I've had enough of this POS!

pow

Posted Image

I officially hate PCs. They all get slower and slower with age, and now mine just refueses to work properly. It doesn't matter how fast the processor is, how much empty hard drive space is left, or how often I run anti-spyware software... it always makes me wanna throw it out the window. This never ever happens with my sister's Macs.

Now there's this permanent box thing I can't get rid of, and I'm sooo not rebooting. :hissyfit:

This thread is Hee-larius! :lol:

I agree with Empowah though.... PCs are no match for Apples.

Well i for one have no problems with my PC. Im only running 2.6ghz 460gigs of hardrive 1024 ram and now 512mb videocard. windows XP. Never bog down really. Pentium 4.

Its just what you are for getting Reboot in safe mode and start the Defrager and let the computer alone. that will be fast. Or if nothing is important on your computer do a complete restore and it will be as fast as the day you got it.

But about every 3 months i do complete restores and i never have problems at all. i just back up stuff i need on cds and jump drives. Music i just redownload.

With newer computers built the way they are they can last 10 yers plus acting like new.

But only have about 5 firefox things open but with IE you can have like 8-9

Looks like too many things running..8 instances of Firefox?

Even my work computer (Win XP, 3GB ram, dual 2.8 Ghz processors) gets slow when I run too many apps at once.. (Oracle, Jboss, Eclipse, IE, Firefox, Outlook, iTunes, Word, Excel are my usual load).

musicmatch jukebox works really good to but they keep on wanting you to upgrade it to the subscription form. but I just use the player installed to my downlod P2P Shareaza.

Real Player always blinks at the bottom of my taskbar trying to get me to upgrade or play "Cake Mania". And about 3 times a week, I log on to my desktop and a pop-up comes up that says "Real Player has enountered a problem and needs to close." Some great software right there.

And Musicmatch always asserts itself over iTunes and Windows Media Player everytime I load in a CD. And it doesn't deal well with rejection-it freezes for about 5 minutes after I click the X. iTunes is so much better.

Yea...empowah, it's all about the TABBED browsing.

182491[/snapback]

FYI, whether you open a page in a new tab or a new window, the resource usage isn't (much) different. one instance of firefox can have multiple windows open, just like an instance of AIM can have four or five conversation windows open.

(check the processes tab in the windows task manager! unless something's wrong, there'll be only one firefox.exe running under your account)

OK, I'm getting the hang of Ctrl+T, and I'm ditching Real Player, too...

... but we bought another Dell just this morning. It's kinda like GM; sure, the fit 'n finish sucks and it's fleeted like hell, but the incentives are too great to resist: $379 for P4 3 GHz, 80GB, 17" flat-panel, and free shipping.

Hey, I just bought a Dell too :]

My dad works for the state so he got me a wicked deal on one.

It's a Inspiron E1505

Posted Image

*This price is not the price I paid. I paid $781 for this model + a free printer and an audio upgrade.

:thumbsup:

The real POS is microsoft....and more specifically windows. Is there anyone here running LINUX? I guess windows XP being loaded on EVERY single PC being sold in creation is not enough. Microsoft has determined that my 4 year old PC doesn' have a genuine copy of windows...and for a cool $100 they can fix me right up. What a croc of sheet. :banghead:

well your problem was you probally updated to service pack 2 which makes it horrible on your computer. Does it say you needd to activate windows? since you can call microsoft and they will help you fix that problem.

And rember this. The computer is only as smart as the user.

(hint: Thats why people that know and understand computers never have problems. Its always the normal user that gets pissed of starts beating the computer weakens a solder joint cause the computer to be slower. And blames Microsoft for make a $h!ty OS [operating system])

Trust me i used to be computer retarted about a yearish ago but know im like a computer god. I always had computer problems but now that im in the know i never have computer problems.

well your problem was you probally updated to service pack 2 which makes it horrible on your computer. Does it say you needd to activate windows? since you can call microsoft and they will help you fix that problem.

And rember this. The computer is only as smart as the user.

(hint: Thats why people that know and understand computers never have problems. Its always the normal user that gets pissed of starts beating the computer weakens a solder joint cause the computer to be slower. And blames Microsoft for make a $h!ty OS [operating system])

Trust me i used to be computer retarted about a yearish ago but know im like a computer god. I always had computer problems but now that im in the know i never have computer problems.

183844[/snapback]

I still have a PII 266MHz running Win98 on the network in my living room. It's my browsing system and link to my music library on my main system. That little bastard was my first computer ever in 1995, and works quite well to this day. Sure, I've had to reformat the hard drive a few times; however, only because I was looking to perform big changes that only starting fresh could reasonably accomplish with less time and effort.

My point? Any typical user would have trashed that system long ago with the problems they would have been facing. In the end, with a decent system, the hardware is rarely the problem...it's always the software and user. The biggest problem is how the software is developed to only allow a user the most basic functions, leaving really handy functions buried in the options menus or quick-key commands that a seasoned user would really bother investigating and utilizing. Computers have never been user friendly, and users are too impatient to even bother figuring out how to use the HELP section.

for what you use your computer for its fine. In the day that was probably a top of the line computer. I have an old AMD k6 sitting around my house that i fire up to get important documents off of them then throw it in a abox and hide it untill i need it.