GM Station Wagon

mrblackwell17

I really like the Dodge Magnum Hemi/SRT8 vehicles. I am nowhere close to being a MOPAR guy and would love for GM, preferably Chevy, to build something comparable. I believe Pontiac would be the best served to pull it off. Any possiblilities?

Keep in mind: fairly new member, very few posts, and continue to like the Dodge Magnum and trying not to admit it.

I don't think GM should waste $$ on any kind of wagon right now. They need to come up with a competitive Minivan first. Personally I don't like the Magnum, it looks allright especially the ones with mags but inside they are so claustraphobic and I don't see them offering an avantage over a minivan or compact SUV.

The same thing that happened to other GM concepts that will never be built, they sent it around to lots of autoshows and teased the crowds with it. :P

Well, it may not be built by the end of this decade but who knows. If the demand for it or something like it gets high, GM may produce it in one form or another.

Anyway, not all is lost for a Kappa Chevy vehicle. Look for a new sports convertable placed under the Corvette that will probably take a lot of styling cues from this and past corvettes... well, that's what we've heard so far.

For all we know, that information could be completely false.

Posted Image

Edited by Cadillacfan

Magnum is useless as a hauler of any sort. It looks cool, but with the low, slanted roof, and high floors, its doubtful my 80lb medium size dog would be comfy back behind the seats.

I think on the next platform that the Malibu or Impala is on, give it an HHR typr body (not HHR, but just a bit boxier at least in the back, you know what I mean) to make it actually a station wagon with some cargo height that you can load Rufus, and luggage, and have some room to spare.

If GM were to add station wagons, the lines I think that should get them are Chevrolet Malibu and Impala, Buick LaCrosse, and how about reviving the stillborn Pontiac Banner and Buick Signia modelss, and putting those and Impala on the Zeta VE (LWB) platform?

Besides for the obvious Saab wagons I think both Saturn and Chevy could pull off a reasonable wagon.

But wouldn't it be nice if Caddy would offer a super luxury wagon to compete with BMW and Mercedes and finally 1 up Lexus???

Besides for the obvious Saab wagons I think both Saturn and Chevy could pull off a reasonable wagon.

But wouldn't it be nice if Caddy would offer a super luxury wagon to compete with BMW and Mercedes and finally 1 up Lexus???

188248[/snapback]

+1 Though the whole wagon thing is a bit of a fragile thing. I'm sure for some people it would pull the image down of whatever nameplate it's attached to (perhaps any wagons should have their own nameplate?) Personally, I think wagons can be very good looking, and if attractive enough, could become competition for small & midsize SUVs as people look for better fuel economy. One thing I think needs to be remembered in a wagon, though, is a 3rd seat. A 2 row wagon to me is just a sedan with an open, windowed larger trunk. A wagon is a people hauler. Oh, and I like the rear-facing 3rd seats. :) Not sure how they do on safety, but I like 'em.

Magnum is useless as a hauler of any sort. It looks cool, but with the low, slanted roof, and high floors, its doubtful my 80lb medium size dog would be comfy back behind the seats.

I think on the next platform that the Malibu or Impala is on, give it an HHR typr body (not HHR, but just a bit boxier at least in the back, you know what I mean) to make it actually a station wagon with some cargo height that you can load Rufus, and luggage, and have some room to spare.

186029[/snapback]

Right on! The Magnum is as ugly as your Moma's army boots! It looks like it was

designed by someone whose Mama had nightmares about Sherman tanks!

The beltline is too high, and the roofline is too low.

It looks like D-C designers are afraid of glass! But maybe slit windows are the

in thing if you want a gang-bangers street cruiser.

It sure is not for hauling large, boxy, awkward things unless they are made out of

jello or fit in a body bag!

For a practical, functional wagon the Magnum is an F- grade!

I sure hope that nobody at GM would be inspired by this nightmare.

I too like the looks and concept of the Nomad, but not the itty-bitty current

version. Go back to the previous one that was Chevelle or-mid-sized, with the sliding back doors, the opening roof, but add the looks of the current one in front, with the '57 Corvette style

grill! :yes:

Edited by rkmdogs