Who Would You Rather Listen To?

NOS2006

Huh? Who...?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Huh? Who...?

• Pink and Jewel (because I'm a fairy)
    • Nickelback and Default (because I'm a tool)

Nickleback songs all sound the same. And since I'm from Vancouver, I have had people ask me just how much I love them, think they're awesome, etc. and look almost shocked when I say I don't like them... at all.

I guess it's from owning all the Van Halen albums.

Hah... Nickelback is like the Kia of rock. :P Ew.

186243[/snapback]

I wish I could offend your car somehow and call it a Kia, but alas, I like Mazdas.

As far as the choices presented go, Nickelback was fine until they started getting over exposed. The more you hear their songs (photograph and Rock Star are the two most recent) the more they sound like unoriginal product musicians. Same really with Pink, but her stuff is at least slightly original.

Jewel on the other hand is good to listen to if you're in the right mindset.

Ich esse deine Kinder! :angry:

186254[/snapback]

Again, what is this Deutsch you are spouting?

I would rather listen to Tom Leykus! He is not on the choice list. He is such a combative a-hole.

Hey, I like Pink...she's got attitude.

And I resemble that comment about being a fairy.............!

I voted NB/Default, but I probably should give a more detailed beakdown:

Nickelback: Their stuff that doesn't make it to Top40 radio is a lot better than the stuff that does. The Squizz channel on XM plays a lot of their older stuff.

Default I don't know too much about them to make an informed opinion, except for that song "Wasting My Time", which I can listen to without wanting to blow my head off now that it's run its course.

Jewel The folk-ish stuff that she did early on was some of the most unique stuff done by a mainstream female artist. The new stuff I can do without.

Pink I hate manufactured anti-pop as much as I do manufactured pop. But I do remember her doing a nice cover of "Janie's Got a Gun" at the Aerosmith MTV Icon show a few years back. Good talent, it seems, but too willing to let others chart her career path.

Of those choices, I could only listen to Jewel without feeling melancholy over losing those minutes of my life. See...the other choices just suck. And I'm not voting for Jewel since apparently she comes prepackaged with white trash skank Pink.

I'd listen to Pink/Jewel before Nickleback and whoever else was listed, but, Nickleback sounds all the same, and that is to say, like crap. Um, yeah, try a little harder on that song, that's really what it needs... more effort.

To Pink and Jewel I say

I like the way you just say please

when your lookin up at me

your like my favorite damn disease

I have only heard the few Pink and Jewel songs that got air play but then probabably not, being how I rarely listen to "pop" radio...............

Nicklelbacks got groove, riff, lyrics and kick............but the man is trapped

I have no idea who Default is ? Should I be ashamed ? Fairly new ? I have not been listening to any commercial radio much in the past 2 years. or ever really.

I listened to Bluegrass Saturday..........................and enjoyed it........ :stupid: Jazz today......... :) Tomorrow I could be crankin old Metal again........

I love Nikleback's ANIMALS but Jewel's not bad either.

Yes I'm a straight male and I listen to Jewel... B.F.D.

I voted "I'm a tool" however since I'm more into jock

rock than some Pop-B.S. like Pink.

Kid Rock--Because I'm delusional white trash

186250[/snapback]

Can you keep Josh out of thread for once...? <_<

Nickelback is like your mother's generic tampon's or father's generic fungal creme. It's not as good as the real stuff and the only reason people like it is because they are manipulated to. And it's just not the same. It's like Ashley Simpson of rock. :P

Oh... and how exactly is Pink poppy white trash? She is actually worth listening to unlike Spears or Agulara. She is like the the opposite of them. She's barely even pop. She pretty much doesnt fit one genre. She has soul and writes her own stuff and she incorporates her life into her music. She's a true writer who happens to sing and got caught up in pop in her earlier years. I have her "Dear Mr. President" as my myspace song even. So stop the hate on her and steer it towards Nickelback, which is what low-lifes listen to. :D

In December of 1980 John Lennon was shot & killed. :(

In December of 1999 George Harrison was stabbed. :(

Now it's August of 2006 & Sean Paul is still alive??? :angry:

Proof that psychos & schizophrenics have HORRIBLE taste in music!

Wheres Meatloaf and Rush?

186723[/snapback]

:metal:

I could do the whole musical genetic tree leading up to and beyond Rush and Meatloaf............but it would be off topic and take up an entire page.

Anyhow thats the style of rock/metal that my preference has followed.

Still though when it comes to commercial hard drivin rock...............Nickelback kicks butt, so get in get in

Irrelevent reply:

Metallica,.... Megadeth, Slayer

+

Iron Maiden, Gorgasm, Necrophagist, ect...

But if I had to choose.. I'd say Nickelback and Default... (even though I've never heard of Default before now)

Edited by Decka

I picked Nickelback, but only because I don't like Pink. Never heard a song by Default before...well I might have but I wouldn't know it. I actually have Nickelback's first CD...'The State' or something...and it's ok, but I pretty much bought it for the song "Breathe." Most of the songs on there are mediocre...3 Doors Down came out with 'The Better Life' around the same time, and it was so much better. For me, Nickelback can be summed up with "heard one song...you've heard 'em all." The guy has a decent voice, but the musical compositions are so dull and boring. Someone looped two of their later hit songs on top of one another, and it was pretty much the same thing with different lyrics. Cookie-cutter rock.

Now, for modern rock, Soilwork and Sevendust are where it's at. Avenged Sevenfold has some pretty good melody, but the vocalist has a weak, emo-ey sounding voice that doesn't fit with the rest of the music on their most recent album...they should've stuck with the screaming. Nevermore is awesome, and Iced Earth is probably my favorite "modern" band, even though they've been around for a little while. Ra is another good band that was popular my freshmen year in college but everyone seems to have forgotten now.

Now, for modern rock, Soilwork and Sevendust are where it's at.  Avenged Sevenfold has some pretty good melody, but the vocalist has a weak, emo-ey sounding voice that doesn't fit with the rest of the music on their most recent album...they should've stuck with the screaming.  Nevermore is awesome, and Iced Earth is probably my favorite "modern" band, even though they've been around for a little while.  Ra is another good band that was popular my freshmen year in college but everyone seems to have forgotten now.

187766[/snapback]

Are you sure you're listening to A7X then? Weak emo voice? That's not what I hear.

Guest YellowJacket894

Are you sure you're listening to A7X then? Weak emo voice? That's not what I hear.

187946[/snapback]

What I hear are some pretty stupid lyrics.

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man...

Caught here in a fiery blaze, I won't lose my will to stay.

I tried to drive all through the night,

the heat stroke ridden weather, the barren empty sights.

No oasis here to see, the sand is singing deathless words to me.

Chorus

Can't you help me as I'm startin' to burn (all alone).

Too many doses and I'm starting to get an erection.

My cock and balls are leaving me on my own (all alone).

No one will blow me and you know I don't want the attention.

As I to adjust to my new sights the rarely tired lights will take me to new heights.

My hand is on the penis I'm ready to ignite.

Tomorrow might not make it but everything's all right.

Mental fiction follow me; show me what it's like to be set free.

Chorus

So sorry you're not here I've been sane too long my vision's so unclear.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem.

Caught here in a fiery blaze, won't lose my will to stay.

These eyes won't see the same, after I Flip today.

Sometimes I don't know why we'd rather live than die,

we look up towards the sky for answers to our lives.

We may get some solutions but most just pass us by,

don't want your absolution cause I can't make it right.

I'll make a beast out of myself, gets rid of all the pain of being a man.

Chorus

So sorry you're not here I've been sane too long my vision's so unclear.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem.

I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart.

Scared but you can follow me I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sorry, BV. But I just don't understand why a band would resort to writing songs about blue balls, vasectomies, and castrations. :D

187946[/snapback]

I've only heard a little by them, but the song Bat Country is a good example...maybe emo wasn't the right comparison, but his voice sounds weak. There's no depth. The screaming they did on the older albums was better, even though I usually don't like screaming in songs.

Yea, I guess that guy dont have much going on......................... :lol:

The harder these guys try to be "creative" because all the good lyrics have already been writtin, the more like bad comedians they sound. I think thats why they began getting into that "hardcore" growling bull&#036;h&#33;..........some form of creativity............some form ?

At least Kroger can put together some interesting stories and phrases combined with hard drivin' riffs. So he writes some super commercial songs too, the masses love them, hes not stupid. Hes only doing what the rest of us do, go to work and do the same thing day in and day out, write catchy songs with meanings most of us can relate to.

I can think of very few bands that are not predictable within themselves. Many of the bands mentioned here. VanHalen, you could hear the latest Eddie riff and say yep, thats Eddie, thats cool, thats different, but its still Eddie, you could predict the solo, the changup, everything. James Hetfields vocal approach is so predictable same as the riffs. Take Dream Theater, what I believe are the most educated and skilled musicians in the business for the past 2 decades and you just know what they are going to do next. My Daughter has that Evanesence CD and the other songs are just more of her...its that simple.

Iron Maiden, Rush, Meatloaf, Savatage...........many of my favorites, just write new songs, new riffs, new lyrics that are really more of the same thing. You would need to be a musician with multiple personalities but then in the end you would only have 5 different approaches to the same way of expressing yourself(s).

Beethoven, sounds like Beethoven

Bach, sounds like Bach

Mozart, sounds like Mozart

and Chuck Berry made them all roll over, and over, and over, and over

so get over it !............................. :lol: