any game lovers?

loki

whether it was 20 years ago or just announced, what games do/did you love or hope to get when they do come out? PC games mostly, but worthy console games can count.

some i thought were great... for the pc

simcity2k - hard, but not insane like the new ones

x-com - das shizznit of dos gamesbefore win95 came out

earthsiege series... just good stuff

total annihilation.. still touted as a great RTS, even almost 10 years later. and next year supreme commander by some of the same team, gonna be huge!!!

Ok. I like games by Westwood, BEFORE EA had its way with it and left it in a watery ditch to shrivel to death. So "Command & Conquer" Tiberian Series and Red Alert 1 are favourites. Joseph Kucan as Kane scared the crap out of me, and makes Osama bin Laden look like Barney the dinosaur.

I also enjoyed the Maxis games. I didn't play much SimCity 2K because I was a bit young for it, but I did play SimCity 3K. I tried Simcity4, but it got way too technical for me. The Sims was pretty fun, but my people were either desperately poor and starving and near suicidal (they slept a lot to make the day's and night's pass :lol: ) or they caught on fire. <_<

Of course, I always fire up the Starcraft every so often because that game is timeless and I've had hours of enjoyment playing online.

I've played Counterstrike TWICE... I got sick of assholes jumping and then crouching and knifing me at the same time and doing other crap. Some people have a little too much time on their hands.

No RPG's thank you.

Edited by Captainbooyah

whether it was 20 years ago or just announced, what games do/did you love or hope to get when they do come out?    PC games mostly, but worthy console games can count.

some i thought were great...  for the pc

simcity2k - hard, but not insane like the new ones

x-com - das shizznit of dos gamesbefore win95 came out

earthsiege series... just good stuff

total annihilation.. still touted as a great RTS, even almost 10 years later.  and next year supreme commander by some of the same team, gonna be huge!!!

176073[/snapback]

I am one of those rare kids who has no interest in video games.....There not shunned from my house or somthing ive just never been interested in them, id rather be Biking 8)

I am one of those rare kids who has no interest in video games.....There not shunned from my  house or somthing ive just never been interested in them, id rather be Biking  8)

176111[/snapback]

biking's great, but video games are a great ( IMO ) use of time to learn stuff (like strategy) when it's too hot, it's night, or just got done biking.... people will say it's a complete waste of time, but I'm sure i've benefited from most of the games i've played.

but ofcorse moderation needs to be shown so it doesn't consume your life... at least untill you can make it job :lol:

Although I rattled off a few games, I too never spent TOO much time on them, compared to others.

Any of you had a friend who actually lived at a LAN game lounge for about a week playing nothing but Counterstrike and eating McDonalds?...

I did... :rolleyes:

They gave him an old couch for when he needed to sleep, but they didn't have a washroom, so the odour wasn't pleasant. I also think he wasn't above using adult diapers. :yuck:

SimCity 4

The Sims/ Sims 2

Final Fantasy I - XI (add XII on after November)

Gran Turismo 4

Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas

Zelda

Gran Turismo 4-I waited so patiently to get that game on June 24th, 2004. I don't think I've ever been so pissed at Sony when they decided to delay it until January 2005.

Command and Conquer: Yuri's Revenge-the Red Alert 2 expansion pack. What good expansion pack to an already great game. And pretty much anything that came out of Westwood at that time was good. Shame that Westwood's gone.

and The Sims 2. I couldn't wait to have a Sims game where you could have more than 2 levels to your house, excellent graphics, and a bunch of other improvements over The Sims I.

I've always been a fan of the Battlefield: series of games, so I have the entire WW2 anthology, and Battlefield Vietnam. I also have Star Wars Battlefront, and I miss Janes Combat Simulations. I have Fighter's Anthology, Janes WWII Fighters and USAF. I like flight sims a lot. As far as console games, I'm a big fan of the old school stuff. Mario Bros 1, 2, and 3 are all-time favorites.