The rims are too big and they don;t fit the character of the

car but over all this looks much better than the typical car

around these parts with "Danks". I saw dubs on a 97-00

Camry the other day and it seems avery beat to $h!, ugly

assed bondo-special Civic around here with chrome tape &

a big wing has 17-19" rims.

I'd drive this anyday over a stock Miata. These rims would

look killer on my Q45 me thinks... still a little too big but not

ridiculous and the style fits a big sedan.

Wow ! There is some really awful wheels out there on the market, always has been. I think there are only about 5 styles of wheels I have ever liked and the various versions in which some people try to copy them and yet be different just dont cut it. THese more resemble some version of the horrible wheels GM was puting on Cadillacs and Buicks in late 90's. I bet they really help extract heat from the rotors........... :stupid:

I find it amusing on some boards like the G6 board where there are guys wanting to replace the 18" wheels on their GTP............some of the finest wheels GM has put on their cars in decades.

I guess wheels are a matter of personal taste.

Guest YellowJacket894

:lol:

179768[/snapback]

Yeah, it may seem funny. But she's having a problem trying to bake that pepperoni Tombstone pizza she bought last night from Sam's Club.

:D

I just don't know who has that kind of taste, because I've always despised the look of hubcap-style wheels. I mean, if you want that look, save a grand by purchasing steelies and throwing on a set of chrome hubcaps from your local aftermarket ricer-shop.

This ranks right up there in tackiness with gold-spokes. Yuck.

This is your textbook case of having watched too many hip hop videos on MTV and listening to too much Rap.

The only known cure is 12 hours straight of Motley Crue and Guns n' Roses followed by a litre of water and another 12 hours of Van Halen interchanging Hagar and Roth...

It'll give you good taste... or it'll make you mentally retarded. Either outcome is still an improvement.

Edited by Captainbooyah

This dude I knew in grade 12 put similar wheels on his G35. He called them "Deep Dish Rims" ... and they were about 22 inches.

He forked over almost five thousand for them. :blink:

I told him he could instead spend that cash on a new exhaust system and a couple performance mods. He just responded that modifications don't show off the 'bling' .

Touche. :rolleyes:

All I know is that whomever did that is going to be very quickly replacing brake pads, rotors, calipers, steering and suspension parts very soon. That's the downside of big wheels and tires, they're extremely heavy and if you don't upgrade the things that support those wheels and tires, then you end up wearing them out at an exaggerated rate. Oh well, to each their own I guess, but I agree, whomever decided to come up with a wheel design that WASN'T built for 4-wheel drive vehicles, should be drug into the street and shot....repeatedly.

those will probably look nice on there Josh, but still, I say if you aren't happy witht he stock wheels on there, get another style of stock-sized wheel, there's no point in ruining the ride and handling characteristics of your vehicle, no matter how old or new it is, just to look "cool".

The car cant handle over 18 inch wheels. But.....it is ugly. The wheels I've been checking out are 5 spoke black alloy rims.

179916[/snapback]

Insert "wpb" comment here because of the word "inches" and it'said by Josh ... :rolleyes:

Edited by Captainbooyah

That's the downside of big wheels and tires, they're extremely heavy and if you don't upgrade the things that support those wheels and tires, then you end up wearing them out at an exaggerated rate. 

179884[/snapback]

Not to mention the compromise in safety.

Most morons with a credit card who buy 20" rims

for their Camry ES330 have never even heard

the term "unsprung weight", never mind rolling

inertia and offset. Just more stupidity.