2007 Chevy Aveo debut

!!!TED!!!

Introducing the 2007 Aveo Sedan

Posted Image

By Ed Peper

Chevrolet General Manager

With the incredible growth of the economy car segment in the past year, it's vital for manufacturers to continually innovate, update and change the game. Well, that's what Chevy is doing right now.

Two years ago, we brought our all-new Aveo to market, as "the small car that thinks big." And now, we defy the norms of the auto industry by introducing a new Aveo Sedan for the 2007 model year. Aveo has been the sales leader in this segment virtually since its introduction, and this dynamite new four-door promises to continue that trend.

We'll be holding a press conference and webcast to announce our new 37-mile-per-gallon Aveo tomorrow, Aug. 17th, beginning at 1 p.m. Eastern Time. The conference will be accessible through this link.

I hope you plan to tune in and see our latest news. We're ready to show you how this totally new Aveo Sedan thinks "even bigger"!

Please make plans to join us. And thanks!

edmunds story

Edmunds has another story up on the updated Aveo. It's good to see GM not ignoring the growing market of small cars and I am pretty surprised how low the price is considering the interior looks great for a car in its class. I priced one up and still came under 15k for what i wanted. The Honda Fit is also a cool car I would consider buying in this segment. Those magic seats are wonderful.

Agreed, and the Fit has the same problem. Not sure if the '07 Aveo sedan I saw had the new 15" rims, but it definitely had rollerskate syndrome. The interior, on the other hand, looks great, and the exterior changes modernize it a bit, although I am still not a fan of Altezza taillights, even after all these years.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the small wheel look, or the Altezza-ish taillights, but it's a big styling improvement. Love the interior for it...now a couple questions...

1. When will these changes be applied to the hatch?

2. Any chance of a hybrid version, such as applying the VUE Greenline's system? Wonder what economy improvements that would imply.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the small wheel look, or the Altezza-ish taillights, but it's a big styling improvement.  Love the interior for it...now a couple questions...

2. Any chance of a hybrid version, such as applying the VUE Greenline's system?  Wonder what economy improvements that would imply.

181787[/snapback]

Hmmm....

1. Yes-the Hatch gets updated for 08...though I think the rear stays the same...

2. No. It might get a smaller engine for those who are super worried about it,

but for the low price, one should be able to afford gas... :)

Agreed, and the Fit has the same problem.  Not sure if the '07 Aveo sedan I saw had the new 15" rims, but it definitely had rollerskate syndrome.  The interior, on the other hand,  looks great, and the exterior changes modernize it a bit, although I am still not a fan of Altezza taillights, even after all these years.

181748[/snapback]

I don't think I could buy an Aveo that wasn't a LT-It needs those rims...

It does look tall-I compared it to a cobalt next to it-It's taller than the Balt... :huh:

The taillights don't bother me-in fact-I think it gives it kinda a "euro" look to it.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the small wheel look, or the Altezza-ish taillights, but it's a big styling improvement.  Love the interior for it...now a couple questions...

2. Any chance of a hybrid version, such as applying the VUE Greenline's system?  Wonder what economy improvements that would imply.

181787[/snapback]

i think someone else has said the hatch gets the makover next year.

i'd just like to see what a 2.0L ecotec could do for this .....?