I just told my cousin off...

He started talking to me on MSN saying I need to get a reality check and take things seriously or I won't get my licence. I told him that I take things seriously and that he needed a reality check. He was the one doing 90 in a 60 on a windy road in a Golf and he was the one starting to swerve on purpose too scare his mom. He is becoming a real asshole like his father who also needs a reality check. He doesn't realize that he was moved to be a Service receptionist because he was not doing the job right and criticizing the other mechanics who were doing a by far better job than he was. He still thinks he is a big shot but our friend who is a salesperson told us why he was moved. he is also the one who keeps on saying I will never make it into car design. So what if I don't, at least I tried. I least I wasn't being an asshole like him. Both need a reality check and my aunt was telling me the same. Well, I wasnt the one who got into an accident three times. I told my cousin if you don't think I should be on the road, then get the $% off of it because I am coming. I told him that I have been taking things seriously. I have contacted Ralph Gilles and talked to him in person on the phone about my career. I am also the one who has done research on the college I want to go to and what I want to do with my life. I have wanted to be a car designer for about 9 years now. When I went ot Nova Scotia, I brought my portfolio of designs to show my relatives because they were curious on how I had progressed since I hadn't seen them in 7 years. I have a portfolio assembled and have been filling it up for a while now, because I am not being serious. I bring it everywhere with me. I brought it down to Woodward. I left it in our truck so if I ever needed to show it I would be prepared. I always bring a pencil and paper wherever I go because I am not being serious. In my opinion, he needs a reality check and to take his drivers test over. I know all the rules and what not to do. He just criticizes me because my parents won't let me even practice because they don't trust other drivers. They also dont want me scratching up the SUVs or anything because I was practicing. We have two $50k SUVs and my paents value them a lot. While his dad has a $500 Golf so he could care less about if it got a scratch. Sorry if I bored anybody and sorry about some of the language but sometimes you just need to let it out. People like him set me off when they try to criticize you like that. His birthday is in June. Mine is in December just before Christmas. 6 months difference doesn't mean he can tower over me like that. He really doesn't tower over me in reality it is the opposite. He has been on the road for 2 months and he thinks he his King of the Roads. That is just my two cents and I probably won't speak to him for a while now. Peace out.

just because (he thinks) he's highly qualified, doesn't mean you're not! what a dork. on the other hand, you actually knowing the rules of the road doesn't make you a better person! I'd just let that go, after a few more tickets/accidents he'll learn (and hopefully survive).

I'd just ignore him from now on out, at least when he starts going on like that. he's already apparently getting what he's got coming to him. you seem like you got your stuff together, just keep on keepin' on!

I'm sorry to hear that a_r, 'cause you've definitely got some talent in you (more than I think I could ever hope for).

When exactly can you apply for your (I assume) learner's permit? Down here in Maryland it's 15 and 9 months. And yeah, the way you describe your cousin makes him sound like 99% of the drivers (more correctly, morons) on the roads here.

I probably will ignore him for a while. I know that knowing the rules of the road doesn't make you much better of I driver but I guess I worded it wrong. I know how to be a responsibly driver and I know when doing something with driving may risk my life or others. I know unlike him that driving is a serious matter. I know not to swerve toscar someone or not to drive 90 in a 60 especially because I know the road he was on very well and I guy drove to his death last year while doing 90 in a 66 Corvette w/427. He fell 40 feet to his death because he was going to fast and he missed the curve. Once I get my licence I will rub it in his face. I will have learned to drive large SUVs when all he has driven is his Golf, a Dodge SX2.0 and he has a motorcycle which he will probably kill himself on.

DetroitNut90- Thanks for the comment. I like my talent and am proud of what I can do. It is my passion and they try to turn me away from it. Luckily I have other relatives (plenty others) who care. We can get our learner's permit at 16.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

And yeah, the way you describe your cousin makes him sound like 99% of the drivers (more correctly, morons) in Massachusetts.

183715[/snapback]

Fixed ;) [no offence to you guys on here, you're probably in the 1% anyways] :P

Seriously, he does sound like a total jerk, which is never any fun.

Hopefully he learns his lesson and he becomes a wiser man.

And for permits, you don't even need one in New Hampsha. You just start driving a the age of 15 1/2. You can apply for a license at 16 after you take drivers ed.

Edited by Farkas

NH sounds cool. I have to wait until November 29 to apply for my provisional licsense, but I still need to take driver's ed (classes are like $315-WTF?? I can't afford that!) and I can apply for my full licsense at 17 and X months (can't remember off-hand). But I can't drive with anyone until I turn 18, which defeats any hopes of carpooling and saving some gas.

Wow, thats really weird. I guess it just really depends on the state.

In NH, we can drive with only one non-relative for the firsst 6 months, and after that we can pile as many in as you want. You can't drive between the hours of 1 and 5 am until you have your license for 1 year.

I must say, I am jealous of your drivers ed price. Mine came to an awesome $550, and that was one of the cheapest in my area!

Sorry to hijack your thread ar2005

*back on track* ;]

Oh, I know plenty of people like that. Unfortunately, I serve underneath them in the company.

I hate my job. I really, really hate my job. :nono:

and no, don't ask what it is. i plead the fifth.

183855[/snapback]

Posted Image

There are so many ammendments in the constitution of the United States of America, I can only choose one, I can only choose one. I plead the fif, I plead the fif. Five, one, two three, four, fif. Anything you say, fif. Go ahead and ask me a question if you fif. I got a secret document here that I think you need to see.

FIF!

Guest YellowJacket894

Posted Image

There are so many ammendments in the constitution of the United States of America, I can only choose one, I can only choose one. I plead the fif, I plead the fif. Five, one, two three, four, fif. Anything you say, fif. Go ahead and ask me a question if you fif. I got a secret document here that I think you need to see.

FIF!

183959[/snapback]

:rotflmao:

I wouldn't want to live in California. Too far and too hot.

183947[/snapback]

are you nuts? California has great weather. not too cold, and definetly not too hot, if at all. Hottest it gets here is the 80's in the dog days of summer, and even then you don't even notice it. Summer nights are still rather coolish and very breezy. Edited by Turbojett

Posted Image

FIF!

183959[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

It still is too far. If I get a job at a car company and they tell me I would have to be moved down to California studios per se then I would go down to California. However, if I dont then I stay here in Ontario or Michigan. I like cold weather and I love the winter.