My Solstice Is Wrecked

Guest Josh

That's my entire driveway in a nutshell. :D

1999 Dakota: Rear-Drive, Automatic

1998 S-10: Rear-Drive, Manual

2004 Impala: Front-Drive, Automatic

And you know I've driven each one and two were/are driven on a daily basis.

I don't think any of my (here I go sounding like a nerd) peers has the experience I do. :D

192558[/snapback]

Nerdlinger :P:lol:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YellowJacket894

You've posted this response to me like 20 times now.

I don't live in the prarie states or in Florida. Come

to Massachusetts someday, esp. towns like Lowell,

Worcester & Haverhill and you tell me how "flat" it is.

The roads I drive are only flat if compared to the freekin' Alps.

192685[/snapback]

68, I'd ignore what the person you replied to had to say. Most of what he says is illegable and ignorant.

had both of those, two.

Posted Image

the chevette was actually fairly decent in the winter. as long as the tires were good, but it still wasn't as easy as a typical fwd car.

I thought the Chevette was rear-drive? :unsure:

(I may have just read the post wrong.)

:lol:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Yes, that can be a problem and I do the same as you. Too many drivers are "brake pedal addicts" who stab the brakes automatically when presented with any unforeseen change in traffic.

192492[/snapback]

Downshifting for the purpose of engine braking is harmless. Downshifting for power to teach that pesky ricer a lesson can be another story. :lol:

Good idea on the practice vehicle.

192511[/snapback]

For me, when I had the GA, I'd hold in the clutch on hills and just use the brakes to save gas. Wish I could do that with my Millenia, but putting it in neutral then back into drive while moving isnt the best thing for the transmission.

That's my entire driveway in a nutshell. :D

1999 Dakota: Rear-Drive, Automatic

1998 S-10: Rear-Drive, Manual

2004 Impala: Front-Drive, Automatic

And you know I've driven each one and two were/are driven on a daily basis.

I don't think any of my (here I go sounding like a nerd) peers has the experience I do. :D

192558[/snapback]

Oh really? Even me? The great BV? You're inferior to my greatness. Bow before my feet! I have driven FWD/man, FWD/auto, RWD/man, RWD/auto, 4WD/auto... and all in more than one vehicle more than once. Muahahaha... And I've had ATVs and dirtbikes all my life with plenty of drifting experience. Muahahahahaha... I am better than you, you silly boy. :lol::D:P

*looks innocent*

Guest YellowJacket894

Yello? :)

192767[/snapback]

Mmmmm. . .Mello Yello. :drool:

Oh really? Even me? The great BV? You're inferior to my greatness. Bow before my feet! I have driven FWD/man, FWD/auto, RWD/man, RWD/auto, 4WD/auto... and all in more than one vehicle more than once. Muahahaha... And I've had ATVs and dirtbikes all my life with plenty of drifting experience. Muahahahahaha... I am better than you, you silly boy.  :lol::D  :P

*looks innocent*

You are a worthy rival indeed, sir. :D

68, I'd ignore what the person you replied to had to say. Most of what he says is illegable and ignorant.

I thought the Chevette was rear-drive? :unsure:

(I may have just read the post wrong.)

:lol:

192698[/snapback]

yes, it was RWD. short wheelbase, munual tranny, no power, light front end. So it was a lot easier to keep pointed than my 77 Electra coupe. Heavy front end, long wheelbase, etc.

Edited by regfootball

How many of you have driven an 8 wheel drive 8630?  A twin screw 10 wheeler?

192876[/snapback]

Does a Peterbuilt 379 close enough?

I carry a CDL type A. even though I have barely put it to use.

Posted Image

got all of that.

192691[/snapback]

Definitely..

In 20 years of driving, my guesstimated breakdown of miles driven per configuration is:

RWD/manual: 30%

RWD/automatic: 10%

4WD (RWD most of the time)/manual: 20%

4WD (RWD most of the time)/automatic: 35%

FWD/manual: 3%

FWD/automatic: 2%

I've only driven a few AWD cars, but I'd probably lump them in with FWD (Audi A4, S4, and Subaru Legacy).

Edited by moltar

Guest YellowJacket894

Illegable for retards

I did, however, have no problem understand this post of yours. It went like this..........gulp, gulp gulp, gulp

193100[/snapback]

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

illegable for retards......................... :pbjtime:

193122[/snapback]

Wow. You found a typo. Biiiiig f@#kin deal there, right?

Want a cookie you piece of $h!?

For me, when I had the GA, I'd hold in the clutch on hills and just use the brakes to save gas. Wish I could do that with my Millenia, but putting it in neutral then back into drive while moving isnt the best thing for the transmission.

192766[/snapback]

f@#k this server...I had a response all types up and ready to go, then C&G decided to crash when I posted it...

Anyway,

To make a long story (which I ahd previously written out :banghead: ) short...

You're better off leaving it in gear. Not only does it save your brakes, but when the car is in gear and your foot is off the gas, your injectors cut off and your engine turns based solely on the momentum of the car. Now, if you put your car into neutral, your revs will drop eventually hitting idle mode. When this happens, the injectors supply fuel to the engine in order to keep it going. You could be at 6000rpm with your foot off the gas using not a drop of fuel and crusing using the engine to brake, or you can be coasting in neutral with your engine sipping on fuel while you ride your brakes...

Just thought I'd let ya know... :AH-HA_wink:

My previous response was better, but you get the idea...

Now, on with this thread's regularly scheduled bull$h!.

*Wind Whistles*

Posted Image

Boy it's so free of assholes in here. Wonder what's YJ's fuss? :P

So, this thread has become pointless, no? I'll let it go on as long as it's in good cheer.

193223[/snapback]

I love you Northie. :D

You're better off leaving it in gear. Not only does it save your brakes, but when the car is in gear and your foot is off the gas, your injectors cut off and your engine turns based solely on the momentum of the car. Now, if you put your car into neutral, your revs will drop eventually hitting idle mode. When this happens, the injectors supply fuel to the engine in order to keep it going. You could be at 6000rpm with your foot off the gas using not a drop of fuel and crusing using the engine to brake, or you can be coasting in neutral with your engine sipping on fuel while you ride your brakes...

Now, on with this thread's regularly scheduled bull$h!.

193235[/snapback]

Eh... Figures... :lol:

Wow. You found a typo. Biiiiig f@#kin deal there, right?

Want a cookie you piece of $h!?

193195[/snapback]

See now, is it a big deal or is it not a big deal ? According to you, last week it was a really big deal. Now this week its not ? I'm just so confused....nearly...... almost......... speechless.........NOT !

Connery: "I'll take 'I Have a Hardon' for $200, Trebek."

Trebek: "Where'd you get that marker? We searched you on the way in!"

Connnery: "I bet you'd have found it if you searched me!"

Trebeck: "Ooooohhhh kaaaayyyy :nono: "

Connery: "'CAUSE IT WAS UP MY BUTT!!"

Talk to me! Tell me you rname! You blow me off like it's all the ssame! You playing game and now you heading my heart dah dah dah something something! Yeah baby. She bang! She bang! Oh baby oh she move! She move! I go crazy be-cause she looks like a bee and sting like fly! Something something in history!

SHE BANGS!

• 3 months later...
The original Harry was a member here. He flamed out, to put it euphemistically. Then, someone opened a dummy membership under his name and that membership has passed through several hands since then.