Trailblazer

prototype66

I've heard rumors Chevy will end up getting a Lambda when Trailblazer is discontinued and the Acadia will eventually completely supersede the Envoy.

174415[/snapback]

the trailblazer is so archaic... its ride is horrible, its fuel ecconomy is second only to the commercial trucks... the long wheel base has already been canceled..

although the izusu and saab just got a model so maybe its not about to be canned...

the trailblazer is so archaic... its ride is horrible, its fuel ecconomy is second only to the commercial trucks... the long wheel base has already been canceled..

although the izusu and saab just got a model so maybe its not about to be canned...

174776[/snapback]

The Saab model of it looks terrible though. The sides are plain, and the grill is the worst. You can see where the bar is supposed to be, since the honey-comb grill just kinda gos blah there. Its a very disappointing effort, imo.

Ascender's been around since the 2003 model year-they just aren't commonly seen, and they're just rebadged, regrilled (nicely, might I add) GMC Envoy and (now dead) Envoy XL's.

The T-355s seem to have been bad luck every where they went. First they got introduced at the killing of Oldsmobile, then they get put into 2 divisions that are just going to kill them off as soon as they got there.

The T-355s seem to have been bad luck every where they went.  First they got introduced at the killing of Oldsmobile, then they get put into 2 divisions that are just going to kill them off as soon as they got there.

177476[/snapback]

GMT360s, the 355s are the Canyon & Colorado & and H3.

Ok, so the interiors need to be updated, other than that, what is so wrong with these trucks? Both the I6 and 5.3 are excellent engines, the trucks as a whole seem to hold up well.

AWD Rainiers with the I6 can be had for under 30k these days.

Wow.  Those are awful.  Of course, it is Popular mechanics.  I posted a pic of Motortrend's rendering of chevy's potential Lambda vehicle.

177561[/snapback]

I must have missed that. Got a link? :(

Ok, so the interiors need to be updated, other than that, what is so wrong with these trucks? Both the I6 and 5.3 are excellent engines, the trucks as a whole seem to hold up well.

177561[/snapback]

Agreed! I do think the front end could use an update and the truck would do great w/ the new 6 speed hybrid transmission.8) Edited by prototype66

Did you notice those drawings are basically the same except the GMC has minivan doors on the back.

The problem about 80-90% of the midsized market are people who actually want a suburban station wagon and can't admit it. They don't tow, they don't go off-road, they get groceries and run kids around. Gas is eating into their SUV habit. I know, the wifes Bravada is sitting a lot more these days. But when you don't need any of the truck atributes, a car-based station wagon with AWD that LOOKS like a truck works just as well. I expect GM and Ford to drop their mid-sized trucks.

My personal opinion, the Trailblazer was an ill-concieved Explorer clone from the begining. GM was in a uniquie position with the original trucks, which were smaller than an explorer and cheaper than the grand cherokee.

Did you notice those drawings are basically the same except the GMC has minivan doors on the back. 

The problem about 80-90% of the midsized market are people who actually want a suburban station wagon and can't admit it.  They don't tow, they don't go off-road, they get groceries and run kids around.  Gas is eating into their SUV habit.  I know, the wifes Bravada is sitting a lot more these days.  But when you don't need any of the truck atributes, a car-based station wagon with AWD that LOOKS like a truck works just as well.  I expect GM and Ford to drop their mid-sized trucks.

My personal opinion, the Trailblazer was an ill-concieved Explorer clone from the begining.  GM was in a uniquie position with the original trucks, which were smaller than an explorer and cheaper than the grand cherokee.

178644[/snapback]

I agree. One reason I like the Saturn Vue is the fact it is closer in size to my 91 Jimmy 4dr. However I don't really want a FWD and like having a full frame. It may be old school but mine has 300,000+ miles so it can't be all wrong.

for what it's worth.............Here is the PM pics.

Posted Image

177555[/snapback]

Crayola your World, Popular Mechanics!

Posted Image

Anyway, I agree with the size statement. The XLs weren't a great idea either, since most people who regularly seat more than five get a larger Tahoe or Suburban or minivan.

A NG Colorado/Canyon-based Blazer/Envoy would sell very well.

Crayola your World, Popular Mechanics!

Posted Image

Anyway, I agree with the size statement. The XLs weren't a great idea either, since most people who regularly seat more than five get a larger Tahoe or Suburban or minivan.

A NG Colorado/Canyon-based Blazer/Envoy would sell very well.

179110[/snapback]

Funny though, since they stopped making them in 04 i've had more people wanting them. The mpg isn't that much better but it is better.Mostly selling the Envoy xl( not the retractabe roof fiasco ) We have sold about 12 in the 1 year i've been selling. The 3 row Lambda is going to do very, very well imo.(unless it looks like that rendering) 8)

I've always liked the TB. I don't really have a need (yet) for a Tahoe or Suburban, and I do like my trucks, but I might not necessarily want a full-size pickup (considering I honestly have one with my '76). Were they not well thought out? Yeah, they could have definitely occupied a few more brain cells when they were on the drawing board. But overall, they seem to do well for those who need an SUV, but don't need a short-wheel base covered crew cab (Tahoe) or its long-wheel base brother (Suburban).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Everyone, Wikipedia now states that the TB will be around until 2009, does anyone know if it will continue to have a full chassis until then? also where can I can one see sales figures for the Trailblazer..

Thanks. :scratchchin:

Edited by dx398