time) in mp3 torrent format.

with shareaza you connect to all p2p networks. G1, G2, Edonkey, Emule, bearshare, limewire, all of them just go to Network then choose Networks and click on edonkey then click G1. Then you connect to the biggest illegal file sharing network ever lol.