fake money

capriceman

Ever used fake money?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Ever used fake money?

• Yes
    • No
    • Whaa...????

yeah so i go to pay for some stuff at a store and they run that crazy marker over and it comes up that color when the money is fake? That made a very intresting hour.

I tried but the cashier didn't think the "Land of Parker Brothers' " currency was any good here.

I was even willing to trade Pensylvania Railroad AND a get out of jail free card for that slurpee.

But I have used Canadian Tire money to pay for stuff at places other than Canadian Tire.

Yep-starting to see that more and more around here...

But than again Cman- can it surprise you that it comes from the state with the

highest unemployment rate? :(

Someone around here needs to make the money... :lol:

Better yet-they just nailed someone in NOS's home town for bleaching bills... :huh:

I guess NOS was really saving for his new camaro... :yes::lol:

I was at a J-Body Bash in Ohio a couple of years ago and some douche broke into my car and took my daytimer, which had C-Tire money and my personal cheques in it. The cops found it in a dumpster a couple of days later. Seems the thief decided to take the Crappy Tire money, but leave the cheques. :stupid:

Woulda LOVED to see the look on his face when he tried to exchange it

:lol:

I bought a big bag of washers at a garage sale for $3.00 that were the same size as quarters and I didn't pay for a single pop machine pop or arcade game for a solid month.

187217[/snapback]

Wow... that's awsome. Neer tried it, you must have

lucked out on the exact size/weight. Rock on!

lol thats very true dave.

hmmm.. i wish i had a couple of those washers to try out. since i have an old pinball machine in my basement. and after partys there is some wierd crap peopl try to fool the money sensor in there. i havent found anything yet that fooled it yet. but the thing is a 79' so it bet its easier to beat then the newwer laser/electronic sensors.

yeah so i go to pay for some stuff at a store and they run that crazy marker over and it comes up that color when the money is fake? That made a very intresting hour.

186741[/snapback]

Depending on the condition of the money, the marker test is not the most accurate way to tell if the money is real or not. There are these light scanners now for the newer bills. If you pass the part with the little strip inside the money under the light, it will show up as a certain color. We have them here at the bank.

The reason that marker is not always accurate is because sometimes money gets washed, gets doused in some kinda of chemical by accident, etc.. This can throw off the chemical reaction that causes the marker's chemicals to come up as the wrong color. That is why most banks (around here anyways) no longer go by the marker.