This sucks

Intrepidation

Ok so yesterday was like any other long day at work, except I was told I could go home early, which I was happy about, since I was tired, and that earlier in the day it felt like there was something stuck in my throat, just irritating it and making me cough. When I got to the parking lot to leave, I spit was felt like a bit of peanut or something out of my mouth. Didn't bother me, but when I got home and was laying down the inside of my cheek started getting caught on my tooth in back, you know like when you bite your tough or inside of your cheek by accident. It kept happening, and so when I felt around in my mouth, I discovered part of my wisdom tooth, which had only ecently come in, had chipped a bit, leaving a [/b]SHARP POINT. Everytime I chew food it digs into my cheek and hurts like a bitch. Of course it's like 2 weeks before I can go home, and I dunno if KS takes Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA.

Why the hell are teeth no stronger?! Why did it chip when it's like one of the newest teeth?! Sorry, but I just had to rant <_<

Guest YellowJacket894

Hey, don't talk to me about dental problems. I'm having one pulled on Wednesday. A molar.

But, this is interesting, the wisdom tooth should effectively replace the old molar with a very, very slight gap (so small, my toungue wouldn't even slide in) when my teeth shift. So, that's one less tooth that'll kick my ass down the road.

The tooth that is being pulled has a filling; a poorly done and very old one, to boot. The damn dentist that did the filling didn't get all of the decay out when he did what he was paid to do, and the rot is working its way to the f@#king nerve. Also, like your tooth, the enamal chipped off like paint over a rust spot.

It's either have it pulled or have a root canal and a crown. I'd rather go with the extraction. Hell, a mental ward patient with the IQ of damned sledge hammer would take the damned extraction, wearing a smile and humming the Bonanza theme while doing it. The thought of having a miniscule version of a metal mail box post cemented in the old socket makes me shiver.

I guess my dental problems also arouse one question: do I take good care of my teeth? Damned tooting, I do. I brush at least once a day, if not two. And, although I despise flosing, I use plenty of Scope (has that nice minty taste). And still I have one f@#ked up set of choppers. What irony, huh?

Well, if I come here on Wednesday and seem bitchy, you'll know why. Lets just hope the nitrous makes me high as a kite.

[End of rant.]

That sucks hard, I brush fairly well too, and I'm only 20, but I've had teeth issues since I was little. I've had one of my front teeth chip when I was very little, and more recently another tooth chipped once, and then almost broke apart, they had to do a lotta work to fix it. I did have one bad cavity, but it was fixed, but yeah...sucks ass...teeth should be made of something stronger, or replaceable like a Shark's teeth :P

Guest YellowJacket894

That sucks hard, I brush fairly well too, and I'm only 20, but I've had teeth issues since I was little. I've had one of my front teeth chip when I was very little, and more recently another tooth chipped once, and then almost broke apart, they had to do a lotta work to fix it. I did have one bad cavity, but it was fixed, but yeah...sucks ass...teeth should be made of something stronger, or replaceable like a Shark's teeth :P

177108[/snapback]

Teeth should be made of solid bone and shouldn't have nerves. And there should be three sets instead of two. One of God's little f@#k-ups right there. :D

Edited by YellowJacket894

I'll admit that I haven't taken good care of my teeth in the past, so when I say my teeth are fairly white, fairly strong, and I only have a few filled cavities, It amazes me. :P

177149[/snapback]

I think a lot of it's genetic. I've never had cavities and my wisdom teeth came in perfectly with no problem whatsover ^_^ ...

Plus, I guess I drink a lot of milk.

However, to be fair, the dentist did something to my teeth that they are now covered in plastic or something! I think Paris Hilton has something similar too...

Uff...molar is a dirty word to me right now. My left one has grown in, but it's grown in sideways, so that the little bit of it poking through my gum is actually the side of it. The other one is still trying to get through.

My dentist told me that I had a choice whether to remove them or not. They may never bother me for my entire life, or they could cause me extreme pain in the near future. Ugg..

My teeth suck, my DNA gives me poor enamel & I hate dentists.

'nough said. :(

I have to sometime get my 4 wisdoms pulled. They all came up straight though which hopefully will make it a bit easier. Has a filling come loose though and expose the nerve. That is a pain like no other. Laying down was impossible since that only made the pain worse. Tried whiskey on it and that helped somewhat so I could sleep a bit better. One of the only times I was happy to go to the dentist. And I like my dentist. Great person but nobody likes getting their teeth messed with. When it comes time for the wisdom tooth removal they are putting me to sleep. I dont even want to know what they are doing.

When it comes time for the wisdom tooth removal they are putting me to sleep. I dont even want to know what they are doing.

177838[/snapback]

Funny, I insisted on PARTIAL sedation. I feel uncomfortable about being under general anesthesia. I don't remember any pain. And, with all of them out at once, there was no swelling afterwards. That, I'm told, is unusual.

At any rate, since Mom and Dad didn't pop for my braces, I'm getting them now. My teeth are fairly good and the uppers are straight, but the lowers are a little crowded. My reason for doing it is not so much appearance but the ability to floss and take care of them more easily.

Good luck. I think BC/BS is portable to health providers within their network in other states.

I'm cursed with poor genetics when it comes to teeth, so I got to do all I can to keep my teeth and gums healthy. I did the braces thing twice, once when I was a kid, and then a couple years ago to make sure I have a correct bite. I use a Sonic Care, brush and use mouthwash at least twice daily, and floss daily.

The thing about dentistry is that dentists can do a lot of unessential, costly work, so you got to watch out.

Guest YellowJacket894

Well, I got the old rotten molar out of my mouth. And I did it with out sedation (ha! we've got some real yellow-bellies in here, huh?...you know I'm kidding) and just with a little Novocain and very light nitrous. The piece of &#036;h&#33; came out with just one hard tap to the left, then another one to the right. Whole procedue took five minutes. When the dentist took it out, I wasn't even aware of it. Hell, I was stunned.

Right now, though, my gums are a little swolen, I have a very dull throbbing sensation mixed with a little pressure (probably from where the new tooth is shifting into place to make it's debut), and I have to keep a piece of gauze under the extraction site, which has to be changed every half-hour until the bleeding stops. And, let's not forget friends and neighbors, of the hole it left -- it's decently sized. It'll take a week to heal.

I should find a way of showing you what was in my mouth. Make it your desktop. It'll remind you to floss. :D

Edited by YellowJacket894