2009 Camaro Transformed!

avant1963

Sorry it's so small, but you can make out that the front of the car is the chestplates and the engine cover is right in the center:

Posted Image

I know it makes me an 80's nerd that I am excited for this...

Also it looks like Ratchet is a modified HUMMER, Optimus Prime is no longer a cab-over (but he looks damn cool with flames)

http://flickr.com/photos/lights/218635248/

More pics of Prime and Decipticons here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=108437

And here is the official list of Transformers appearing in the movie:

AUTOBOTS: Optimus Prime. Bumblebee ("The same G1 character we always knew and loved...He's the scout, the one that comes ahead of the Autobots"). Jazz. Ratchet (medical officer/science officer - new form, not an ambulance). Ironhide ("He's the muscle - a tough soldier...The first one to jump into battle" ).

DECEPTICONS: Megatron (has a Social Darwinist view of humanity - survival of the fittest). Starscream. Brawl ("an extremely pissed off Decepticon. Always ready to jump into a fight, even when the fight isn't worth it.") Bonecrusher. Barricade. Skorpinok. Frenzy (an infiltrator). Blackout (sends an EMP-style blast to take out electronics, detection devices, etc. in advance of Decepticon attack).

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24211

I don't know, it might not be so bad as far as direction goes. Michael Bay is good at action. When he did "the Island", I thought he did a good job on plot development scenes, too...I was pleasantly surprised given The Rock, Con Air, and his other earlier works.

I'm more concerned about the writers. While the ones listed on imdb aren't as bad as the ones I'd heard were going to be doing the project a while back, there's a hit-or-miss level to their combined works (not fond of Xena or Hercules, for sure).

And I did grow up on Transformers, so I know what it was all about. I'm glad GM is so heavily backing this project (though I thought that the Mustang Decepticon was a lovely touch). I think that Jazz would've been a better choice for the Camaro, though, and have Bumblebee just be a lowly Saturn or something.

Oh yes, and based on the pics in the first link, does Ironhide look like a Kodiak Cinch to anyone else? I'd say that a Cinch would perfectly complement Ironhide's hard-ass personality...though it would've been funny to have him be a Venture or something, just for the disparity between personality and the mundane vehicle he transformed into.

the Island, The Rock, Con Air,

182914[/snapback]

Those three movies would all show up if I was ever to make

a top-40 best action movies list. The Rock & Con Air were

pretty entertaining & the cinemantography was good but

even better was the Island.

The Rock:

"Hey man, you just fu&%ed up your Ferrari!!!"

"He-he! It's not MY Ferrari"

I didn't mean to say Con-Air and The Rock weren't good action movies...they were. They just didn't really have the plot development that the Island had...I think that one really proved that Bay has a place in a broader range of movies than "short attention-span theater".

What it's all gonna boil down to at this point is the writing.

Ugh- to the best of my Transformers-geek knowledge, Prime has always been red with blue parts. The robot modes don't seem realistic, i.e. don't seem like they could have come from the vehicles. They look like Terminator-style skeletons w/ car parts hanging off them. And it doesn't seem like there will be that many characters in the movie, aren't there dozens and dozens of Transformers in that "universe"? Throw some pure CG ones in there too! (That's prob. a safe bet, I'd say.)

None of this will keep me from seeing the movie 3 times and buying the toys, mind you, just sayin'... :P